Confession

Our Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dara's POV

 

 

After meeting with the team, everyone congratulated me again for winning over the landowner. We will start to execute the plan next week and Hae will fly to Jeju every two weeks to check the progress. The construction will take at least a year. We are not rush things when it comes to building a branch as Abbyss is known for having safe and strong retail stores. Earthquakes happen from time to time but our stores never got a big damage unlike other buildings.

 

"By the way, we will have team dinner tonight." As soon as I said that, they shout in excitement. I just chuckled then left the meeting room and I felt Hae followed me until inside my office room. "What is it?"

 

He grinned. "You looked different today."

 

I acted nonchalantly. He will start to tease me once I give him a reaction. "You are just imagining it."

 

He crossed his arms and looked at me with curiosity. "No, I could really feel it. There's something different on you but I can't tell yet."

 

I rolled my eyes. "Go away. I have lot of things to do. You are wasting my time."

 

He just laugh. After I saw him disappear, I hurriedly go to the powder room and check myself in the mirror. I did not get enough sleep so I put some concealer under my eyes. When that kiss replayed in my head, I automatically felt myself blush. Damn. I should not think about it if Hae is around. He will definitely notice it. Then I received a message in my phone and I found myself smiling to see Jiyong's name. Don't forget to eat lunch. I immediately replied. You too. When I looked myself at the mirror, I found myself thinking what happened after the kiss flashbacks in my head.

 

As I stared at his face, I felt like wanting to kiss him more. Damn. Am I that deprived of affection?

 

"I will leave now so you can take rest, you still need to go to work early." I just nodded but none of us are moving. We are still hugging each other. He chuckled then kissed my forehead and was about to get up but I hold his shirt.

 

I cleared my throat. "It's already late, you can just sleep here in the couch." I could feel my blushing face while saying those words.

 

He looked at me for a moment then smiled. How can a man smile beautifully like that? Oh boy. What is going on with me? He is making me say, think and do things that I never thought I would do. "Alright, sure."

 

Then I found myself running towards my room. As I closed the door, I held my chest as it's pounding so hard. I only got few hours of sleep and when I went out from the room, he is still sleeping. I smiled as I looked at his sleeping face. Woo already sleep here before but I don't feel the same way that I'm feeling right now with Jiyong. Woo is right after all, what we have is just very platonic. I carefully move around so I would not wake Jiyong up and before I leave, I found myself writing down my apartment's passcode.

 

Then I blinked my eyes and gently tapped my cheeks. Get your grip, Dara. You are not a teenage girl. Then the rest of the day become busy as usual. As the day ended, we went to the nearest barbeque restaurant. "You can order whatever you want." I just chuckled to see their shout in excitement again. Everyone seems to love meat. As they the enjoy different cuts of meat, I just eat lightly only. I'm not really a heavy eater as I can easily get full.

 

"Dara..." I looked at Bora. "Do you want to eat something else?"

 

I shake my head. "Don't mind me. Just enjoy your food."

 

She just smiled as she nodded. While listening to their conversation, I felt my phone vibrated. It's from Jiyong but I suppressed a smile as I could feel Hae is observing me. I found this stray cat beside our office, do you want to adopt her? I checked the photo he sent, the cat looks cute.

 

Why can't you?

 

I'm not going to my apartment that much.

 

Fine. That one only.

 

Sure. But with a big smile emoticon so I doubt there won't be next time.

 

When I put my phone back to my pocket, I looked at Hae who is smiling widely at me. I just gave him a frown. I'm not ready yet for his interrogation so keeping my blossoming relationship with Jiyong as a secret is the right thing to do for now. After the dinner, I went home and I knew he's inside as the lights are on. My heart automatically beat fast upon seeing him.

 

He smiled as he approached me. "How's the team dinner?" I somehow expected that he will kiss me but he didn't, that disappointed me and he noticed it as he frowned. "Did something happen?"

 

I shake my head. "Everyone had a nice dinner and---" I stopped as the cat he adopted is walking towards us then I found myself leaning towards it and the fur as I squatted down. "You looked so cute. Why someone abandoned you?"

 

Jiyong squat down as well. "Darong, meet your Mom, Dara."

 

"Darong?"

 

He flashed his gummy smile. "Dara and Jiyong."

 

That made my chest pound hard but I scoffed to not look so giddy. "So childish."

 

He laugh. "But you like it." Then he helped me to get up.

 

I snorted then I gave him the takeaway food that I almost forgot that I'm carrying it. "Here's your dinner."

 

"Thank you." Then I got startled as he gave me a quick kiss. "You are not going to join me?"

 

I cleared my throat. "I'm already full. I'll just clean up." I did not wait for his response and just go straight to my room. After cleaning up, I looked at myself at the mirror then I remembered what Hae said. How do I look different? I can't seem to tell it as wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter