Chapter 11

Playing Hard To Get

This story is not mine and I already ask permission to post this! Please see her website @ http://www.wattpad.com/user/IAmTheGoddamnWalrus - author is Janelle or known as IAmTheGoddamnWalrus

-----------------------------------------

Chapter 11

 

 ~Jiyong’s POV~

 

  "Alright, places everybody!" Mr. Kim called. "We have one week until production. Now, this is dress rehearsal, so it may take a long time to get everything right, Seunghyun."

 

We all turned to Choi Seunghyun with a laugh. We all got into our places and began to rehearse.

 

The play takes place in Victorian time, so all the guys are wearing puffy shirts and pants with boots. The girls are all wearing dresses with bows and ruffles and they're going to have their hair up in curls and stuff. I can't wait to laugh at some of them.

 

We reached the end of the play, where Agatha dies. I watched as Dara said her line in such a believable manor. She brought the dagger through her, and then collapsed on the floor.

 

I bent down and touched Dara's face. "My darling Agatha, killed and broken! This cursed blade shall forever rest with me. I will press it to my neck as well. We will be together again soon, my precious flower."

 

I picked up the pretend dagger and held it against my neck.

 

"And now, I will call out to my beloved Agatha, and once again, we will be together!"

 

I pressed lightly, and then collapsed on the floor as well. Everybody else said their lines, but I wasn't paying attention. I was too focused on the fact that Dara's arm was stretched in such a way, that our hands were almost touching. I wanted to reach and hold onto it for dear life, but the rehearsal ended.

 

"Bravo! Brava! Excellent! Alright, we'll see you on Friday for a final rehearsal!" Mrs. Lee said. I got up slowly to the same pace as Dara. I headed to the costume area and changed. I leaned against the stage wall while I waited for Dara.

 

Suddenly, my phone rang in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw the screen. It was Kush.

 

"Hey, Kush. What's up?" I said casually.

 

"Dude!" his voice was aggravated. "Where the hell are you? Our !n plane leaves in thirty minutes!"

 

My stomach churned. Crap, I forgot the Justin Bieber thing!

 

"Oh my gosh. Well, I'll be there soon, I promise. Bye Kush!"

 

I hung up as I heard him about to yell at me. I quickly went behind the costume screen and searched for Dara. All the girls screeched as I walked through them taking off their corsets.

 

"It's not like I've never seen them before," I muttered to myself. I finally found Dara scooping up her bag. I grabbed her by the arm and started pulling her.

 

"Woah, slow your roll," she laughed. I dragged her outside and plopped her in my car.

 

"Look, I need a favor from you," I said quickly as I turned out of the parking lot.

 

"What would that be?" she asked, crossing her arms.

 

"I have to go to the airport. You know my Justin Bieber recording stuff. But my flight leaves in-" I checked the clock "-twenty eight minutes."

 She shrugged. "What do you need me to do?"

 

 "Could you drive my car home or something? Please?" I pleaded. She grinned.

 

"You mean I get to take a whirl in this fancy chancy car of yours?"

 

I sighed. "Yes!"

 

"Alright, I'll do it."

 

I sighed with relief and parked in the airport. I took my bags out of the trunk and handed Dara the keys.

 

"Bye," I said. I hesitated, but kissed her quickly on the cheek. I waved and headed inside. I saw Kush standing there. He walked over.

 

"Finally you're here. Come on!"

 

He pulled me through the boarding passes, security, and finally we reached our gate in seconds to spare. We took our seats.

 

"You're lucky we made it," Kush said sternly. "It would've been so bad for your image if you blew off Justin Bieber."

 

I shrugged. I looked out the window at the clear blue November sky. The plane started moving and I closed my eyes. I hated planes. I hated everything about them.

 

"How long is this flight supposed to be?" I asked Kush once we were done taking off.

 

He shrugged. "About twenty-four hours and a half."

 

I nodded. Twnety-four was good. I closed my eyes, hoping I'd fall asleep. Dara was in my dream. We were on the stage, reciting our lines. She was smiling and laughing.

 

"Alright everyone!" Mrs. Lee sang cheerfully. "Now is the big kiss!"

 

I looked down at Dara's smiling face. She looked up at me. She stood on her tippy toes and reached for me. I bent down to kiss her. Finally, our lips met.  I relished in the moment; he hands laced around my neck, my hands planted firmly on her waist. Everyone around us was quiet. I smiled against her lips, and I felt her smile too.

 

"Jiyong!" someone shook me. I opened my eyes. Kush was smiling at me, pointing out the window.

 

"We're here."

 

I looked out the window. Tall buildings filled every single part of land. We soon landed and grabbed our luggage. We headed towards the exit, and I saw about three hug body guards standing around a smiling Justin Bieber.

 

"Jiyong, hey!" Justin said, giving me a gangster high five. I smiled at him.

 

"Hey," I replied. We walked out the building to a large stretch limo. A body guard opened the door for us, and we entered it.

 

"Wow," I mused. I'd never been in a stretch limo. The interior was black and sleek, with champagne in a little bucket. I chuckled to myself at the champagne.

 

"You want some?" Justin teased, holding up a bottle. I laughed, but shook my head.

 

"Naw."

 

We were headed straight for the recording studio. We talked about different things, like rapping and sports. We finally reached the studio and filed out of the car.

 

"Good afternoon, Justin," a secretary said. He nodded at her and led me down a hallway. We walked into the recording booth.

 

"Alright," Justin said. "These are your lyrics. I'm pretty sure you already know them, because I e-mailed them to you."

 

I looked at him sheepishly. I hadn't checked my e-mail in ages.

 

"You didn't get it, did you?" he said. I shook my head.

 

"S'alright. You can just read them. They're relatively easy to remember." He flashed that smile that all the girls fall for. I nodded, and put the head phones on. I heard the beat of the music and looked at Justin, who gave me thumbs up.

 

He began singing, his voice adding onto the music. I soon sang my part, then Justin sang his, and I sang mine again.

 

"That was excellent guys!" the person recording called. Justin walked over to me.

 

"You're really good," he said.

 

"Thanks," I replied.

 

Once we were done recording, we decided to go tour around the city. We walked around talking and laughing.

 

"So," Justin said. "I saw your episode of Oprah."

 

"Really?" I replied casually. He nodded.

 

"Yeah. So are you and that girl dating yet?" he asked. I shook my head.

 

"No. But we're getting there."

 

He nodded. "She's hot."

 

This made me angry. Nobody had ever called Dara hot around me.

 

"That's kind of degrading, isn't it?" I pointed out. He looked at me funny.

 

"You don't find girls hot?"

 

I shifted uncomfortably. "Well, I mean, I like girls. But, isn't calling them hot degrading? Wouldn't beautiful be a better word?"

 

Justin laughed. "You're odd."

 

I smiled. "I know."

 

We grabbed some dinner then I headed to my hotel. I couldn't wait until I left here Sunday. I'd had lots of fun with Justin and stuff, but I just missed home. I dialed the Parks' number into the phone at the hotel. It rang twice before Taemin picked up.

 

"Hello?" he said.

 

I smiled to myself. "Taemin, hey! It's Jiyong."

 

"Oh, hey! I'll get Dara."

 

I waited until Daras voice echoed. "Jiyong?"

 

I beamed now. "Hey."

 

"You're car is awesome, just by the way," she gushed. I laughed.

 

"Maybe that'll be your birthday present," I teased. She giggled.

 

"You're coming back Sunday?" she asked. I nodded, though nobody could see.

 

"Yeah. Sunday morning."

 

It was silent for a while.

 

"Well, I've got to go. I can pick you up from the airport," Dara said quietly.

 

I smiled. "Alright. I'll be landing at noon. Bye."

 

I hung up and slumped back against my pillow, smiling to myself. I closed my eyes, and drifted to sleep.

 

~Dara’s POV~

 

I tapped my foot impatiently. When was the stupid plane going to get here? I walked around the airport, bored as hell. I finally bought myself a donut and sat down to eat it. I the powder off my fingers and through the paper in the trash. I took a seat again. I looked around for any signs of a short, bald man with a goatee who would be with Jiyong. Nothing. I tapped my fingers against the armrests.

 

Finally, I found an orange head bobbing up and down. I beamed and ran towards him.

 

"Jiyong!" I shouted. He looked up and staggered back a little bit as I tackled him with a hug. He chuckled and hugged me back.

 

"I should leave then come back more often," he teased. I flicked him in the back of the head as we headed to his car. He got in the driver's side and I filed in the passenger side. We left Kush alone as we drove down the road to his house.

 

"We have our final rehearsal this week," I said suddenly, trying to break the silence. He nodded.

 

"Yeah. You ready?" he asked, glancing at me.

 

I shrugged, but smiled. "Yeah. How about you?"

 

He snorted. "I'm always ready for acting."

 

I chuckled and rested my hand on my thigh. I looked out the window at all the snow that lay on the ground, making everything ten times prettier. We finally reached his house. I helped him bring his stuff inside.

Eun Hye and Soo-Man were sitting close to each other on the couch, watching a movie. Jiyong scowled and headed up the stairs, stamping his feet loudly. I followed him up quietly.  I placed the bags on the ground and leaned in the doorway. He pulled something out of his pocket. It was a picture of him and Justin Bieber together, eating lunch. He smiled at me then called for Minzy. She came prancing in.

 

"Oh my gosh, how was Justin?" she asked quickly. Jiyong handed her the picture, and she looked like she were about to faint.

 

 "And this is from him," Jiyong added, taking a locket shaped as a heart from his pocket and putting it around Minzy's neck. She smiled. She didn't say anything; she was at a loss for words

 

"And guess who's coming to visit us?" Jiyong said lightly.

 

"Who?" Minzy finally squealed.

 

"My new best friend Lee Minho," he replied smugly. Minzy screamed and jumped up and down. She gave Jiyong a big hug.

 

"I love you Jiyong!"

 

She pranced down the stairs, still screaming. I chuckled and looked at him. He shrugged, but still smiled.

 

"Lee Minho is seriously coming to visit you?" I raised an eyebrow. He nodded.

 

"Yup. In a month," he replied casually. I rolled my eyes.

 

It was Friday, the final rehearsal. I shrugged into one of my many costumes, and then headed out onto stage. Jiyong was already ready and waiting for me. I walked over beside him. He smiled nervously at me.

 

"What's wrong?" I asked. "Scared for tomorrow's production?"

 

He narrowed his eyes. "No."

 

I smirked at him and took my place. I began to rehearse my lines, as did everyone else.

 

Drama rehearsals were soon done, and I scrambled to take my costume off. I unlaced my corset and slipped out of my dress. I shook my semi curled hair and grabbed my bag. Jiyong was leaning against the wall, talking to Seunghyun. He saw me coming and shrugged away from the wall.

 

"Ready?" he asked. I nodded. I heard a cough behind me, so I turned around.

 

"Dara?" Seunghyun asked nervously.

 

"Uh, yeah Seunghyun?" I replied, just as nervous. I hated when people talked to me when they were nervous. It just made me nervous.

 

"I was wondering. Well, after the play, I was wondering if you wanted to go out to dinner with me," Seunghyun said quietly.

 

I smiled, though my eyes were as big as dinner plates. Seunghyun, a good drama friend of mine, had just asked me out. I was about to respond, but Jiyong beat me to it.

 

"Sorry, Seunghyun," he said in fake apology. "She's busy."

 

Seunghyun glanced up at Jiyong, who towered over him.

 

"I actually wasn't asking you," he said coolly.

 

Jiyong narrowed his eyes and kept on dragging me along. I guess I wasn't going on a date with Seunghyun tomorrow.

 

Jiyong and I walked home in silence, me trying to keep up with his quick pace.

 

"Slow down, would you?" I said, stumbling once. He slowed a little bit, but picked up again. I sighed, and I was soon jogging after him.

 

We reached my house and I stood in the driveway. Jiyong eyeballed me.

 

"Aren't you going inside?" he asked flatly.

 

"Why are you so grumpy?" I whined. He inhaled deeply, and then pinched the bridge of his nose.

 

"No reason. Look, you should get some sleep or something. Prepare for tomorrow."

 

A smile flashed across his face. I nodded and smiled back at him.

 

"Alright. Bye, Jiyong!" I called, walking inside.

 

The butterflies then entered me. I was nervous. I was giddy. Tomorrow I'd be kissing Jiyong.