Heart Starter

Honey, You Make Me Happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This was written in haste but the idea came from all the angst prompt I saw online and I wanted to bring a little uplifting mood to it. Some of the monologues are inspired by T.S.'s 'Paper Rings' lyrics and a bit of 'You're losing me'. Enjoy:)

 

Yong couldn’t help it. When it’s her mom nagging her about marriage, all her walls are up and her nails dig through her palm painfully. It’s the same thing all over again, she should be a little bit of this and a little bit of that to make her more favorable for suitors to marry her. 

 

She loosened her fist and dragged her slightly numb fingers through her hair. The passive-aggressive tone of her mom was all she could hear and she knew better than to interrupt. If she did, she wouldn’t hear the end of this. 

 

So she kept shut and let her mind float elsewhere. Float to where her thoughts usually are, to Wheein. She felt the immediate feeling of calm wash through her.

 

Yong let herself feel distracted a bit, not enough to be unresponsive if her mom expected a response from her but enough to think about what Wheein might be doing right now.

 

5 minutes flew by and she heard her mom finally saying goodbye, hanging up. Yong wasted no time grabbing her things and driving over to the woman she’s been daydreaming of.

 

-

 

“Yong! I was about to call you and ask if you wanted to come over.” 

 

Wheein greeted her with a bright smile, eyes like crescents, and her deep dimple showing up. The moment she read Yong’s expression, hers shifted, “What’s wrong?”

 

Yong let herself be led into the living room, already in her pajamas, she settled on the couch. “Want to get wasted?” was all she said before Wheein nodded at her. They could talk later, for now, she gladly accepted the kiss Wheein dropped on top of her head and listened to the way she gathered bottles of soju and a shot glass in the kitchen. 

 

Yong fidgeted with the hem of her shirt, waiting for the younger woman to sit beside her. She would usually help set everything up but Wheein was adamant that she’ll do everything by herself.

 

It was a good thing she had leftovers in the fridge, Wheein thought. They wouldn’t have to order anything and could just get straight to talking.

 

And talk they did. The moment Wheein pulled Yong to lean on her, she ranted about how her mom keep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter