Getting Closer

Kalopsia

Thursday

I couldn’t face Yeosang. He looks so disappointed but he does look more worried about my health. He is just so kind, and I feel bad for disappointing him.

Sana can't stop panicking either, it looks like she is more panicked than me, because in her imagination in the letter Yeosang confessed his feeling for me, and worried it makes San colder. Day by day, Sana's imagination just gets wilder.

              "What if Yeosang confessed his feelings to you and San choose to step back? But maybeee if San saw the letter he realized his feelings to you?"

              "Sana stop, the teacher is looking at us" I said as I erase my answer because I got disturbed by Sana's wild imagination.

              "I'm really curious with what Yeosang wrote oh my God I might as well ask him directly, what do you think?"

              "WHAT SANA NO" I accidentally yelled, and we both being asked to finish our assignment outside the classroom.

              We went to the library and walks across the outdoor field, that's San's class, but I can't find him anywhere.

              "Maybe he's broken-hearted" Said Sana, noticing that I'm searching for San.

              "Stop making me want to yell at you" I said as I jokingly punch her stomach.

We both giggled and continue our way to the library.

 

***

Friday again, and San will be having his private lesson today.

I have to admit I got curious with what Yeosang wrote.

As I walk to the bus stop, I feel someone tap my shoulder.

            “Hi”

It’s Choi San.

            “Hi, what are you doing?” I asked trying to hide my surprise.

            “Me? I’m about to go to your place” He said confused.

            “Ah yeah right,haha” I said awkwardly. This is new. San was tapping my shoulder.

            "You didn’t come to school on Wednesday?” He asked while we wait for the bus

I look at him in disbelief.

            “How did you know?”

I saw your friend, and you’re not with her.

            “Oh yeah, I skipped school” A little bit disappointed because I thought he may be looking for me.

            “Your dad knows?”

            “He let me, yeah”

            “Wow, cool”

I laugh. As the bus arrived, we both enter the bus together. We even talk on the bus.

He asked me some random questions like why I like strawberry yogurt so much, and why my brother gave a private lesson even if he runs a restaurant. And I can not lie. I’m so happy, that’s like the best bus ride I’ve ever experienced.

            “Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I borrowed your book the other day”

            “Oh yeah my brother told me”

            “Yeah, and you received a letter” He said and pull my book from his bag.”

My stomach feel funny.

            “Oh” I said and receive my book.

            “I didn’t read it, don’t worry. I want to give it to you, but on Wednesday I was looking for you but turns out you’re skipping classes, and I didn't come to school yesterday because I have something to take care of” He said try to give an explanation.

            “Yeah no worries, thanks for letting me know” I said and put the book inside my bag.

He did. He did looking for me. Even it's just for returning my math book, I'm happy that for once, he's looking for me.

As we arrived at my place. I walk to my room and open Yeosang’s letter.

Turns out he wants me to come to his dance practice. I didn’t know he likes to dance?

I walk to the kitchen and grab a cold water.

            “Hani, I’m giving Choi San your phone number because my phone is broken okay”

            “what?”

            “ookay” My brother answer himself.

            “What happened to your phone?” I asked

            “I dropped it.”

            “And it’s broken?”

            “In the water.” He added "I rested it in the rice though, hope it will do the magic" He said again.

            "How come your phone got in the water?" I said and drink my cold water.

            “I forgot that I have my phone in my clothes pocket so when I’m about to clean a shrimp it fell off.”

            “not surprised” I said and sit on the sofa behind them.

***

It’s nice to feel comfortable around Choi San. I used to be so nervous whenever he’s at my place. I was afraid to do something stupid. Maybe the 12 PM accident gave me trauma. But since we spoke about random things, I realized that he’s not that cold, not that scary you know. And in plus he’s the one who greets me this afternoon, maybe now he realized my existence.

            “What do you want to eat tonight?” My brother asked.

            “I want your marinated crab.” I said, munching at my snack.

            “Ugh, I just have it yesterday.”

            “But I didn’t”

            “How about fried chicken?”

            “Yeah that could do.”

            “You guys never cook at home?” Asked San in the middle of his math test.

            “In weekend we cook.” I said

            “But you order Jajangmyeon whenever I’m here at Saturday.”

            “Yeah, but at night we cook.” My brother added

            “But last time you didn’t.”

            “That’s because I gave you a lesson. How could I cook while my student struggling to fill his 2nd grade math question?” Said my brother

            “You’re the one who cook?” Asked Choi San again.

            “Of course I am. You forget the taste of Jjang's dish?”

            “I think Hani cooks”

I gasped. That is the first time he ever said my name. He only calls me Hi or Hey even until this afternoon.

            “I do help a little” I said defending myself.

            “Yeah she helps in tasting area” Said my brother

San giggled.

I look at him, feels so happy. I never thought that he would casually talk about things like that. He even calls my name! I think we sure are getting closer.