Chapter 4 - Part 2

Playing Hard To Get

This story is not mine and I already ask permission to post this! Please see her website @ http://www.wattpad.com/user/IAmTheGoddamnWalrus - author is Janelle or known as IAmTheGoddamnWalrus

-----------------------------------------

 

Chapter Four Part 2

 

 

...Continuation

 

 

"They're alright," Jiyong said, as he walked over. His hands were in his pockets and he looked up at the sky.

 

"What do you mean? They're gorgeous," I said, wishing I could pick the flower.

 

Jiyong did the job for me and handed it to me. I took it gingerly.

 

"I've seen more gorgeous things," he said, looking straight at me. I looked away, knowing what he was implying.

 

"I just don't get it, Dara! Just tell me why you don't like me, and I'll lay off," he said sadly.

 

I didn't want him to lay off. There was a little part of me that just wanted him to keep pestering me. I couldn't explain why I didn't like him. It hurt too much to think about....

 

"Look, if you don't want to tell me, that's fine," Jiyong said quickly. I could tell it wasn't fine.

 

"Jiyong," I said. My voice was pained by my memory. "Look, I do want to tell you. But, I need time. I can't even bring myself to talk about it with myself."

 

He looked at me with an odd expression. "I don't get it."

 

I inhaled deeply. I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell someone, anyone. But it just hurt so much. Especially since the resemblance was so clear....

 

I realized tears were streaming down my cheeks slowly. I wiped them away quickly. I sat down on a bench in the garden and Jiyong sat beside me. He was so close I could feel his body heat.

 

"Look, I used to be dating someone," I explained slowly. It was the first time I'd talked to anyone about this. "And, well, we did some things that I'll regret for the rest of my life."

 

"What things?" Jiyong asked, rubbing his palms on his knees.

 

I inhaled deeply again. "Dangerous things."

 

Jiyong took a long time to respond, and his voice was cautious. "Like...?"

 

I laughed. "No, not that."

 

I felt his shoulders relax. "Then what?"

 

I didn't want to admit it to myself, but I had to. The scene played flashbacks over and over again. I wanted it to stop. I caught myself pulling the skirt of my dress, threatening to rip it. Jiyong took my hands off my dress before I could damage it.

 

"We were... really close, me and Jaejoong. We did everything together. One night, we were walking downtown. Some guys approached us and... We talked to them. Paul kept me safe, but we were being stupid to talk to them," I took a breath again.

 

"They got fed up, I guess. They shoved me onto the streets. Jaejoong got into a fight with them. We ran along the street, being chased. Jae got pushed again, but I kept running."

The tears formed a lump in my throat, and I swear I was about to choke to death. I struggled to breathe, and I put my head in my hands.

 

"Jae got run over by a car. He died," I finally choked. The sobs broke out. I couldn't help it. I hadn't talked about it for over a year. I looked at Jiyong, and the sobs came again.

 

"And it's hard, because you two look so much alike!" I sobbed again. "The hair, the eyes. The way you speak!"

 

I couldn't get Jae’s face out of my head, now. The last beautiful image I had before he died. We were in the car, the sunlight basking over his face, setting a gold light that made him look like royalty.

 

"Dara, I want to tell you something," he said.

 

"Anything," I said.

 

He took my hand in his and smiled that no teeth smile of his.

 

"I'll never leave you or stop loving you," he whispered. He leaned in to kiss me, and I indulged in it.

 

I wiped the tears away. Jiyong pulled me into a hug, and I accepted, crying into his shoulder.

 

"I'm sorry," he whispered once we pulled away. "I-I didn't-"

 

"Jiyong, it's fine," I sniffled. I wiped my nose. "Don't sweat it."

 

He stared at me, his hands in his lap. He looked really guilty, so I gave him another hug. He didn't hug me back.

 

~Jiyong’s POV~

 

I couldn't stand seeing her like this. I couldn't believe I'd made her do this. I was definitely going to hell. I loved her so much, but I bet she loved this Jaejoong thing even more. I tried lifting my spirits up by telling myself that she said me and Jae looked alike, but that just made me feel guilty.

 

"So much for playing hard to get," she mumbled. I smiled.

 

"Hey, you can still play hard to get. I'm not done trying," I said. She smiled too.

 

"Then I guess if you're not done trying, I'm not done playing."

 

We were called in for dinner. Dara and I sat next to each other, but it wasn't awkward. I think I'd crossed a line, but I'd crossed it safely.

 

The parents talked about stuff. I wondered to myself where the dog was. He was probably at the side of the house or something. My sister couldn't stop looking at Dara's brother and I smiled to myself. Looks like she's got a crush.

 

"We're hoping he'll get onto Oprah," mom gushed.

 

"That would be so nice," Dara's mom gushed back. They began talking back and forth over Oprah and different talk shows and stuff. Our dads began talking about sports, and they became very engrossed in the conversation.

 

"So Minzy," Dara's brother Taemin asked. "How's it going?"

 

Minzy blushed and smiled. I could totally tell they had the hots for each other.

 

"You got a boyfriend?" Taemin asked. Dara kicked him under the table and he yelped. "What was that for?"

 

"Stop being so rude!" she said sternly. He ignored her and winked at Minzy. I cracked up laughing when Dara kicked him again.

 

"So, do you have a boyfriend, Dara?" Daesung asked, winking. Dara smiled. I shot Daesung a look and kicked him.

 

"Mom, Jiyong kicked me!" Daesung whined.

 

"Jiyong, can't you see we're having a discussion?" my mom complained. She turned back to Mrs. Park.

 

I ate in silence, watching as Minzy and Taemin flirted back and forth. Daesung started asking Dara questions and she answered them, glancing at me every so often.

 

Once supper was done, my mom brought out a cherry pie she'd made.

 

"This is delicious, honey," my dad said.

 

"Thank you, Myung Soo," she said. She was still kind of upset over the dog incident, but she was plastering a smile for the Parks.

 

Once we finished our desert, the dads went and watched the game and the moms went to tour the house. Minzy went to show Taemin our game room and Daesung tagged along. Dara sat there uncomfortably. I took her by the hand, trying not to push it.

 

I brought her to the living room and we sat there.

 

"What's up?" I asked, lounging around. She shrugged, smoothing out the skirt of her dress. I'd saved that thing from being ripped to shreds earlier.

 

"Nothing," she responded. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was still kind of shaken up. We sat in silence for a bit.

 

"Dara, would you consider me your friend?" I asked. She sighed and rested her elbow on the back of the couch, leaning against her hand.

 

"Why not?" she sighed. I smiled, very content. A friend was okay.

 

I turned the TV on. The first thing I saw was Sohee and I at some promotion for my music video we went to. Picture flashes surrounded us. I didn't even know how I survived that, let alone come out with my eyesight.

 

"Kwon Jiyong denies anything that he and his co-star Ahn Sohee are dating in any way. Sohee says that even though they aren't dating, she likes him very much. Tune in on Monday to see them co-host the MTV’s Europe Music Awards!"

 

I groaned and turned the TV off. Stupid Sohee was ruining my life. Kush never said anything about me needing to co-host the damn award show. I heard Dara laugh and that lightened me up a little bit.

 

"Jiyong, you're so funny."

 

~Dara’s POV~

 

On Monday, Shin kept on staring at me. I was scared that now he assumed we were going to get married or something. At lunch, I sat with Amber and Sulli.

 

"Sorry we bailed on you last week," Amber said sheepishly. "You and Jiyong just looked so... happy together."

 

I laughed. "No big deal."

 

We laughed and ate, and soon lunch was over. I was heading to my fifth hour class. Jiyong was supposed to be here, but he flew to wherever the Europe’s Music Awards were being held this morning. I would probably watch them tonight. But not for Jiyong. I wanted to see if Justin Bieber was there.

 

The rest of the day passed quickly, and soon I was at home. I turned the TV on. An episode of Pretty Little Liars was on, and I watched intently. There was a little timer at the bottom saying how many hours until the awards started. I had two hours.

 

Taemin came through the door and I threw a pillow at him.

 

"How was Minzy today?" I asked. He smiled and joined me on the couch.

 

"Hot," he replied. I laughed and shoved him. He got up and retreated to the kitchen and came back with a bag of ketchup chips. He nibbled them. My parents soon came home. My mom gushed over the dinner on Saturday, and began to prepare our own dinner. My dad sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

 

"Your mother is obsessed with cooking now," he sighed. He sat in the love seat and took a handful of chips. We watched back to back episodes of Pretty Little Liars.

 

"And now, what you've all been waiting for, the MTV Europe Music Awards!" a voice boomed on the TV. Screaming fans filled the surround sound. Different celebrities stood against paper backdrops with advertisements of Coca-Cola and stuff. Justin Bieber's face zoomed in on the screen. He was standing with Jiyong, smiling and joking with him.

 

"Justin, what's it like to be here?" an interviewer asked. As usual, Justin flipped his hair before he spoke.

 

"You know, it's great. And to be here in the presence of Kwon Jiyong, that's amazing too," he laughed. Jiyong smiled, and I stared into his brown eyes. They looked right at the camera and I smiled slightly. I really hoped that nobody saw me.

.

Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart's faces replaced Jiyong and Justin's faces. Rihanna and Drake were soon following, and then Lady GaGa. I nearly screamed at the presence. I loved Lady Gaga.

 

The awards presenting soon followed. Numerous people won awards, including Taylor Swift, Hedley, and so forth.

 

"And now our next category. Best World Wide Act! Our nominees: Dong Youngbae, Choi Seunghyun and Kwon Jiyong!”

 

I nearly jumpped at the sighed Jiyong on the screen again. He sat in his seat, grinning next to his mom. She smiled and held his hand.

 

"And the winner is...Kwon Jiyong!"

 

Jiyong got up, smiling. He hugged those around him- his mom, his dad, and some other guy I assumed was his manager. He hopped up the stairs to the stage. He stood beside the presenter.

 

"I want to thank my family for supporting me, and my manager Kush. I want to thank my friends at home. Most of all, I want to thank all of you, the fans!" he held his trophy up. "Thank you!"

 

A commercial came on and I eased myself.

 

"Well, good job Jiyong," my dad said groaning as he got up from the couch. He walked into the kitchen to help my mom make dinner. Taemin went to go call Minzy, so I sat there alone. The awards came back and Jiyong and Sohee stood side by side, waiting to present the next award. Sohee's red hair was in a curly up-do and she was wearing a revealing hot pink dress. She clung onto Jiyong's arm. I could tell he was upset over that underneath his smile.

 

"And now for best new act nominees," Sohee said. I scoffed at her voice. She sounded so fake and plastic. She reminded me of the Barbie dolls I used to play with.

 

"The nominees are: Bruno Mars, Far East Movement, Jessie J, LMFAO and Wiz Khalifa!"

 

"And the winner is...." Jiyong said opening the envelope. He read it and looked up. "Bruno Mars!"

 

Bruno Mars walked up beside Jiyong and shook his hand. He gave Sohee a hug and stepped up to the microphone. Jiyong and Sohee stepped aside, Sohee still clinging onto him. Jiyong whispered something to him, and she frowned before letting go of his arm. I smiled, and turned the TV off. I'd seen all I wanted to see.

 

My mom called me for dinner, and I ate silently, thinking of how Sohee got told off my Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------

ppyong! you like it? Me? love it!

Thanks to Janelle!