Chapter Six

The Brotherhood

 

‘Did you steal a car?’ Ma eyed me suspiciously.

 

‘I w-would never, M-M-Ma,’ I spluttered.

 

‘Then why would such a fancy car be parked outside our door?’ Pa asked me.

 

‘I don’t know?’ I panicked.

 

, how was I supposed to save Jaejoong and Yunho?

 

Think, Yoochun, think!

 

‘And where’s Jae dear?’ Ma questioned.

 

Stop ing piling questions at me!

 

‘I don't know... Maybe he went to see a doctor?’ I tried.

 

‘I’m calling the police, this is trespassing of private property,’ Pa whipped out his phone.

 

‘ NO! DON’T!’ I yelled, snatching the phone from Pa.

 

‘What did you just say!? And what do you have to do with this mystery car?’ Pa was towering over me, fuming mad.

 

‘I-I… ! Just calm down, I’ll explain to you guys inside,’ I felt like a loser.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘You both got drunk and suddenly a car pops out of nowhere!?’ Pa spat.

 

‘Jaejoong brought a friend over, and he’s the one who owns that awesome car,’ I explained.

 

‘So where are they?’

 

‘I’ll go call them,’ I ran up the stairs.

 

I opened the cupboard and shook them both up.

 

‘WAKE UP! ING WAKE UP, YOU GUYS!’ I shook them violently.

 

Jaejoong stirred but muttered, ‘Just a while longer.’

 

‘No time! Ma and Pa are home!’

 

Jaejoong immediately jumped up but yelped in pain as reality hit him.

 

I couldn’t help but chuckle as Jaejoong’s hand went behind to rub his . He must have been wondering why it was so sore huh

 

‘Why…’ Jaejoong winced as he tried to walk.

 

‘You sure you wanna know?’ I wiggled my eyebrows.

 

Jaejoong thought for a while then he noticed Yunho in lying on the floor.

 

‘Oh…don’t te-tell me…’ Jaejoong almost lost his balance and grabbed the table for support.

 

‘You guys did it and I puked everything we consumed in the morning when I found you both and covered in white sticky mess,’ I stated.

 

‘I feel so stupid,’ Jaejoong groaned in pain (which came from his head and sore ) as he struggled to walk.

 

‘I’ll piggyback you downstairs,’ I lifted Jaejoong effortlessly onto my back and went down the stairs slowly.

 

‘What happened?’ Ma rushed to the bottom of the stairs.

 

‘He hurt his so he’s finding trouble with walking,’ I tried my best to hide the laughter in my voice.

 

‘Yoochunnie,’ Jaejoong blushed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I got grounded for the first time in my life.

 

Yunho got a scolding from my parents for taking up their parking space and luckily, that’s about it.

 

They didn’t suspect us to be in a relationship or anything, but my parents were curious as to how I made friends with such a rich guy.

 

I told them I met him at the university open house. Not an exact lie…

 

I called Yunho later on at night because we had much to discuss about what we had done earlier in the day.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I didn't know why I was summoned into the principal’s office by the school’s secretary.

 

I saw Yoochunnie sitting on the sofa in the office’s waiting area and I rushed towards him.

 

‘What happened?’ I asked worriedly, shaking Yoochunnie’s body.

 

‘I don’t know. But why are you here as well?’ Yoochunnie frowned.

 

‘No idea either,’ I sat beside him, taking his hand in mine and squeezed it reassuringly, ‘I think they called in the wrong people.’

 

‘Wrong people!?’ the principal’s voice boomed when he suddenly appeared from his office.

 

He was holding up a print out picture of a male student ing his friend’s uniform.

 

Wait… that vaguely ringed a bell.

 

I heard Yoochunnie gasp from beside me, ‘THAT’S US! HOW DID YOU GET THAT!?’

 

Ahh, no wonder those two looked so familiar.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Care to tell me what’s going on between the two of you,’ our principal looked straight into my eyes before doing the same to Yoochunnie.

 

‘It was a friendly gesture, you know… just playing around,’ Yoochunnie shrugged.

 

‘Friendly? This doesn’t look friendly. And I’ve received a report from a member of the public, stating that you both were talking openly about having had on a bus ride to school and in your uniforms as well. What do you have to say for yourselves?’ I hated the dirty looks he shot at us.

 

He was obviously a homophobic. And it’s even worse now that we were framed for having an under aged uous relationship.

 

‘Sir, to outsiders, such as yourself, would indefinitely get the wrong impression of us. I had overslept that morning and had asked my brother to iron my uniform for me while I went to freshen up for school. He admitted that he did a bad job and hence, was adamant in wanting to switch uniforms with me, as he didn’t want me to get in trouble for a messy uniform. Of course, not forgetting that I was a student councilor as well and that I had an image to uphold.

 

‘As for the talk on the bus, yes, that did happen. We are both healthy male students who are at the age of battling raging hormones and were too careless and got too carried away with the conversation. For that mistake, we would like to formally apologise at the school assembly tomorrow morning for tarnishing its image. I would also follow up by writing a formal letter of apology to the bus company and members of the public who witnessed our misconduct.’

 

I saw Yoochunnie gape at my words from the corner of my eye.

 

The principal cleared his throat, ‘There’s no need for that, Jaejoong. From what I’ve heard, I can see that at least you are extremely apologetic about this. You both will have to serve detention for a week though. The next time this happens, I’ll have to suspend or even kick you both out of school.’

 

We both stood up and bowed deeply at the principal and left the office.

 

‘Jaejoong, it’s all my fault,’ Yoochunnie apologised softly on our way out of the general office.

 

‘It’s both our faults, okay?’ I patted his shoulder.

 

‘But…’

 

‘It’s over now, so relax,’ I looked around and when the coast was clear, I reassured Yoochunnie by pulling him into a quick hug.

 

I let go and Yoochunnie managed a smile.

 

‘Whoever finishes class first waits for the other, okay?’ Yoochunnie nodded and I waved and walked quickly back to class. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘I (*pant) never knew (*pant) that this would be so tiring (*pant),’ I was struggling to pedal the bicycle uphill.

 

‘I’m sorry we have to do this,’ Jaejoong looked backwards at me before looking back at the front.

 

Because of yesterday’s incident, Jaejoong decided that staying away from taking the bus to school would be better for us. Let the tide pass, he said.

 

I would indefinitely feel embarrass if I had to take the transport anyway, knowing that we were on the bus’ black list, labeled as the two gay teenagers who couldn’t keep their hands to themselves and allowed their mouths to run too freely.

 

By the time I reached school, I was perspiring like mad.

 

How was I supposed to do this for the next few weeks?

 

I looked at Jaejoong who was parking his bicycle beside me.

 

He looked like he was posing for pictures in a photo shoot. His shiny and soft black hair was slightly tousled by the wind but he simply began brushing his hair with his long slender fingers to smoothen it back into place. His cheeks were slightly pink from the activity and his gaze was set at a certain direction.

 

‘How I wished I looked like that,’ I stared open mouthed.

 

I then examined myself. I was nowhere near in comparison to my brother.

 

The back of my uniform stuck onto me like a second skin because of all the perspiration and I felt irked out by my sticky fringe which were now covering my eyes. My uniform was now quite crumpled and the left hem of my pants was stuck in my sock.

 

To sum it all up, I looked like .

 

Screw my life.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~