Chapter 5: Regret

Love is Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"To love is to burn, to be on fire.” – Jane Austen

 

•••
 

Chaein awakens to the feeling of something tapping her shoulder. Her eyes flutter open to see Goeun looking down at her. 

"Good morning babe," Goeun greets her flirtatiously, a smile growing on her face. Chaein stretches out her arms and legs. 

"Good morning," Chaein responds, still half-asleep. Until... she remembered exactly what happened the night prior. Her eyes suddenly grow wide and she sits straight up, causing Goeun to move back a bit. 

"What's the matter?" Goeun asks, resting a hand on her shoulder. "Did you have a nightmare?"

"Goeun," Chaein begins, putting a hand on her head in stress. "What we did last night..."

"What about it? You were enjoying yourself, and I was too," Goeun smiles softly. "We should do it again sometime. That's the best I've had."

"No, no," Chaein responds, knowing Goeun doesn't get what she means. 

Chaein, in truth, was incredibly worried about the chance of either or both of them getting pregnant, especially since she now did it with both Ireh and Goeun. She knows if either of them get pregnant, she'd have to suddenly dump the other without making a proper decision as she'd be tied to their baby. And she wouldn't ditch a woman who would be expecting her own child. She would be heartless to have to do that. Or even worse, Chaein herself could become pregnant, which is more likely since she's done it twice, and not even know which one of them is the other mother. Or... even even worse, two of them or even all three of them could turn out pregnant. 

"Goeun... what if one of us gets pregnant? We shouldn't have done that. I got too carried away..." Chaein mentions, her voice shaky in worry. She loses eye-contact with the older woman. 

"Then we can worry about that when it happens. But even then, I'd be excited if that were the case. We've been dating for a year now, and I feel a baby could bring us even closer together," Goeun smiles, keeping both hands on Chaein's shoulders to try to support her. "Either way, I don't know about you, but I have zero regrets. And if we get an unviable pregnancy, there will be other times."

"Thanks," Chaein responds. What Goeun said made her feel a bit better. Like she had told Ireh when she was worried, there was a low chance of the worst case scenario happening. 

"If you get pregnant, I will support you all the way. And I know you'd do the same for me," Goeun leans in, kissing Chaein's forehead. "Imagine if we did have a baby... with our genes, that baby would grow to the prettiest woman in the world," she chuckles. Goeun's comment makes Chaein let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah.. that would be true," she chuckles, making eye contact with Goeun again, her gaze soft and loving. 

"Now, I fixed us both breakfast if you want to come eat," Goeun invites Chaein, kissing her on the cheek quickly before standing up off the bed. 

"You did?" Chaein asks, blinking in surprise. "You didn't have to do that. When did you wake up?"

"About an hour or two ago," Goeun answers, watching as Chaein stands up. "I didn't want to wake you up too soon, so I spent time making us breakfast until it got later in the morning," she explains. "I hope my cooking is good enough."

"You seriously didn't have to," Chaein responds. "I'm so grateful. I love you so much, I have no words."

"I wanted to," Goeun smiles wider. "I thought it would be a nice surprise," she says, leading Chaein out of her room and into the rest of the apartment. 

Once Chaein steps out of Goeun's bedroom, the smell of the food fills her nostrils. waters a bit at the good smell. The two then sits down and eat together. Luckily for them, the food was still warm. Goeun made sure to wake Chaein up before the food grew cold. After they finish eating, the couple chats a little bit more while sitting at the dining room table.

"That was actually delicious, Goeun," Chaein smiles. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. I'm glad I gave it a shot then!" Goeun smiles back, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter