Chapter 7: Suspicions

Love is Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There is one pain, I often feel, which you will never know. It’s caused by the absence of you.” – Ashleigh Brilliant

 

 

•••

 

Two months later...

 

It has been two months since Goeun had her audition and Chaein met with Ireh for dinner.

There has been no news about Goeun's audition results yet, which is making Goeun worry that she wasn't accepted into the company. But Chaein has been making sure to give her words of encouragement and reassurance. She has met with her a few times since then, and each time Chaein has ended up trying to cheer her up about her audition.

Not much has changed with Ireh. She's been continuing as a choreographer at the same company. Still cheerful and clingy as ever. Chaein has also met with her a few times in these past few weeks, each of their meetings turning out to be extremely romantic.

Chaein awakens in her bed, the sunlight shining through her window curtains slightly. Her eyes slowly open. But.. as she and her body awaken, Chaein is hit by a sudden wave of nausea. She feels absolutely miserable very suddenly. Unsure if it was something she ate, or if she managed to get sick, Chaein very slowly begins to get out of bed. But, as soon as she sits upwards, she can feel a bit of the meal she had the previous night begin to come up, watering. Knowing what was about to happen, Chaein immediately rushes out to her bathroom, spooking Swan a little as she breaks into the bathroom and vomits into the toilet.

"Chaein... are you alright?" Swan asks, her eyes wide as she is concerned for her roommate. As she gets over her shock, she quickly comes to her roommate's aid. She pulls Chaein's hair back out of her face, watching with concern. When Chaein finishes, Swan finally speaks up again.

"Chaein, are you okay?" Swan asks again. "Eat something bad?" She adds as Chaein sits up a bit and flushes the toilet.

"Yeah, probably," Chaein responds, trying to ignore the sharp stomach pain she's experiencing. "It feels like that one time I got food poisoning," she says as she slowly stands up. "I'm probably going to have to take off work... and tell my friend Ireh I won't be able to meet up with her today."

"Okay," Swan responds. "I'm going to head to work. Let me know if you need anything such as medicine while I'm out and I'll bring it here when I come home."

"Thanks," Chaein can't help but smile at her supportive roommate. The two of them have been friends for a while and they're always supporting each other. Chaein has even composed some songs for Swan. Swan then leaves the bathroom and Chaein decides to take this opportunity to go grab her phone so she can call off work and text Ireh. Since Chaein still doesn't feel well, she decides she'll hang out in the bathroom just in case she has to vomit again until she feels better. When the heads into her bedroom and picks up her phone, an unexpected message appears.

Hey babe... I'm sorry but I won't be able to meet up with you today. I've been sick since the crack of dawn this morning. I hope you understand <3

It's from Ireh. Chaein is surprised, texting her back.

You too? I'm sick as well. Throwing up?

It doesn't take long for her to get a response from Ireh.

Yes! I don't know what's wrong with me!

Chaein then gets a horrifying realization that makes her feel even more sick. This can't just be a coincidence. There's a very low chance for them both to have food poisoning, specifically because they didn't eat the same thing. And it's unlikely that they passed some sort of nasty virus to each other because if that were the case, one of them would've had it first and then passed it onto the other. She quickly texts back.

Oh no... Seoyoung... what if we're pregnant?! This can't be a coincidence!

Ireh quickly responds.

Don't say that Chaeyoung! I don't want that to be the case! I'm so scared of going through what Yuki did :(

Chaein felt the same, but for a different reason. She'd have to dump Goeun... she doesn't want to break her heart.

It's a possibility! Don't deny it! You know what? I'm coming to your place. I don't want to be home alone... we can support each other through this.

Chaein responds. She hopes that Ireh says yes and that neither Dosie or Yuki are home.

You are so smart babe... I love that. I'd love your support right now. 

She reads Ireh's response and smiles slightly.

Should I bring pregnancy tests so we can take them together? Lol.

She responds, grabbing a few of her belongings as she waits for a response. Even if she says no, she's going to do it anyways. She's desperate to know. Her phone then vibrates, but it wasn't Ireh who texted her. It was Goeun.

Hey, so... I've been feeling really weird recently and I think I'm pregnant. We might be moms! <3 <3

Chaein stops dead in her tracks, feeling like she's going to throw up again just by reading Goeun's text. Is the worst case scenario... really happening? She quickly texts back.

Well, I've been sick this morning and I'm planning on taking a pregnancy test. I will let you know the results. I recommend you take one as well. 

Goeun responds fairly quickly. Her mood from Chaein's couldn't be more different.

Oh gosh... okay! This is so exciting :)

Then finally, a response from Ireh arrives.

Sorry for the late response. I got sick again. And I'm good with that. Can you grab some nausea medication while you're at it?

Chaein is pleased with Ireh's response, responding as well.

Yeah! Of course! I need that too. She responds before quickly heading out the door. Chaein grabs a bag for her to bring with her in case she needs to barf, just to be sure. But before she leaves, she made sure to call her boss to tell her that she was sick and couldn't make it today.

Chaein stops at a local pharmacy store and grabs a couple pregnancy tests to take to ensure accurate results and two bottles of anti-nausea medication. She pays for them before heading out, taking a bus over to Ireh's apartment. She feels a bit better now, but she hopes this is just the last of it and it's not going to turn into regular morning sickness.

Best case scenario it's just food poisoning or some other illness. Chaein thinks, relaxing in the bus seat.

After a few minutes, the bus stops at the bus stop near Ireh's apartment. Chaein gets off, thanks the driver, and heads over to Ireh's apartment. Once she gets there, she immediately rings the door bell. Then, the door quickly opens to reveal a pitiful-looking Ireh. She looks awfully pale, which pulls at Chaein's heart strings.

"Oh goodness.." Chaein gasps. "You l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter