Chapter 2: Desire

Love is Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The core of all love triangles is confusion. Confusion to be unable to understand one's own choices and decisions." — Unknown

 

•••
 

A few days later...

 

The day is now Friday, and Chaein had made plans to spend time with Ireh later tonight. She hadn't seen her since Sunday, and she hopes to repeat what they did that night, because Chaein largely enjoyed it. 

Once Chaein got off work, she began to head back to her apartment from work, taking the bus back to her apartment. When she got on the bus, she sat in a seat near the front and checked her phone, noticing she has received a text message. 

Hey babe! I spent a lot of these past few days thinking about it, but I've decided, I'd like to take a shot at being hired by your company! I found out that they're having auditions soon and I'll be stopping by, so put in some good words about me! :)

It was from Goeun. Part of Chaein was hoping Goeun wouldn't accept the offer upon remembering that Ireh is a dance instructor under the company and she'd rather them not find out that she's been dating them both this whole time. She realizes any hesitancy towards this would be suspicious, especially since she was the one who suggested this in the first place. She lets out a small sigh and types out a response.

That's great! I definitely will! Good luck babe and I hope you're accepted <3

Chaein then puts her phone down, putting her earphones in and listening to some music on her ride back to her apartment. 

Soon, she makes it to the bus stop near her apartment. She gets up and heads off of the bus, thanking the bus driver before getting off. Chaein then heads towards her apartment. When she heads in, she realizes that Swan is not home, as she had expected. As a singer, Swan has a very busy schedule. Chaein goes over to her bedroom, changing her clothes into something more comfortable since as she is aware, she and Ireh wouldn't be going out anywhere. She keeps her makeup on but touches up on it a little, realizing that a little bit might've come off as the day progressed. She then brushes her hair out again and puts it up in a ponytail. She usually preferred to wear her hair down, but she figured it would be nice to change things up every once in a while. And besides, Chaein thinks Ireh might like it. 

Remembering that she isn't planned to be at Ireh's until 7pm, Chaein fixes herself a quick dinner before heading out. She packs a few extra things, such as pajamas as she's expecting to spend the night there. 

Chaein soon heads out, leaving the apartment and locking the door behind her. She then walks back over to the bus stop, shivering a bit in the cool evening air. It has just recently started to get dark, so it's starting to get even cooler out with the sun having set. After a bit of waiting in the cool autumn air, the bus soon arrives and she gets on, sitting down in a seat. She puts her earbuds in and listens to music again as she rides the bus, looking out the window at all of the sights of the city. 

As soon at the bus stops at the bus stop near Ireh's apartment, Chaein gets up, thanks the driver, and gets off the bus. She then walks over towards Ireh's apartment, shivering a bit in the cold. Once she gets to her door, she rings the door bell, hoping that Ireh would open it. However, when the door opened, a different face showed up, to Chaein's surprise. 

"Oh, hey Dosie," Chaein greets her lover's roommate, who is also known by her real name, Eunseong. "Is Ireh home?"

"Yeah," Dosie responds, turning her head in the direction of inside the apartment. "Ireh! Your girlfriend's here!" She calls out. 

"Coming!" Chaein could hear Ireh's voice in the distance respond. Ireh then appears in Chaein's sight, hurrying over to her and Dosie. "Hey," Ireh greets Chaein, giving her small smile. Dosie then turns and leaves to give the two some privacy. "Glad you could make it, come right in," Ireh says, making room for Chaein to step in and shutting the door behind her. 

"Is she leaving soon?" Chaein whispers to Ireh as she enters. 

"Yeah, she made plans to spend time with her twin sister," Ireh responds, keeping her voice low to a whisper before raising it back up for her next sentence. "Yuki is already out. She's with her girlfriend Jieun."

That name... it seems very familiar to Chaein. But then she makes the connection. 

"Jieun? As in Goeun's roommate?" Chaein asks, her eyes widening a bit but she tried her best not to seem too suspicious. 

"Yeah, do you know them?" Ireh asks, keeping her head turned as she leads Chaein out into the rest of the apartment. 

"Yeah. I'm friends with her roommate Goeun," Chaein lies, making it sound believable. She sits down on the couch once they arrive at the living room and Ireh sits down beside her as they continue to chat.

"Oh okay, that's cool. It's a small world," Ireh res

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter