Curiosity

Our Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

While holding Sandara Park's calling card, I inhale deeply. Her eyes captured my curiosity when I saw her before but tonight, those eyes seem sadder and more lonely. For some reason, it bothers me a lot and when I saw her leave the venue earlier, I wanted to follow her, but I just decided not to. She obviously forced herself to attend the event tonight which I wonder why, and I already gave her a not so good first impression. Damn. She probably thinking that I am such a weirdo.

 

"Oppa." I turned around and see Minzy.

 

"Why you have to go here? You can just send me a message to go down."

 

She smiled. "It's fine. It's very refreshing here." After Sandara Park left, I went to this hotel's rooftop to organize my thoughts and just messaged Minzy to inform her where I am if in case Dad looks for me. "How did you know Dara Unnie?"

 

I stopped for a moment then realization hit me. "You know her?"

 

"She is my cousin."

 

That surprised me big time. "So, you are Donghae Lee's sister?"

 

She laughs. "Yes."

 

"Why did you not tell me anything earlier when I mentioned that I'm interested to meet the representative of Abbyss Limited?"

 

She smiled sheepishly. "I don't know how to tell it since I also got surprised to hear from you that you wanted to meet Dara Unnie so I acted nonchalantly and decided to talk to you separately about it so here I am." Then she eyed me curiously. "Why you wanted to meet her?"

 

I inhale deeply as I cannot really answer that question with all honesty. "I saw her once before."

 

"When?" I only gave her the date but did not go into too much detail. "That's few days after her dad passed away." Now I understand why her eyes that time was so sad and lonely. But why it's seems worse this time? Was it because of that guy who recently died? Damn. My mind is more restless now. "Dara Unnie is not good at expressing herself so she probably took some time off that day. If you're planning to contact her for some business thing, I suggest for you to contact my brother first. She doesn't prefer to be contacted directly." Then she gave me Donghae Lee's number. "But if it's personal, you can contact her directly. I assumed she gave you her calling card."

 

"Yes, she did."

 

"Oppa..." I looked at her. "Dara Unnie doesn't like others to meddle with her life so she prefers to be alone. We don't really have close cousin relationship, but we are fine whenever we see each other. She only got closer to my brother after they work together." Then she sighs. "She's much closer to someone else but he died recently."

 

"Who is he?"

 

"His name is Woo; he is her childhood friend. He grew up in an orphanage where her late Mom used to work." I just nodded so she continued talking. "Aunty died because of a very unfortunate accident, she slipped in the bathroom. It was a bad fall as her head bumped into the floor tile so hard that causes blood clotting inside her brain which eventually led to her death. Dara Unnie was in high school that time." She sighs again. "I feel sorry for her because she's literally by herself now. I wanted to comfort her, to be her friend but I don't know how to do it. For years I have tried, I can't find a way to get closer to her."

 

That confirm my observation while I was talking to her earlier, she is not comfortable with anyone invading her personal space.

 

After a while, she went down as Dad is looking for her already. It's both of us actually but I told her to just leave first. I'll just find my own way to go home. As I exited the hotel, I just walk as I need to clear my head. Sandara Park built a wall that will not be easy for others to penetrate. I wonder how she became like that. Or was she already like that since she was young? Damn. Why I'm so invested like this? What's with her that made me act like this? If I’ll be honest to myself right now, I already know where this curiosity will lead me.

 

As the next day comes, I started to contemplate how to approach her. It will not be that easy. The invisible wall she has is already too high for someone to jump in. It needs to be lowered by herself otherwise it will just get higher and higher. When I can't think of any way, I just decided to paint until I realized that it's evening already. My second painting of Sandara Park is half completed and while looking at it, an idea finally entered my mind, so I called Donghae Lee the following day then asked him to set me up for a meeting with her. "Good luck, Mr Kwon. I am rooting for you. Just let me know if I can be a help."

 

"You don't even know me."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter