Chapter Three

The Brotherhood

 

 

It was Valentine’s Day today and I was wondering whether Jaejoong had a date or not.

 

Well, I didn’t. I’ll admit I have weird hormones. I wasn’t attracted to anyone, at least not yet. I’m sure I’m going through puberty now, because I had been shooting up recently and suddenly found myself to be taller than Jaejoong. But why am I not at least crushing on someone?

 

Not having a date wasn’t as y as the fact that I was grounded and confined in my room for the next 2 days (it was the weekends), having been caught by my Pa while painting on my bedroom walls instead of revising my schoolwork.

 

My parents actually still have a love life despite them being workaholics and the ‘ultimate pressure giving parents’ as they were going out for dinner at an upscale restaurant, leaving Jaejoong and I at home.

 

Looks like Jaejoong has no love life as well as he knocked the door and entered my room after shouting, ‘What the do you want?’ at him.

 

‘I’m bored,’ Jaejoong said, grabbing a chair and sitting beside me.

 

‘Then go to sleep,’ I told him.

 

‘I’m not sleepy,’ he sighed, ‘You spelt ‘library’ wrongly. Add an ‘r’ in between ‘b’ and ‘a’.’

 

‘How the do you do that!?’ I gasped, grabbing my correction tape to go over my mistake.

 

‘I’m used to correcting other people’s work, especially yours,’ Jaejoong continued to scan my English composition paper.

 

I totally at second language. Well, I at all subjects, except Art.

 

‘No date tonight?’ I smirked evilly at Jaejoong.

 

‘He’s coming over later,’ Jaejoong grinned.

 

‘He? The !’ I immediately rolled my chair faraway from him.

 

‘You’re homophobic?’ Jaejoong looked hurt, but his eyes never left my compo.

 

‘I’m just shocked, that’s all…’ this was one of the few rare occasions that I showed actual emotions in my conversations with Jaejoong.

 

‘Are you going to tell Ma and Pa?’ Jaejoong grabbed the pen from my right hand and began finishing up my composition for me.

 

‘Even if I did, they wouldn’t believe me,’ I rolled my eyes.

 

‘Thanks for covering up for me,’ Jaejoong gave me a quick smile, before continuing with my homework.

 

‘How did you meet him?’ I couldn’t help but become curious.

 

I’m sad to admit that I never knew Jaejoong actually had a life. You can’t blame me, he’s too busy to even sleep, let alone date.

 

‘I was at the bookshop in town looking for a French dictionary when he suddenly walked up to me and handed me one saying, ‘I have one of these, and it’s pretty good.’ I was stunned of course.’

 

‘And then?’ I was getting excited and extremely curious, for some unknown reason.

 

‘And so I bought the dictionary and when I was about to leave, he asked me for my number.’

 

‘And then?’ I cut in.

 

‘I didn’t.’

 

‘Why not?’ I was shocked.

 

‘I was only 13 then, and he looked so much older than I was,’ Jaejoong pouted.

 

‘Then how did you guys end up with the date tonight?’

 

‘After I declined revealing my number, I met him again a few months later, and that was during a university open house.’

 

‘You were at a ing university open house when you were thirteen?’ Talk about being too prepared for the future…

 

‘It’s the university Ma and Pa work in, so they dragged me there on their way to work. I saw him helping out at the open house. I was trying my best to avoid him but he spotted me and I was forced to chat with him.’

 

‘You didn’t like him?’

 

‘Not when Ma and Pa can pop out of nowhere.’

 

‘Such ers,’ I rolled my eyes.

 

‘But I took a risk, and we actually had fun chatting. I eventually gave him my number since I felt very comfortable hanging out with him.’

 

‘He’s got to be what - at least 5 years older than you right?’

 

‘He’s 26 years old this year.’

 

‘HE IS ING 9 YEARS OLDER THAN YOU!’ I practically screamed.

 

‘Hey, your mental calculation is pretty good,’ Jaejoong looked impressed.

 

‘Thanks, I’m pretty impressed by myself too, actually,’ I laughed.

 

‘Yoochunnie, that was really pretty,’ Jaejoong smiled.

 

‘What was pretty?’

 

‘The way you laughed.’

 

I don’t know what got into me but I threw myself at Jaejoong and hugged him tightly.

 

‘I mi-missed ta-talking to y-y-you like th-this,’ I started to wail like a banshee, tears flowing down uncontrollably.

 

‘Yoochunnie, you’re back, you’re finally back,’ Jaejoong patted my back, ‘I missed you too.’

 

I let go of Jaejoong and wiped my tears with my tee-shirt sleeves.

 

‘So, when did you guys started going steady?’ I immediately recovered.

 

‘I had my first date a week after the open house, but I’m not sure when we actually confirmed the status of our relationship…’ Jaejoong bit his fingernail, trying to recall specific dates.

 

‘So you’ve been dating for like – 4 years now?’

 

‘Around there, 3 and a half years.’

 

‘And you kept it a secret until now!’ I was disappointed.

 

‘Sorry, Yoochunnie, I didn’t want to rub it in since you weren’t in a relationship. Besides, I was sure you would hate me even more if you knew I was gay.’

 

‘I never hated you,’ I confessed.

 

‘Thank you, I’m so glad,’ Jaejoong hugged me tightly.

 

I hugged back, ‘You’re welcome.’

 

And I felt a huge burden being released from within me.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The doorbell rang.

 

‘It’s your lover isn’t it?’ Yoochunnie nudged me.

 

‘Most probably. Come on down, I want to introduce you guys to each other!’ I smiled and we both got up and practically raced each other down the stairs.

 

Yoochunnie got to the door first and opened it.

 

‘Hello, is Jaejoong there?’ Yunho asked.

 

‘Jaejoong, you’ve got to be kidding, this is your boyfriend?’ Yoochun gave me a look of utter surprise.

 

I walked to the door and pulled Yunho in.

 

‘Yunho, meet my dear brother Yoochun. And Yoochunnie, meet Yunho, my boyfriend.’

 

They shook hands and Yoochunnie stared at the lanky Yunho, who was dressed smartly in his usual impeccable black pinstripe business suit.

 

‘You’re so lucky, Jaejoong. You’re really handsome, sir,’ I laughed when Yoochun referred to him as ‘sir’.

 

‘Please call me Yunho. You’re making me feel like I’m back at the office,’ and Yoochunnie nodded.

 

‘Err… I’ll leave you two lovebirds to yourselves. Happy Valentine’s Day, you two!’ with that, Yoochunnie rushed up the stairs and slammed shut the door.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘So what did you guys do last night?’ Yoochunnie asked.

 

‘I cooked a simple dinner for us both and we simply chatted at the table.’

 

‘That’s all?’ Yoochun gasped.

 

‘Kissed.’

 

‘And then?’

 

‘Made out,’ I blushed.

 

‘And then?’ Yoochunnie’s eyes were huge.

 

‘We stopped in time.’

 

‘,’ Yoochunnie rolled his eyes, ‘Got me excited for nothing.’

 

‘I’m still a minor.’

 

‘So what!? It’s not like you’re gonna get pregnant or anything,’ Yoochunnie cried.

 

‘But still, I don’t feel right doing that thing now.’

 

‘It’s already damn ing wrong that you’re dating a guy so much older than you,’ Yoochunnie pointed out.

 

‘Let’s not talk about this anymore. We’re on the bus, in our school uniforms and we’re not even whispering.’

 

‘Opps.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~