Chapter 11: Start of a New Life

Love is Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I didn't want to split all of this into multiple chapters so have a nice, sweet compilation :) I hope you enjoy!

 

“I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J.R.R. Tolkien

 

•••
 

One month later...

Chaein nervously steps out of the door to her apartment, with Ireh following close behind. Today, she has a doctor's appointment for the baby. In fact, it is considered the most important one because it shows the most as to whether a pregnancy is completely viable or not as the pregnancy enters the second trimester. Chaein, not wanting to go alone, invited Ireh to tag along. Throughout the past month, Ireh has been close to Chaein's side despite what Chaein had done to her, so she greatly respects that. 

The two of them get a taxi and ride together to the doctor's office. Ireh must've noticed that Chaein was feeling nervous so she held her hand as they rode to try to comfort her. 

"It's going to be okay," Ireh assures Chaein quietly. "It's going to go well," she says, although she seemed like she was trying to tell herself that as well.

After a few minutes, the taxi arrives at the doctor's office. Ireh pays the taxi driver and they both head out. Chaein hurries back to Ireh's side and grabs onto her hand before they walk in together.

The wait in the doctor's office did not take too long. Only after a few minutes, they called Chaein's name back and a nurse led them back to an examination room. Chaein sits down in the patient chair nervously and Ireh sits down in another chair in the room. They are soon greeted by the doctor.

"Hello," the doctor greets them, a wide smile on her face. "So... you're going into your second trimester! How's it been going so far?" She asks as she washes her hands at the sink.

"Terrifying," Chaein responds with a small chuckle. "But otherwise... I think pretty normal."

"That's good. It's normal to be terrified when you're expecting your first child," the doctor assures Chaein. "Today we're going to do the most important check-up: the three month check-up. We're going to do an ultrasound to check up on the baby and make sure she's growing healthily."

The doctor then gets everything set up as Chaein and Ireh wait nervously. As she sets things up, she strikes a conversation.

"So, you're the other mother, right?" The doctor asks Ireh, looking over at her.

"Well..." Ireh begins. "It's complicated. I am stepping up as the other mother, but it's unsure whether the baby is mine biologically or not," she explains, fiddling with her fingers anxiously.

"Ohh, okay," the doctor responds. "You know we can do DNA testing at some point if you'd ever consider that. It costs quite a bit, but it might be worth it if you're both really curious."

Chaein looks over at Ireh with a gaze that reads 'it's up to you.' Ireh meets the gaze, gulps nervously, then looks back at the doctor.

"I don't think it matters. She's my baby either way and I'll love and raise her the same even if she isn't my own," Ireh responds. "As long as she's healthy, I don't care," she adds. Chaein smiles softly at Ireh's response. 

"Aw, I love that," the doctor responds as she makes the final touches to the set-up. She puts a cold blue gel on Chaein's abdomen which makes her flinch a little. After a few more seconds, an image flashes on the screen above. Chaein begins to tear up almost instantly as she catches sight of her baby.

"There she is," the doctor says with a smile. "And she's healthy from the looks of it! Have you noticed any abnormalities, Chaeyoung?"

"No," Chaein shakes her head.

"Good. Then I think it's safe to say the pregnancy is one-hundred percent viable. Congratulations!" The doctor smiles wide. A tear of joy rolls down Chaein's cheek as she looks over at Ireh with a wide smile. Ireh is tearing up as well as she makes eye contact with Chaein.

"I told you it would be okay," Ireh responds, smiling wide.

 

•••
 

One month later...

Chaein sits on the couch in Ireh's apartment as she sits beside Ireh, resting her head on the orange-haired girl's shoulder. It has been an exciting day for the both of them. They realized that Chaein's baby bump is starting to become more apparent, which excited them both a lot. They both still find it hard to believe that Chaein is growing a human being created by Chaein and Ireh or Goeun inside of her. Then... the two hear the sound of the apartment's door open with a creak.

Chaein looks behind them and spots Dosie entering the door to the apartment. Ireh instantly greets her roommate.

"Hey Dosie!" Ireh smiles and waves at her. 

"Hey you two," Dosie responds with a smile as she walks in their direction.

"Ooh, what are you all dressed up for?!" Ireh begins to oldest roommate. "You never told me where you were going! Did you have a daaate?" Chaein smiles and watches as she notices Dosie blush a little.

"Well, I wouldn't call it a date," Dosie begins. "But I met up with someone."

"Who was it?" Ireh asks. "A pretty girl, perhaps?" She continues to tease, a mischievous grin on her face. She knew it had to be the case due to how Dosie had blushed.

"Okay, okay," Dosie begins to say. "I have been talking to Goeun a lot more recently... and we decided to meet up for lunch today. So that's where I was."

Chaein knew the history behind Dosie and Goeun too well. Goeun and Dosie had each shared both of their accounts. From what Chaein understands, it was just Dosie and Yuki as roommates, Yuki and Jieun tried to get each of their roommates to start dating like they were. The two of them ended up having a hook-up as a result. They started talking and hanging out a lot but never officially dated. Dosie had feelings for Goeun but Goeun didn't return them. When Goeun turned out pregnant due to their hookup, Dosie wanted Goeun to keep the baby and start dating. However, she respected Goeun's wishes when she said she wasn't ready to be a mother yet and decided to get an abortion. 

"Ooh, wow! I'm surprised!" Ireh's eyes widen. "Have you two finally put your history aside?"

"Yeah, I think so," Dosie responds with a smile. "I missed being around her a lot. I think I'm catching feelings again."

"Eunseong!" Ireh's eyes widen and she perks up excitedly. "Are you for real?"

"Yeah... I can't help it. She's just so... radiant," Dosie responds. 

"I can understand that, for sure... from personal experience," Chaein adds with a chuckle. "She's extremely charming."

"I don't even think it's on purpose," Dosie responds. "It's just how she is! It's why I thought she liked me back when we were close!"

"I'm so happy for youuu!" Ireh adds excitedly. "I can't wait for you to tell Yuki and Jieun!"

Speaking of Yuki and Jieun, Jieun's pregnancy is completely via

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter