Detour

Our Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dara's POV

 

 

He finally found me. What in the world does that mean? Obviously, I couldn’t hide my 'shock' as he smiled in amusement. "I apologized for my randomness but I'm just really glad to see you here." Then he stopped for a moment and chuckled. "Sorry, my bad." He extended his hand. "My name is Jiyong Kwon."

 

I nodded then accepted his hand. I have no choice anyway. I'm in a public place. "It seems like that you already know me but still let me introduce myself, I'm Sandara Park of Abbyss Limited." Then we exchanged our calling cards, he owns a painting shop. But I can't remember that his company is in the list of attendees. "Do you do the paintings by yourself?"

 

"Yes, my shop is just a small company. I only have one regular staff and some part-timers which are college students."

 

"Your company is doing well anyway. That's the most important thing." Then I mentally frowned as he smiled in amusement again. Why this guy seems so amused to me? Damn. I need to think how to get rid of him.

 

"How did you know that my company is doing well?"

 

I shrugged my shoulders. "Just a guess." Judging his look, he is someone from an elite family and painting could be just a hobby that turned into a business. He is still having that amusement in his face and it is irritating the hell out of me but I kept having neutral face as much as possible and reminding myself that he is not Donghae that I can just tell whatever I want.

 

He was about to say something, but he got stopped as the organizers entered the venue hall together with the President. Then I frowned to see Minzy with him. Is she working for him? I just realized that I don't even know what's going on with the people around me. "What can you say about him?"

 

That question interrupted my flow of thoughts. "The President?" He just nodded. "I don't know him personally, so I have no right to say anything about him."

 

"How about him being the public servant?"

 

"I don't follow the political news so I have no answer to that, but it seems the country is doing good and he might be one of the reasons." Then I looked at him with curiosity. "How about you?"

 

He smiled happily. "I really like him."

 

"Are you one of his avid supporters?" Then I mentally groan as his amusement to me seems got bigger this time.

 

"No, but he is one of the best Presidents that we have."

 

I chose not to comment on that since I am totally clueless what's going on in the political world. What matters to me is only Abbyss Limited, nothing else. As the event starts, he stayed in the same table with me. He looks like he is really one of the President's supporters as he looked proud while the President is talking. When the President is done talking, the long night started. I excused myself to go to the bathroom and saw that Donghae sent me a message. Hope you are enjoying the night.

 

Thank you for checking on me. I am so enjoying the night.

 

He replied immediately with 3 laughing emoji then followed by another message. I am glad to know that.

 

Damn him. He is having fun at my expense.

 

When I returned to the table, the random guy is no longer there. I simply roam my eyes around then saw him in the table with the President. He is indeed an avid supporter and I'm impressed that he was able to sit on the same table with the president of this country.

 

Then I tried to stay sane during the night. I talked to different people, listen to whatever is this organizer team prepared until I have enough. I need to escape now. Then I exited as quickly as possible. "That's a record. I thought you will only last for an hour." Ahjussi said as soon as I entered the car.

 

"Because you said that you have something to watch so I stayed a bit longer."

 

He just laughs. Then I call Donghae. "I saw Minzy, is she working for the President?"

 

He chuckled. "Yes, she started to work for him as soon as he became the president. Mom knew his wife as they were both college professors."

 

"Is that so?"

 

"You actually met the wife before."

 

"I really have a poor memory. Can I resign now, and you take charge of the company?"

 

"Nope, bye."

 

Then I mentally cursed as he suddenly hangs up. "You still cannot make him say yes." Ahjussi said.

 

I sigh. "I'll just sell the company to someone else."

 

"Can you really do it?"

 

That question silenced me. This is the only memory of Dad that I have but for some reason, I wanted to escape from anything that will remind me of him. When we arrived in front of my apartment, I looked at Ahjussi. "Should I visit a psychologist?"

 

"It’s up to you, but don't force yourself. Think about it first."

 

"Good night, Ahjussi."

 

As I entered my apartment, I sat in the couch and stared a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter