Math Book

Kalopsia

“Hani, this is your book”

Yeosang came to me as he handed me my math book that I lend him over yesterday.

            “Thank you. You found your book?” I asked.

            “Yeah, it’s in my brother’s room. I forgot why I bring that there, anyway thank you.” He said to me.

            I nodded and smile.

            “Hey, I just kind of wonder, do you have plan tomorrow” Asked him.

            “tomorrow, like tomorrow?”

            “Yeah tomorrow.” Said Yeosang while smiling

            “I think no, why?”

            “I want to ask you…” before he finished the bell rang.

            “Gotta go, I wrote it in a letter inside the book though, let me know after you read it” Said Yeosang.

            I saw his back disappear and see Sana’s smiling from ear to ear.

            “open it!!!!”

I just put my book inside my bag and try to shush Sana.

 ***

Tuesday again. Means Choi San again.

I saw him at the bus stop, and he look at me. I’m so tired of him not greeted me first. And if he didn’t do that. Maybe I should.

I boldly walk to the bus stop and I greet him as soon as I stand beside him.

            “Oh hi” He answered me

I smile awkwardly because behind my bold moves I actually screaming inside.

The bus comes and we both take the bus. He stand behind, while I got a seat beside a mother and her toddler in the front. After the bus ride, the hardest task is coming, which is walking together from the bus stop to my apartment. I can't just walk behind him because it's definitely would be weird sinceI just greeted him before we take the bus.

            “Why do you take an additional lesson?” I try to start a conversation.

            “Because I need to pass the exam.”

            “What do you aim for? You want to be a doctor?” I asked again, hoping to not appear as nosy as I actually am.

            “No, I actually still not sure.”

            “So, you just study hard so when you finally decide what path you’ll choose you’ll not regret it because you didn’t study?"

He didn’t answer and keep walking. I know I said something wrong.

            “Sorry, I talk too much.” I said quietly.

            “No, it’s actually quite true. I’m just surprised you have that idea”

I nodded in silence.

            “I need to go to Abba first, you can take the elevator, my brother’s home.” I said as I pull Abba's door.

            “I want to buy something too.” He said and followed me.

We both go to Abba and walk down the beverages aisle. I grab my yogurt and a couple of snickers.

            “That again?” He asked looking at my yogurt while he grab a root beer.

            “My daily routine.” I smile.

We both arrived at my apartment and my brother's there, watching TV.

I change my clothes while listening to the radio. I walk to my bed and open my current ongoing novel. Not too long. My brother disturb my perfect me time.

            “Where’s your math book?” He asked

            “What for?” I asked

            “Need to check some formula. Where is it?”

            “In my bag”

He then grab my book and left my room. I slowly fell asleep.

I woke up at midnight and realize that Yeosang's letter is still inside my math book, and that book was borrowed by my brother. Panicked because my brother would definitely tease me with whatever inside that letter, I walked out of my room hurriedly and find my brother and dad watching a football match.

            “here comes Aurora” Said Junsu oppa.

            “Where is my book?”

            “Choi San has it.”

            “WHAT?!”

            “oh my God, calm down Hani, what happened?” My Dad said in a shocked tone.

            “Why does he has it?”

            “Because he borrowed it” Answer my brother

            “WHY DON’T YOU ASK ME FIRST?” I said practically yelling.

            “You were asleep, remember? He needs that, he forget a lot of his 2nd grade math lesson.”

            “OH MY GOD.”

            “It’s not that you couldn’t have it back right? You guys will meet up tomorrow at school.” Said my brother calmly

            “Why? You have your name there, you’re doodling it with love emoji and stuffs?” Asked my dad still looking at the television.

            “DAD!” I said and walk back to my room.

It’s over. My life is practically over

***

It’s Wednesday and it’s raining so hard. I wrap myself in my blanket, refuse to go outside.

            “You go to school or not?” My dad asked me.

I didn’t answer. After finding out that San has my notebook with Yeosang's note inside, and in plus, waking up in the middle of the night really makes you feel dizzy.

            “You don’t. Okay, I’m going to work.” He said as he closed my bedroom door.

That’s the best part of living with dad and Junsu Oppa. They let me skip school.

I woke up at 10:00 AM, and it’s still raining. My brother went to the restaurant and I go to the kitchen, made myself a cup of tea. I open my phone and Yeosang sent me a message this morning.

            “So, you coming today?”

I don’t even read his letter. What should I say? Also, I skip school today.

I replied to him with a sad emoji and say that I don’t feel quite good today so I stay at home and that’s make me couldn’t go to whatever he asked me to. I do feel kind of bad, but what to do?