Special Person

Our Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dara's POV

 

 

What have I done? Why I did that? What's gotten into me that time? Have I gone crazy? I can't remember how many times I asked myself these questions since yesterday.

 

Then I inhale deeply and forced myself to focus on the computer. After a while, Donghae entered my office room. "Good morning, where did you go yesterday?"

 

"Just somewhere." I did not mention to him that I went to Jiyong's shop. I just passed by to his room yesterday and told him that I'll go out, it was a very quick stopover to his room that doesn't give him the time to ask me further.

 

"Did something happen?"

 

"I just wanted to get some fresh air. You know that our new plan is giving me a headache." The landowner where we are planning to put up another retail store is being adamant in selling his land.

 

He chuckled. "Then you should visit him. I can't persuade him so you could give it a try."

 

I frowned. "You cannot even convince him, so how I can do that?"

 

"Use your charm this time."

 

I scoffed. "Get out."

 

He laughs. "When was the last time you travelled? Jeju Island is a nice place, you can get to relax, get fresh air and at the same time, persuade Mr Song." He went there last week but the old man seems really determined not to sell the land.

 

I stopped for a moment. "I'll think about it."

 

I thought he will leave already but he just stayed. "What really happened yesterday?"

 

"Nothing."

 

"I'll just ask Jiyong then." That made me automatically looked at him. He grinned. "So, you were with him."

 

"I'm not."

 

"Lying is not your expertise, Dara."

 

I groan. "Can you just leave me alone please? I can't concentrate in what I'm doing."

 

"You had a date with him yesterday." Damn. He still not going to leave me alone.

 

"It's not a date. I just visited his shop to asked something."

 

"A question that made you did not return to work?"

 

I groan again. "You are being so nosy; do you know that?"

 

"Yes, because it's the first time that you skipped working. I can't help but to be proud of you."

 

"There's nothing to be proud about it."

 

"It's not your normal thing. So, what really happened yesterday?"

 

"Nothing too important."

 

"Should I ask him instead?"

 

"Don't you dare."

 

He grinned. "You really changed after meeting him."

 

I frowned. "You seem happy about it."

 

"Of course."

 

I snorted. "Start working now." Then I turned my attention back to my computer.

 

"He must be really special." My chest pound hard. "Don't let that guy slip away."

 

I chose not to comment on those remarks. After he left, I inhale deeply then looked at Jiyong's message last night. You must take the responsibility. What does that mean? But I can't even bring myself to ask him as I'm not honestly ready to hear the answer.

 

Two days after.

 

I keep on walking around as I will see Jiyong soon. It's time for our weekend session and since that day I kissed him, I haven't message him, but he messaged me last night to pack a suitcase. I wonder where he is taking me this time. When the doorbell rings, my chest pound hard. I inhale deeply before I press the button to open the door. Then my chest pound harder when I finally see him. He looked good in his casual outfit. I stopped for a moment. When did I ever appreciate a man's physical appearance?

 

"Good morning, it seems you are ready already." He said as he gets my suitcase. "Let's go."

 

I did not say anything but just followed him. As we exited my house, I got startled to see a young man on the driver's seat. "Is he joining us?"

 

"Nope, he is just going to drop us off at the airport."

 

That flew my attention to him. "Where are we going?"

 

He flushed his gummy smile. "Jeju Island." That stunned me then he opens the door. "Hurry up, we still have a flight to catch." I just inhale deeply then get inside of the car while he placed my suitcase at the compartment.

 

"Hello Noona, I'm Jinwoo. Nice to finally meet you. I'm one of his staffs."

 

I nodded. "He made you a driver today."

 

He grinned. "I don't mind it. Anything for Hyung."

 

Then Jiyong gets in. "Be careful in driving."

 

"Yes, Hyung!" Later on, we reached the domestic airport terminal. "Enjoy Jeju Island!"

 

"Let's go." Jiyong said while he is holding our suitcases.

 

"Is going to Jeju Island part of our weekend session?"

 

"No, Donghae said that I need to bring you there because you need to meet someone. He did not give me a chance to ask further as he already send our tickets, hotel and car hire booking."

 

"That bastard."

 

He chuckled. "Who are you going to meet?"

 

"We are trying to put up our second store in Jeju Island, but the owner doesn't want to sell his land to us."

 

"Is it a different owner?" I shake my head. "So, you'll try to convince him?"

 

I sigh. "This is Donghae's expertise, he was able to convince him before but this time, that old man turned him down, so I don't know how the hell I'm going to convince him."

 

"You haven't tried it yet but it seems you gave up already."

 

"I don't need a lecture right now."

 

He laughs. "What you need is confidence and trust to yourself."

 

I snorted. "What I need is beer and fried chicken."

 

He grinned. "That's much nicer."

 

When we reached Jeju Island, the hotel's driver is holding a placard with my name on it. Donghae is efficient as usual. However, the room he booked is a two-bedroom suite, I thought that it will be a total separate room type. He did this on purpose, but I know that getting mad at him is pointless.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter