Chapter Thirteen

The Brotherhood

 

Yoochun decided that if he ever develops feelings for someone, it should be someone like Jaejoong.

 

Not that he harboured any uous feelings towards his elder brother, it’s just that that person should have similar qualities that Jaejoong possessed.

 

He was sure no one could replace Jaejoong when it came to protectiveness, unless they were ninjas, but then again, it would only fulfil the sneaky aspects…

 

He definitely needed a lover who could cook, because Yoochun was disastrous in the kitchen, so much so that Jaejoong permanently banned him from the kitchen, unless he was getting something that doesn’t need to be prepared, such as getting a cup of water, drinks from the fridge or harmless pouring of cornflakes into a bowl for breakfast.

 

He had successfully blown up a toaster one day while toasting 2 slices of bread despite it being a brand new kitchen appliance.

 

He also at housework, so that meant his lover had to have the skills of a housekeeper as well, unless they were going to hire one.

 

He would cringe whenever he watched Jaejoong wash the windows in the living room, recalling that he first time he did so, he almost fell off the ledge and died, but thankfully Jaejoong was present to supervise and immediately pulled Yoochun backwards. The two brothers took an entire month to get over the ‘near-death’ incident.

 

Yoochun also had another handful of horrible accidents while doing housework, and so, Yoochun was banned from that as well.

 

Yoochun felt like a freeloader in the pent house because he didn't buy the house (Yunho did) and he didn’t do anything to help in the maintenance of the place. It was almost like a hotel to him, go in there, sleep, eat, make a mess then leave.

 

That aside, his lover also had to be selfless, someone who would protect and care for him. But that would mean there wouldn’t be any personal space right? A lover breathing down his neck and everything. That would be just creepy.

 

He felt like a loser thinking of all these qualities. Who would want a person like him who was so weak? Plus, he didn’t have a proper job…

 

He was definitely someone no one wanted to bring home to meet the parents.

 

He imagined this, ‘Hey, mom, dad, this is my boyfriend Yoochun. He’s a freelance artist but he hasn’t scored a major project yet and he hasn’t had a paycheck for the past 1 and a half years. He is hopeless in the house and can only laze around and draw nonsense on canvases.’

 

Yoochun could almost barf.

 

He was pathetic.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yoochun hated staying in the pent house alone. Don’t get him wrong though, he wasn’t chicken hearted.

 

His surroundings only made him all the more helpless. He was hungry but he couldn’t risk his life in the kitchen and yet, he couldn’t decide what to eat even though he was staring at the whole list of food delivery numbers Jaejoong had compiled for such an event like now.

 

Cursing in his head, Yoochun decided to head out to get some fresh air and grab something to fill his growling tummy with.

 

He changed into a basic white tee paired with indigo dyed jeans and threw on a patterned cardigan. He put on his brown loafers, stuffed his phone and wallet into his pant’s back pockets and got out of the building.

 

It was great to be out of that apartment, Yoochun smiled at that thought.

 

Wanting to eat something as soon as possible, he entered a shop specialising in Dukbokki.

 

He emerged from the shop 20 minutes later, filled up and ready for a day of adventure.

 

Checking his phone, it was only 2.05pm. He could walk all over the city until 6 and head home for his elder brother’s usual lovely home cooked dinner.

 

His legs carried him to a playground where a class of kindergarten children were playing with the supervision of a teacher sitting at the bench.

 

Yoochun sighed peacefully as he watched the kids played without the care of the world.

 

He wished he could revert back time to be the same age as those kids. He wanted to experience what it was like not to be bothered by adulthood. He wanted to care only about having fun and playing around, smiling and laughing all day.

 

Yoochun’s thoughts were disrupted when something hard hit the left side of his head, causing him to groan in pain and rub his sore temple.

 

‘Sorry, uncle,’ two little kids came running towards him.

 

‘Uncle!?’ Yoochun spat, ‘What the !’

 

Yoochun quickly covered his mouth.

 

Crap, he had just contaminated the minds of two innocent children.

 

‘Auntie?’ the kids tried again.

 

‘You’re getting more and more ridiculous!’ Yoochun lost his temper.

 

‘Then what are you?’

 

‘I’m Yoochun, and I’m not that old to be preferred to as an uncle,’ Yoochun rolled his eyes.

 

‘Sorry,’ the two of them bowed in apology.

 

‘Run along,’ Yoochun waved them off.

 

The two seemed to not have understood that he had dismissed them so they just stood there looking up at Yoochun.

 

‘What!? I said go, go on and play your damned ball game.’

 

‘But our ball’s so far away…’

 

‘You’re the ones who threw it so hard and far away!’ Yoochun cried.

 

‘Can you help us?’

 

‘No?’

 

‘Please?’

 

‘Get your teacher to help you!’

 

‘She’s pushing the others on the swing. Could you please?’

 

‘! Fine!’ Yoochun got up and walked down the steep slope.

 

When he was just a few metres away from the ball, an elementary school kid picked up the ball.

 

‘Hey, that’s mine! Throw it here!’ Yoochun called out.

 

‘You’re an old man, why are you playing with this at your age?’

 

What’s up with kids nowadays? Does he really look that old?

 

‘I’m only 24 years young, you young punk!’ Yoochun was really fuming mad.

 

‘Finder’s keepers!’ the kid stuck out his tongue at Yoochun.

 

‘How dare you, you juvenile!’ Yoochun ran towards the kid to grab the ball back from him but he skilfully dodged the oncoming Yoochun and ran off.

 

‘Stop right there!’ Yoochun gave chase.

 

Yoochun managed to catch up and pounced on top of the boy. He forcefully grabbed the ball out of the kid’s hands and laughed evilly.

 

‘Never mess with an adult, you punk!’ Yoochun sneered and walked off.

 

A rock hit the back of Yoochun’s head.

 

‘What now?’ Yoochun turned around, only to be hit again squarely in the nose.

 

Yoochun felt liquid drip down from his nose and he wiped it with the back of his left hand. It was bleeding alright.

 

‘Hey! I demand compensation!’ Yoochun roared.

 

The kid ran off.

 

Yoochun decided to be magnanimous and head back to the two awaiting kindergartens.

 

He never knew helping to retrieve a stupid ball could be so hard.

 

‘Here you go,’ Yoochun handed the ball to the kids.

 

‘Thank you, kind adult.’

 

‘Much better,’ Yoochun forced a weak smile.

 

‘Red stuff is coming out from your nose, kind adult,’ the little girl winced.

 

‘Yeah, because a bigger kid tried to steal your ball and I had to fight to get it back.’

 

‘We’re sorry.’

 

‘Be careful next time when you play ball games,’ Yoochun advised.

 

They both nodded.

 

‘Here you go,’ the girl pulled out a handkerchief.

 

‘For what?’

 

‘To wipe your red nose.’

 

‘Oh, thanks.’

 

‘You can keep it as a present. Thanks again, kind adult!’ with that, the duo ran off.

 

Yoochun wiped his nose and decided to call off hanging out in the city to head home.

 

Yoochun decided that if he ever got married, he didn’t want children.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yoochun decided that if he was going to be reborn, he would be Jaejoong.

 

Kind-hearted, selfless, with killer looks bordering on the lines of pretty and handsome and definitely born with high IQ and EQ. A son that any parent would be proud of, a lover whom anyone would want, a person who was respected and capable of changing others’ lives.

 

But as he watched Jaejoong tuck him into bed that night despite them being in their mid-twenties and getting his usual kiss on the forehead from his elder sibling, he decided that he still wanted to be pathetic old Yoochun.

 

He wanted to be Jaejoong’s Yoochunnie again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~