Chapter 6: Close Encounter

Love is Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Love is a thing that is full of cares and fears.” – Ovid

 

•••
 

Wednesday...

 

Chaein finishes up the work she needed to complete before her lunch break at work, feeling satisfied with the song she had just finished composing. 

It is unsure who the song will be given to, but it is a love song about being unsure who you are in love with... and Chaein based the lyrics on her own experience. She then sits up out of her chair, ready to meet Goeun for lunch. They planned that the two of them will meet near the entrance of the company building and Chaein will bring Goeun in since she wouldn't be able to come in otherwise. Goeun had her audition this morning, so Chaein is ready to hear all about it. 

Chaein walks out of the room and begins to head down the hall towards the stairs that would take her down to ground level. She finds Goeun standing out of the door to the entrance and she quickly heads over to her, heading outside and surpising her with a big hug. 

"Hey, don't be too happy to see me," Goeun greets with a laugh. "Watch the food!" She laughs more, holding takeout trays up in the air so Chaein doesn't knock them out of her hands.

"So... come on in and tell me everything!" Chaein suggests, letting go of her hug. She holds the door open for Goeun and the two of them walk in together. Chaein is really worried they'll run into Ireh, but thankfully she hasn't seen Ireh around at all yet today. Chaein leads Goeun over to the break room she usually eats lunch at and the two of them sit down together.

"Thank you for the food babe," Chaein smiles and takes her tray.

"No problem gorgeous," Goeun responds, smiling back. The two start eating, discussing their days.

"So... tell me all about the audition," Chaein says, taking a bite of her food.

"I think it went well! They said I should hear whether or not I passed within a few weeks," Goeun responds as she takes a bite of her own food. "I was really nervous going in, especially when I was waiting in the long line, but I felt really satisfied afterwards. I got come compliments from the people at the company. They said my voice is really stable."

"That's great!" Chaein smiles wider as she eats her lunch. "If that's the case, I'm confident you passed!" 

"Thanks," Goeun responds, smiling happily to hear that response from Chaein. "So how has work been?"

"Just the usual. I finished composing and writing the lyrics for a song today," Chaein answers. "So I think I've been pretty productive."

"That's good! I bet the song will be amazing! I wanna hear it once the artist releases it!" Goeun responds, continuing to eat her food.

"Of course!" Chaein responds, not really minding what the song is about because she doubts Goeun would look so much into it.

"If I get into the company, I want you to compose and write the lyrics for my first song," Goeun claims. "I think that would make it extra special."

"Of course I would! That would be amazing," Chaein smiles wider, feeling pleased in Goeun's presence.

"Great!" Goeun responds.

After a while, the two lovers finish eating and throw away their trays. Feeling extra happy, the two immediately hug, knowing that Goeun would have to leave now.

"Goodbye," Chaein frowns. "I love you," she says, kissing Goeun on the cheek. "Thank you for the food."

"I love you too. Don't miss me too much!" Goeun teases, pecking Chaein on the lips as the two depart from their hug. "And any time dear. I'm glad we could do this."

Chaein can feel her heart grow warm as Goeun turns to leave the break from, smiling on her way out. Chaein watches her leave, a lot of happy thoughts on her mind. She then leaves the break room herself and heads back to her office, a goofy smile on her face.

 

•••
 

Goeun leaves the break room, walking down the hallways towards the exit. However, on her way out, she runs into a familiar face.

"Ireh!" Goeun greets the orangeish-haired dancer, a smile on her face. 

"Oh hey Goeun!" Ireh greets her. "Long time no see! What are you doing here?" She asks, pulling her into a friendly hug.

"Oh, I auditioned today to be a singer for the company!" Goeun shares excitedly. "Hopefully I get in, I'm very nervous."

"Oh, wow! I heard there were auditions today, but I had no idea you'd be auditio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter