Prologue

Teenage Drama Love

From the very beginning, Donghae and Yoona have been soulmates. Everyday, they would be seen together playing, hanging out and not caring about anything but themselves. Back then, their lives were carefree. They didn't have to worry about anything. All they would do is play, play play. Nothing really stopped them. Their parents were good friends. They were neighbors actually. It was an advantage and a really good oppurtunity for them to meet and see eachother everyday. But did they ever think that this childhood happiness can last forever? Think again.

 

8 year old Donghae and Yoona were hanging out one day. They were both playing in the swing Yoona's father had built for them in their backyard. Little did they know that something... Something horrible would change their lives drastically forever which will cause them to be cruelly torn apart...

 

So, there they were, just playing and having fun until Yoona saw her mother crawling out the door. "Yoona, call the hospital. I'm giving birth already. I need help NOW." Yoona panicked and went to dial the hospital's phone number. A few minutes later, an ambulance comes racing down their street. The paramedics brought her mother down to the ambulance. Yoona and Donghae were adviced to stay at home until Yoona's father came. They stayed there for hours and finally, Yoona's father came home crying and depressed.

 

"Oppa, how is my omma? Is she alright? When can I see my new baby brother?"

He just stood there crying. Yoona and Donghae sat down beside him, waiting for him to settle down and tell them the news.

"Yoona... It's your mother. I'm afraid your baby brother and her won't be coming home at all..."

This gave Jessica and Donghae a confused look. What did he mean by that?

"Oppa, what do you mean?"

He stood up, "YOONA, DON'T YOU GET IT? YOUR MOTHER DIED OF MISCARRIAGE OKAY? WILL YOU GO TO YOUR ROOM? STAY THERE!"

Yoona couldn't believe what she was hearing. She didn't know whether she should cry because of her dead mother and brother or the fact that her father is yelling at her for the very first time. Donghae comforted her as soon as they reached her room. "Omma, please come back. I'll miss you..."

 

Her father was extremely depressed and devastated by the death of his wife and his son, Yoona's father decided to leave Korea that reminded too much of his wife. He decided to move to Hongkong and stay there. In order to regain some sanity because of the loss. 

 

THE DAY OF THE MOVE

"Annyeonghaseyo! Can Yoona come out to play?"

"Annyeong Donghae. I'm so sorry but you won't ever see us again. Yoona and I are moving to Hongkong and stay there for good. Now please leave, we're busy."

Yoona's father left Donghae out the door and went inside to check if everything is in order. "Okay, my things are complete. Also Yoonas.. Now where is that little girl...?"

"Oppa!"

"AHH. Ayy, Yoona. You startled me. Now are you ready? The moving truck will be here soon and we'll be leaving."

"Oppa, can't we stay? Please? Because I really don't want to leave. I don't want to leave my friends especially Donghae."

"Yoona, I'm sorry. We really need to leave."

*beep beep*

"Oh, it's here now. Let's go. Make sure you didn't leave anything or else you'll regret it." 

 

Yoona and her father rode in the front seat. Jessica was staring out the window, crying and sobbing so much.

"Yoona, I know what you feel. Please stop crying and get this over with. We're leaving and that's final."

The truck started moving. Donghae saw them and ran, hoping to catch up. The truck was too fast, leaving Donghae behind.

"Yoona, WAIT!!!!" Donghae started crying too. "But we didn't get to say goodbye..."