Weekend Session

Our Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

While staring at the half-completed painting, I found myself smiling. I have so many ideas what to do with the showcase that I have to write them down because I worry that I might miss something. I am planning to do 15 different portraits and right now is the 3rd.

 

"Hyung..." Jinwoo entered my workroom. "You eat first." He placed a tray beside me.

 

"Thank you for the food."

 

"What's with the smile?"

 

"Just leave." Then I grabbed a bite. He just groans as he walked out from the room.

 

After finishing the food, I decided to take a break then went to rooftop. It's still autumn so I am just enjoying the weather before winter comes. Tomorrow, I am going to see her again, but I honestly wanted to see her today as it's her birthday. I already sent her a birthday greeting message earlier which she just replied thank you. I wanted to message her again, but I feel like I'm overdoing it. The last thing I wanted to happen is for her to feel that I'm invading her personal space. She might suddenly run away.

 

As the next day comes, I went to her apartment to pick her up. She did not ask where I am taking her and we just talked about random things until we finally reached our destination. "Did the map take us to the wrong route?"

 

I chuckled. "Nope."

 

"What are we doing here then?"

 

We are currently at the orphanage that she used to manage. "When was the last time you came here?"

 

She raised an eyebrow. "Is this part of your showcase theme?"

 

"Sort of."

 

She was about to argue with me more, but we saw the Sister Amelia and Sister Luisa coming on our way, she inhale deeply. "We are going to have a good talk later."

 

I just grinned at her. As we get out of the car, the nuns happily hugged her. "We are so happy to see you again, Sandara."

 

"How are you, dear?"

 

"I'm okay, Sisters. Hope you are taking care of yourselves."

 

They just squeezed her hands then they looked at me. "You must be Jiyong." I nodded then bow to them. "We are so honored to have the president's son come over here."

 

"I am just an ordinary citizen, Sisters."

 

They just smiled warmly at me then they looked back at Dara. "Come, we prepared something."

 

When Dara looked at me, I just smiled at her. She obviously wanted to strangle me but of course, the nuns are oblivious to it. They are just so happy to see her again in this place. As we reached the backyard side of the orphanage, there is a set-up of birthday party. Kids are everywhere. When I looked at Dara, her face is blank. Her eyes are dead. Damn. Did I make a mistake? But when the sisters talked to her, that blankness disappeared immediately. She plastered a pleasant face during the party but occasionally, I caught her eyes emotion changing. When the party finally ended, I caught her sigh in relief. It's very subtle but it seems I am so aware in everything she does.

 

"We would love to see you again, dear."

 

"When you find time, visit us, okay?"

 

She just nodded politely to them then they looked at me and grabbed my hands. "Thank you, Jiyong."

 

"You made our hearts happy today."

 

I smiled at them. "You're very much welcome, Sisters. I will schedule the painting session with the kids once I can."

 

They thanked me once again. When Dara and I entered my car, I looked at her. She is not saying anything. She is just having that familiar blank face. Then my chest pound hard as she suddenly turn her face and raised an eyebrow at me. "Are we just going to stay here forever?"

 

I smiled sheepishly. "I thought we are going to have a good talk?"

 

She just stared at me then looked outside, obviously doesn't want to talk. I just inhale deeply. Until we arrived at her apartment, she did not say a single word. When she stepped out from my car, I inhale deeply then followed her. "I believed we are done for this weekend session. Leave now."

 

Before she entered her room, I grasped her arm. "Why you're holding yourself back? If you are mad at me, say it. You can scream if you want. Beat me up too if that will make you feel better."

 

"That will not change anything."

 

"Might be but it's better to release what's battling up inside you."

 

"It's none of your business."

 

"Yes, but I have to tell you this." I let go her arm as I looked at her very seriously. "You are wearing mask for so long that you already decided not to take it off. You disguised your screams with silence, aren't you tired of it? How long you're going to destroy yourself? Don't be a prisoner to the things that already happened. Don't be a prisoner of the past, Dara. Don't beat yourself for the things that is not even your fault, those things that you don't have control over."

 

"You don't know anything."

 

"Yes, but you are making me worried sick!" Not only her got startled, but I also surprised myself with that outburst. Then I inhale deeply, tryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter