Epilogue

Love is Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” – Washington Irving

 

•••
 

5 years later...

 

It has been five years since that lovely, yet stressful, day when Miyoung was born. Today, it happens to be her fifth birthday. Throughout the past five years, Chaein and Ireh have stayed by each other's sides to raise Miyoung together. There have been many hardships, but there have also been loving moments that make everything worth it. And besides, they know as long as the three of them stick together, they can take on anything.

Although they had agreed that Miyoung's parentage didn't matter, Ireh was clearly disappointed once they realized that Miyoung has some of Goeun's features, particularly her facial structure. Chaein always assures Ireh that she's her real mother anyways because she's the one who stayed by and helped raise her. Goeun would never be her mother, although Goeun herself was excited to notice her features on Miyoung as well. 

For Miyoung's fifth birthday, they have decided to throw a small party for her. Chaein and Ireh don't have very many friends with kids and Miyoung is a shy child, so they did not have many people to invite, but it is okay. They think it's what Miyoung prefers anyways. However, there is a certain someone they knew they had to invite: Jieun and Yuki's daughter, Kieun.

Miyoung and Kieun grew close since a very young age since their mothers would get together a lot, thus bringing them along. They have grown a beautiful friendship, which Chaein loves to watch. Miyoung even claims she wants Kieun to be her only friend. Chaein and Ireh wish she would make more friends, but it's up to Miyoung. Miyoung is usually a calm child, but she becomes hyperactive whenever she's around Kieun. Ireh loves to joke that Kieun's hyperactive energy passes on to Miyoung whenever they're together. Jieun and Yuki sure have their hands full woth Kieun. All four parents love the bond the two girls have created and are excited for even more playdates in the future.

Chaein and Ireh also agreed to invite Goeun, who happens to be Miyoung's biological second mother, and Dosie. A lot has changed between the two of them within the past five years. They went from having a rough relationship due to a rocky past, to getting married and having their two-year-old daughter, Haeun. Chaein hopes that Miyoung and Kieun will include Haeun, but she worries that the between them would be an obstacle. Especially since it seems that Miyoung and Haeun are half-sisters, Chaein hopes they'd form a similar friendship eventually. Speaking of Miyoung's half-sister, Goeun and Dosie are expecting another baby already, who will be around two years younger than Haeun. Deep down, Chaein still cares too much about Goeun, so she hopes for the best. Goeun, to Chaein's own surprise, came for Chaein's advice back when she was pregnant with Haeun. Chaein is glad that they reformed a friendship even after what happened.

Chaein also couldn't forget to invite Swan. Although she knows Swan has no children of her own currently, she made sure to invite her close friend to Miyoung's party. They are still close as ever, talking almost every day.

With everyone who was invited now at Chaein and Ireh's apartment, the birthday festivities begun. The adults sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter