Chapter Two

Playing Hard To Get

This story is not mine and I already ask permission to post this! Please see her website @ http://www.wattpad.com/user/IAmTheGoddamnWalrus - author is Janelle or known as IAmTheGoddamnWalrus

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter Two

 

~Jiyong's POV~

 

I opened up my e-mail. A message from known girl’s group kpop idol, Ahn So Hee, appeared on the screen. I sighed and opened it.

 

Hey, Jiyong! What's up? Do you miss shooting the music video? I heard you were one of the world's iest men thing year! I totally agree with them. We should get together some time, even though I live in the other side of the world and you don't. Maybe I'll come visit you!

                                                                                

                                                                                                                        Sohee <3

 

I sighed and deleted the e-mail, not responding. She sends me an e-mail everyday telling me she likes me. We weren't even the ones in love in the music video! And besides, she was five years older than me. She's super annoying too.  

 

((Note: Let’s just say that Sohee and Jiyong made a music video and she was older than him))

 

"Jiyong dinner!" my mom called from the bottom of the stairs. I turned the computer off and joined my family downstairs. They all smiled at me. I sat down and looked at my plate. I made a face of disgust. My mother had plopped some funky looking brown substance on my plate. I picked at it.

 

"Jiyong, your manager and a couple girls from school called here earlier," my mom said excitedly. She all for my being a music artist. My father wasn't as on board as she was. He frowned.

 

"Jiyong, if you're going to keep getting phone calls, you can't do any more composing," he grunted. My mom placed her hand lightly on his.

 

"Of course not, Myung Soo. He can compose as many songs as he wants."

 

My younger sister Minzy looked at me. "Jiyong, do you think you can sign up for collaboration with Black Eyed Peas Will.I.AM in them? Maybe do something with Lee Minho?"

 

I groaned and took a sip of my drink, not answering them. They were always asking favors that had to do with my fame. My mom wanted me to go to USA to meet Oprah, my sister wanted me to do collaboration with Minho and my brother wants me to meet Lee Hyori.

 

 "Lee Minho’s not even a singer," my brother Daesung scoffed at Minzy. She made a face.

 

 "He sung in Boys over Flowers," she said matter-of-factly. Daesung rolled his eyes and began eating again.

 

 "If your brother is going to meet anybody, it better be Oprah," my mom said excitedly. I gave her a look. She shrugged and told me to eat my supper.

 

When dinner was over, I cleared up all the plates and brought them to the sink. I was about to clean them, when the phone rang. I answered it.

 

"Kwon residence. Jiyong speaking," I said while turning the tap on.

 

"Ah, Jiyong! How's it going, man?" the familiar voice of my manager said. I sighed, but made my voice sound light.

 

"Hey, Kush. Everything's fine," I said. I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose.

 

"Good, good. Hey, look. I was wondering if you wanted to go on the Ellen DeGeneres show," he said excitedly. "She's asked if you could be a guest."

 

I bit my lip. "I don't know, Kush. I mean, school's kind of just started and all that and well-"

 

"Hey! Hey! Don't sweat it, man. But there is one thing you're obligated to go to," he said mischievously. I braced myself.

 

"And what would that be?"

 

I heard a chuckle on the other end. "You have to go to the MTV’s Europe Music Awards."

 

I groaned out loud. I absolutely hated award shows. They were rigged and the categories were stupid. I mean, best on screen kiss? Who cares!

 

"You're nominated for World Wide Act," Kush explained. That didn't make it sound any better.

 

"When are they?" I asked unenthusiastically.

 

"Next week."

 

"You're kidding," I said. He told me he wasn't kidding, and that he had to go.

 

"See you next week at the airport! Be there Saturday at nine in the morning!"

 

I hung up and put the phone on the table. I left the dishes and retreated to my room with a headache. Why did I say yes to the music production? Why did I agree to all of this? I was lucky I could still have my house.

 

I heard a shout from downstairs about me being irresponsible and that I should go down and do the dishes. I got into bed and pulled the covers over my head, trying to block out all humanity.

 

~Dara's POV~

 

I was excited. Maybe too excited. I mean, I was just going out for coffee with my friends. But they were my best friends. And I hadn't seen them all month.

 

I pulled into the Starbucks parking lot when I saw Bommie, Kang Hee, Victoria and Hyuna waving to me. I smiled and quickly got out of the car to meet them. They tackled me with a hug.

 

 "Dara!" they all shouted. People looked at us as they filed in.

 

"We've missed you so much," Kang Hee said fixing his glasses on his nose. I grinned. We walked inside and ordered. We sat down at a booth. We talked about everything, how I was enjoying my new school and town, who I’d, met, if there were any cute guys at the school.

 

A light beeping noise interrupted our talk. Hyuna reached into her purse to answer her cell phone. She talked for a bit while the rest of us watched. Once she was done, her screen saver appeared. I snatched the phone from her and examined the photo.

 

"What the hell Dara," she said, reaching for her phone. I leaned away. I showed the rest of them the picture.

 

"Do you know who this is?" I asked quickly. They all nodded.

 

"That's Kwon Jiyong," Kang Hee swooned. If you can guess, he's gay.

 

Bommie and Victoria started giggling and taking their phones out. They showed me their different screen savers. Bommie’s had a picture of Jiyong like a guy from Baywatch staring out at sea. Victoria’s was a picture of Jiyong without a shirt on, posing artfully on a tree. He had a four pack that was pretty impressive. His eyes sparkled in the light and they seemed to peer into my soul....

 

NO. I would not think of him like that! I had to promise myself I would play hard to get. I wasn't going to be like those other girls and cave in so easily. Yes, I was going to play hard to get.

 

"Dara, why do you ask?" Vic asked, breaking my thoughts.

 

"Ask what?" I asked. They stared at me.

 

"Ask if we knew who Mr. y-pants Kwon Jiyong is," she said waggling her eyebrows. I made a look of disgust. They all gasped. Kang Hee, being the most dramatic, slammed his palms on the table.

 

"You don't like Kwon Jiyong? Why?" He dragged the word why long and dramatically.

 

I bit my lip. Should I tell them that Jiyong was at my school? That he tried to talking to me and that I was almost certain he liked me? That he was in my class? I knew they would start asking me favors and stuff, but I mean they were my best friends. We were supposed to tell each other everything.

 

I sighed heavily. "Well, Jiyong goes to my school."

 

I watched as their faces changed. They went from surprised, to shocked, to overly excited. Victoria and Kang Hee turned to each other, linked hands and started squealing while doing a little hop thing. I rolled my eyes and put my head on the table. They were all squealing excitedly. I knew this would happen. Ugh, I regretted telling them.

 

"Oh D, you have to let us meet him!" Bommie pleaded. I shifted in my seat. I wasn't really friends with him, but if I talked with him I'd probably send him the wrong message.

 

"I'm not really friends with him-"

 

They all frowned, but nodded understandingly.

 

"Yeah, he's probably always surrounded," Hyuna said. I nodded absent mindedly.

 

"Well that's a bummer," Kang Hee said melodramatically.

 

Once we were done, we said our goodbyes and gave each other hugs. I walked to my black convertible and twisted the key in the ignition. I smiled as it purred like a cat.

 

I felt like such a cool cat driving with the hood of my car down and the radio on. My hair was flying everywhere just like in the movies. I tapped my finger on the steering wheel to the beat of the music.

 

"And now for some entertainment news. Rumour has is that kpop idols Ahn So Hee and Kwon Jiyong are a couple now!"

 

I looked at the radio, and then shut it off. I should be happy about that; I mean he could stop stalking me now. But it bothered me. It sent this little tornado through my stomach. And I didn't like it.

 

 ~Jiyong’s POV~

 

I stared at the magazine in my hands. On the cover was a picture of So Hee and I, claiming that we were in love. What the hell? We were anything but in love. I quickly grabbed all the magazines with me on the cover and put them behind the other ones, praying that the security cameras weren't watching me.

 

I walked to the other side of the convenience store to the slushie side. I popped a cup off the wall and pouring myself a nice cold green slushie. Somebody walked up beside me and I moved slightly out of the way. They poured themselves a blue slushie. I glanced over and saw it was Dara. I smiled.

 

"Hey, Dara!" I said chuckling a little. Her expression went blank for a second.

 

"Jiyongie, I have just one request from you," she said lightly. I nodded, waiting for her to speak again.

 

"Don't stalk me," she said. I laughed, popping a top onto my cup. I stuck a straw in it and let the green apple flavor satisfy my taste buds.

 

"I'm not stalking you, Dara," I insisted. She shook her head and popped a lid on her cup.

 

"Yes, you are. You are a stalker. I could call the cops you know," she said. I frowned. She looked so serious. Gosh, she really didn't like me. I smiled. That was hot.

 

Maybe I should use my superstar charm to ask her on a date? Maybe that's all she wanted.

 

"Hey, Dara. I was wondering if you maybe wanted to come bowling with me this Saturday." I said casually, using my best acting voice. Her expression blanked, and then she started laughing.

 

“Me? On a date with you? I heard you had a girlfriend!"

 

I frowned again. Damn you, Ahn Sohee.

 

"Uh, no I don't. That's just a rumour. Honest," I said. She studied me, seeming to believe me. I thought I saw a hint of pleasure in her eyes. She shook her head.

 

"I'm not like other girls, Jiyong," she said turning to leave. I grabbed her arm.

 

"Hey, I know you're not like other girls," I smiled. "That's why I'm asking you out."

 

She sighed. "No, I mean I'm not going to fall for your music star status."

 

She walked to the cashier and paid, and so did I. She was walking outside and I followed her.

 

"So you're seriously turning down a date with me?" I asked. She stopped and looked me in the eye. Her expression softened, and she seemed to go a bit distant for a little bit, like she was thinking about something. She shook her head slightly and came back.

 

"Look, there's no denying that you have charm," she said. I smiled and she shook her head at me.

 

"But, to me you're just a person. So, I'm going to do to you what I do to every guy." She smiled proudly at me. I looked at her, puzzled.

 

"So basically, you're going to be playing hard to get?" I guess. She nodded. I smirked at her.

 

"Well that's cool. Cause I can play hard to get you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------

Chapter 2 is up!