Painting

Our Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

Having a father who is the country's president is not so easy. Thankfully, he kept us, his children in low profile as much as possible. Most of the time, it's Mom who is always seen with him in public events. Me and my sister, Chaerin is not very visible in the public's eyes but we are still being very careful since the reporters are aware of our identities but good thing, Dad announced when he became the president that he will sue anyone who will invade our privacy. Reporters are only allowed to take our photos if we are with him or if we are seen in public events. They cannot also post an article about us that easily. Dad is just confident that we will not do something that could tarnish his reputation.

 

Since he became the president two years ago, Chaerin and I continue living our lives separately from the world of politics. She has own clothing store that she originally designs by herself while I have my own painting shop. We don't have bodyguards around, but we are being monitored by Dad's security team. Thankfully, nothing too dramatic happened yet and hopefully it will stay the same until he decides to stop being in politics, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon. Dad is exposed in the world of politics since he was young so even, he is no longer the president, he will stay somewhere in political world.

 

"Hyung..." Jinwoo interrupted my thoughts as he entered my office. He is one of my two staffs. My shop is just small and though I have the means to make it bigger, I preferred it to be this way. It is already doing well as it is. "I saw someone very similar to her." He is obviously talking about the woman in the painting I drew few years ago, but I just kept it hidden inside my office.

 

My chest pound hard. "Where?"

 

"When I attended my friend's father's funeral yesterday, I saw one lady that has a strong resemblance with the pretty lady in your painting. They were in the opposite room. I wanted to call you, but I felt like it's not appropriate."

 

"Why?"

 

"It seems the one who died was her husband or boyfriend." Damn. "So, the only thing I did is to find out her name." I mentally hold my breath while waiting for him to continue. "Sandara Park." Even the name is beautiful.

 

"How did you find out her name?"

 

He grinned. "Luckily, my friend's elder brother recognized her relatives who went there yesterday. He only met Sandara Park once, but he can't forget it as he really got mesmerized by her beauty when he met her in the funeral of her father about three years ago. He was there because he used to work in an organization that their company is sponsoring."

 

"What is the company name?"

 

"Abbyss Limited." It's one of the biggest retail companies in the country. "Though her father passed away only three years ago, she already took over the company six years ago. She is currently the president, and her cousin is the vice president." Then his face brightens. "Hyung..." He seems pretty excited. "Of all the pretty Noonas I saw that has resemblance in your painting, she's the closest."

 

My heart thumped so fast. There's only one way to find out. After he left, I checked the company website, but the odd thing is that it does not have information about her. Only the vice president is visible, the organization chart is posted but it's very straightforward. She must be a very private person. I searched the internet more then found few articles about her. It doesn't have any photos of her but good thing, there was some interesting information. She used to handle the orphanage that is owned by her late father. Then after she took over Abbyss Limited, it grown bigger. There was a rumour that she supposed to get married but it did not happen as the man backed out. Is it that guy who just died?

 

Then I stopped for a moment, I first saw the woman in my painting three years ago and coincidentally, Sandara Park's father died around that time. If the woman in my painting is really her, did I see her before or after he died? Curiosity is killing me. Damn. I get my phone and call Seunghyun, he is one of my best friends that is a police officer. "This must be something important."

 

I chuckled. I don't really call often as we are just communicating thru Kakao. "I need information about a certain woman named Sandara Park."

 

"Sandara Park of Abbyss Limited?"

 

That startled me. "Do you know her?"

 

"She's my ex-girlfriend."

 

"Back off."

 

He laughs. "What do you want to know about her?"

 

"Everything."

 

He whistles. "Someone is finally in love." I did not comment on that as it will be an endless discussion. Right now, I am just really curious on her. That expression in her eyes still lingers in my head. I need to see her so I can get over with this odd feeling. "Anyway, remember that Mom loves to do volunteering thing? She's a regular in the orphanage that Sandara Park used to manage. I think I saw her twice when she's still managing the orphanage and I can say that she's a unique pretty woman."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"She doesn't talk to people that much. It seems she prefer to work in the background."

 

"That's interesting."

 

"Yeah, do you still want me to dig more information about her?"

 

"Thanks, but no, I'll find a way how to meet her."

 

However, after a month, still nothing happened. The only option left that I have is to speak with her cousin, Donghae Lee. He is the only way to meet her. "My dear, is something bothering you?" I looked at Mom. "You haven't touched your food yet." Tonight, we are gathered to have dinner.

 

"He is in love, Mom." Chaerin giggled as I glared at her.

 

"Is that true? Are you finally going to introduce someone to us?"

 

"No, Mom. I'm ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter