Decision

Our Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dara's POV

 

Seeing him in his deathbed is very frustrating. I have been in this kind of situation before but still, I honestly don't know how to react at this very moment and when he smiled weakly, I felt a tug in my chest. He is going to leave soon. "I am glad that you are here, it means a lot to me." Since he got hospitalized two weeks ago, I never visited him as I can't take to see him sick, and I only came today after knowing that he will not last long anymore.

 

"Did I pay not enough this hospital?" He laughed but it made him cough, I mentally winced as he looked so deteriorating right now. "What's funny?"

 

He inhales so deep, obviously trying to catch his breath. "I am going to miss your sense of humour."

 

I rolled my eyes. He always said that I have it, but I don't understand how he can call it like that when I am just being serious. I don't even know how to make a joke. "I'll stop sponsoring this hospital. They can't even cure you."

 

"Not all diseases can be cured."

 

"That's bull. I paid them even more so they can find the cure for you, but they failed to deliver."

 

"Watch your words." I inhale deeply, slowing down the temper that is about to rise. "Things are happening for a reason."

 

"Stop that crap. You supposed not to be here."

 

His eyes soften. "You are very much aware that I already accepted that this day would come." I wanted to argue more but I know it's pointless. Then he placed his hand over mine and his hand is cold which is not really a good sign. "Don't be discouraged, someone will come and is going to stay with you until both of you are old enough."

 

"You should have just married me when I asked you, we probably have a kid right now."

 

"And I told you to marry the man you love."

 

"We love each other."

 

"We just have a platonic love; you know that and I don't want you to be a widow."

 

"There's nothing wrong with that."

 

"Yes, but I know you, you're not going to marry again."

 

"There's nothing wrong with that either."

 

"Yes, but that's not what I want for you." I scoffed. "You deserve someone better, someone that will stay." I just stared at him. "Someone that will make your eyes sparkle." When I frowned, he chuckled. "You will understand it one day, with the right person." Then I suddenly stand up as he grabbed his chest, like he is in deep pain. "I'm fine."

 

"You're obviously not! I'll call someone."

 

He gestured me to sit down. I sigh heavily as I followed him. I really hate to be in a situation like this. "I'm sorry for leaving you as well." My chest felt some punch as his eyes are starting to shut while trying to catch his breath heavily. "Always remember that there is nothing wrong with you, Dara. You are worth loving, you deserve everything. Just don't shut down yourself when the right person comes." He held his breath and after that, I felt his hand slowly felt lifeless then the machine's sound echoed the room. Few seconds passed; people rush into the room then tried to revive him while I feel immobilized.

 

After the lead doctor announced his time of death, I felt numb. Damn. Feels like dejavu. "We are very sorry, Ms Park."

 

I just looked at him for the last time beforeI leave the room. Then the following day, his funeral has been set. "Dara, Sister Amelia and Sister Luisa are now here." Bora, my secretary said.

 

I stand up to greet them. "Oh, my dear." Sister Luisa grabbed my hands, both are in the verge of crying. "Hang in there, okay? He is now in a much better place now."

 

I just nodded then I looked at Sister Amelia as she gently caresses my arm. "How are you?"

 

"I'm okay." Then they suddenly hugged me. It caught me off guard, but I just accepted their hugs then we talk for at least an hour.

 

"Once you are free, visit the orphanage, okay?"

 

I just nodded then I looked at Sister Amelia as she grabbed my hands. "You can call us anytime."

 

I smiled a bit then just nodded. After they left, Bora said that my relatives are here. I always feel suffocated being surrounded by people at the same time, so this day is really a struggle. Talking to different people is so exhausting. Damn him. He should live longer.

 

"Unnie, we are so sorry for your loss." My cousin Minzy said as she hugged me. I just smiled a bit then Aunty and Uncle gave me a quick hug too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter