Unfamiliarity

Our Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV

 

That was a good laugh. I supposed to get mad at him, but it seems it disappeared in a snap after seeing him looking like an idiot. "I can drink by myself." I tried to grab the plastic bags from him, but he has a quick reflex. "I'm really going to shout for help." He only shrugged his shoulders then gestured to open the gate. I just inhale deeply then found myself opening the gate. "If you came here because you wanted to apologize..." I said as soon as we entered my house. "I'm not going to accept it."

 

"Like what I've said earlier, I am here because you needed someone to drink with."

 

"No, I don't."

 

"That's what you just wanted to think."

 

"Mister, this is only the second time that we meet and yet, you're acting like we are already close enough." My patience is already almost finished.

 

"Third actually."

 

"What?"

 

"This is already the third time we meet so technically speaking, we are not strangers anymore to each other."

 

I frowned. "When was the first time?" Instead answering, he continued walking until we reached the kitchen area.

 

"Even I tell you, you won't remember it." He casually said as he placed the plastic bags on countertop.

 

"You are lying then."

 

He smirked as he gets two cans of beer and handed one to me. "Just because you don't remember it..." He opens his beer. "It doesn't mean it did not happen at all." He said after taking a sip. "You're not going to drink yet?"

 

I sigh as I sit down. "Leave now while I am still saying it nicely." He stared at me which made me feel somehow awkward. Oh wait. When did I ever feel awkward to someone? I am not being myself again. "What are you looking at?"

 

"Nothing." He inhales deeply. "Well, I'll go now if you insist." Then suddenly, the electricity went out. What a timing. He opens his phone's torch, so we are able to see each other. "You okay?"

 

"It just a blackout. Go now." He did not say anything. As I felt his presence slowly disappearing, I inhale deeply. Trying to calm my nerves. I expected that the generator will automatically turn on after the power went out, but it did not. Damn. So, I just stayed in the chair then mentally pray for the power to come back until I got startled as I felt a warm hand in my arm. Then I closed my eyes for a second as he put his phone's torch in my face. "Are you trying to blind me? And what are you still doing in my house?"

 

"You're sweating." He said instead.

 

"Of course, it's blackout."

 

"Let's go." He grasped my wrist.

 

"No. This is harassment, Mister." Then he put his phone's torch in my face again, so I closed my eyes and covered my face with my other hand. "Are you really trying to blind me!?"

 

"Your endurance is very admirable." My chest pound hard. "Let's go."

 

"I already said no."

 

"You are one hell of a stubborn woman." And before I knew it, he scooped me up. "Oh wow. I did not expect that you'll be this heavy."

 

"Put me down!" Since I am fidgeting so hard, he lost his balance and I expected that I am going have a bad landing on the floor but instead, I found myself on top of him. He really has a good body reflex and normally in the dramas, the power should come back as soon as the two leads fell in this same position but unfortunately, it did not. Something must really be wrong in my house's generator. "What's wrong with you!? When he just groan, I concluded that he had a bad fall. "Hey..." I tapped his cheek. "don't die here." I quickly sit up on his side then I put his phone's torch on his face. "Take a few deep breaths." After he obediently did it, I rolled him on the side. "Can you get up?"

 

"Give me a second." I gave him few minutes then was about to help him to get up, the electricity comes back. Thank goodness.

 

After bringing him to the couch, I hurriedly run to the kitchen then prepare a cold pack for him. "Where does it hurt?" I asked as I lifted his shirt.

 

"Everywhere."

 

I inhale deeply then gently press the cold pack all over his back. "This supposed not to happen if you did not come back."

 

"I had to."

 

"Why?"

 

"I'm worried about you."

 

"Blackout will not kill me."

 

"Stop feigning ignorance." I stopped for a moment then I got startled as he suddenly turned around. "You know what I'm talking about."

 

I stopped for a moment then inhale deeply. "You seem fine now. Leave." I was about to stand up, but he stopped me. "I'm going to the call the police."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter