Kang Yeosang

Kalopsia

I went to school and found my best friend Sana, looking at me with sparkling eyes.

I know that expression, she really wanted to hear the whole story about the Saturday incident.

            “YOUR BROTHER DID THAT?” Sana yelled as she heard my story.

            “Park Sana, so noisy” Yelled Jihyo the class leader.

            “Oh God your brother is a..”

            “as-s” I finished her sentences before she could.

            “.. champion. I would give all of my money to be there at that time.”

I sighed as I closed my notebook.

            “but why did you just tell me? You could call me right after that! But you wait 2 days?”

            “I just don’t want to remember that you know. And I just finally realized that it’s Monday and I’m going to see him at school.”

            “And tomorrow you’ll see him at your house” teased Sana

            “Oh shut up”

Sana giggled and I stand up, ready to go to the cafetaria.

            “Ya, Yeosang's here”

I turn my head and found Kang Yeosang. Walking towards me.

            “Hi Sana” He waves to Sana

            “Hiii Yeosang. Perfect moment, I’m about to go to the cafetaria. Please take care of Hani while I'm away, See you guys later!”

            "WHAT?! SANA WAIT FOR ME!" I yelled looking at Sana running out from the classroom so fast.

            "HANI MOON, REALLY?" Jihyo yelled back at me.

            Yeosang giggled and then smiled at me. Looking at Yeosang's smile, I can’t help to smile back at him. We used to be in the same class back in the first grade and I often lend him my school notes, even until now. And Sana has this crazy theory that Yeosang likes me.

            “Hi Hani, here’s your notebook that I borrowed last time”

            I accept my notebook and notice that Yeosang holds a chocolate bar in his hand.

            “And this is a thank you gesture because you let me borrow it.”

            “What, that’s not necessary. It’s not like the first time I let you borrow my notes.”

            “That is the point. I often asked you to lend me your notes. And this is a small thank you.” He put the chocolate bar on my desk.

            “Well, see you later, enjoy the chocolate” As he leaves, I stare at the chocolate and forgot to say thank you.

 

***

            “He likes you.”

            “Sana that’s like the hundredth time you said that.” I said as I put my jacket in my bag. School's over, me and Sana decided to eat at the new cafe near school.

            “And I’m going to say again until you finally realize.” Sana insisted.

            “What no. He’s kind to all people. He used to give our class leader a gift too just because he thinks that he did a good job.”

            “He did?”

            “Yeah, because he’s that kind.”

            “Weird guy, but still, I think he kinda likes you. I mean you’re in a different class yet he still goes up to you and asks for a…”

            “Choi San”

            "wHAT??!! ASK FOR CHAI SAN, OMG IS HE GAY?

            "Ssshhhht Oh my God Sana why the hell are you yelling!" I said trying to cover Sana's mouth

            "did he know that San is having a private tutor with your brother and ask you about it??????"

            "what? no! what the hell are you talking about?" I said as I tryto be as calm as possible, afraid if San will forever judge me as a weirdo.

            "Yeosang, I'm asking about Yeosang"

            "Noo, I don't know what his orientation is, but you have to keep quiet because Choi San is there, he saw me!"

            “oh my God, you're right! So what do we do, should we turn back or should we wait for him to..."

            "STEP ON ME"

            "The hell Hani, you want him to step on you???"

            “No oh my God Sana, you step on me it hurts, could you be excited without having to hurt other people's foot" I said as I massage my foot, feeling hurt after Sana excitedly step on it.

           "oopss sorryyy, it's your fault, you don't let me finish my sentence, full of ambiguity you know, this conversation". Sana said “Ya, you should greet him first.” She added.

            “Are you insane?” I asked.

            “Well, not yet”

            “If I were you. I would choose Yeosang. At least he would greet you if you meet him somewhere.” Said Sana.

            “Choose who? I’m not in the position to choose anyone Sana.”

            “Yeh, but San is so cold you know. Sometimes it freaks me out.”

            “Yeah, it freaks me out too."