Chapter 10: The Decision

Love is Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“In the end we discover that to love and let go can be the same thing.” – Jack Kornfield

•••
 

The next day... 

 

Chaein sits down on her bed, conteplating for the last time what she should do.

I'm still unsure which of them I should choose. Maybe I should... invite them to the same place at the same time and decide? Maybe I should base it off how they both react to the truth then follow my heart? Chaein thinks. I don't think it really matters who the other mother to my baby is. What matters is that I make the right decision here based off their reactions. For as much I know, both of them might be too angry with me to even consider continuing a relationship. That's fine too, I kind of deserve it after what I have done to them. Yeah. That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to invite them at the same place at the same time, tell them both the truth, see how they react, then go from there.

Chaein grabs her phone and sends the same copy and pasted text to both women.

Hey love! I was wondering if you can meet up with me at the nearby park at around noon? Get back to me soon! <3

Chaein then sits there and thinks while she waits for responses from the both of them. Soon, they come. Goeun is first to respond.

Of course! See you there babe <3

It doesn't take much longer for Ireh to respond.

Sounds amazing! See you there wifey :) <3

Feeling pleased with both of their responses, Chaein begins to gather her thoughts yet again.

You can do this Chaein. Just explain everything to them. There's no guarantee they'd understand, but you will get so much weight off your shoulders once it's over with. Everything would be better off this way. It's only inevitable. Chaein tells herself in her thoughts, taking a deep breath.

The time for Chaein to head off came sooner than she thought. She grabs her belongings before heading out of her apartment. It is December now, so the weather outside is much cooler. Chaein wears a coat outdoors to keep herself warm. 

It's my birthday in only a few more days. I wonder if either of them would still do anything for me after this. Chaein thinks with a small sigh as she sits down on a bench to wait on the bus. Chaein remembers clearly how she had celebrated both Goeun and Ireh's past birthday. She went all out for the both of them, so she hopes they would still do the same regardless of the outcome today.

Once the bus arrives, Chaein hops on and sits down in an empty seat. She felt really nervous to the point it was making her feel nauseus, so she put her earbuds in and decided to listen to music to distract her mind. Instead of what was about to happen in only a few minutes, she pushed her worries aside and started to think about one thing. Her daughter.

Baby, I'm so sorry. Your other mother, whichever she is, may or may not ditch me in anger once she learns the truth. I'm sorry you might be born into a tough situation, but I really hope that's not the case. I want you to have the best life. And I will do anything to make sure that happens. I won't let any of this affect my love for you. Even if I end up having to raise you alone. I hope you forgive me in the future for this mess. Chaein thinks to herself, resting a hand on her stomach. She then realizes she now has a tiny baby bump, which makes her heart flutter in sudden joy. Her baby is growing and healthy. Now she just has to ensure that her relationship with her other mother is not ruined.

After a few minutes of riding, Chaein arrives at the park and her sudden nervousness returns. She felt like she was going to be sick. However, she gets off the bus at the bus stop and walks a bit towards the park's entrance, waiting for Ireh and Goeun to arrive anxiously.

Thankfully, it isn't too cold today, although it is the end of autumn. But the once sunny sky that was there earlier this morning has turned cloudy. Chaein's heart was pounding fast and she felt like she was about to have a panic attack as she waited for Ireh and Goeun to arrive. After a few minutes of waiting, one of them finally showed up. It was Goeun.

"Hey babe!" Goeun greets Chaein, a wide smile on her face. Chaein grows sad as she thinks about how that smile is soon going to go away.

"Hey Goeun," Chaein smiles back, hugging Goeun. Suddenly, Chaein could hear another voice behind her, which startles her a little.

"Uh... hey Chaein, Goeun?" Ireh responds with a small shy wave. "Goeun, what are you doing here? I'm surprised to see you!" She mentions, her v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter