Chapter 3: Worries

Love is Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"My night has become a sunny dawn because of you." —  Ibn Abbad

 

•••
 


Chaein awakens to sunlight shining in her eyes from Ireh's bedroom window. She squints a little, turning around to spot Ireh's figure next to her. Ireh is smiling at her softly, her adorable cheeks blushing rosy red. 

"Good morning beautiful," Ireh greets her. "That was the best night I ever had in my life," she admits cheerfully. "Whew, I've never felt this way about someone before. You are one of a kind."

Chaein thinks back to what happened last night. Watching the drama, cuddling, making out... and... 

Chaein catches herself before she starts having dirty thoughts again. But she will admit, it definitely was one of the best, if not the best, nights of her life as well.

"I feel the same way about you, Seoyoung," Chaein grins, poking Ireh's cheek with her index finger, which makes Ireh flush up even more. "I love you so much," she leans in, touching noses with Ireh.

"I love you too," Ireh then gives Chaein a quick peck on the lips.

"What time is it?" Chaein asks, turning over and reaching for her phone. She turns her phone on and spots the time. It is 11 o'clock in the morning. The both of them slept in real late, it seems. However, something else catches her eye. A text message from Goeun. Chaein shields her phone to ensure Ireh doesn't see the screen before reading the message. 

Hello babe! I hope you've been doing well! I checked in with Jieun's schedule and you're free to come over tonight if you want! Jieun will be heading to her girlfriend Yuki's apartment after her performance so it will just be me! Hope to hear back from you soon <3

Chaein smiles a bit at the screen before she realizes...

Goeun's roommate Jieun will be here?! She thinks. It doesn't seem like something to worry too much to worry about, but Chaein fears that Ireh's and Goeun's roommates dating may be her doom. If Yuki mentions me to Jieun or Jieun mentions me to Yuki, I'd be doomed. They'd catch on!

Chaein had met both girls before, so they both know who she is well, but she wasn't aware that they were dating. Things have become much more complicated. She then decides to quickly respond to Goeun's text message. 

Yeah, that sounds great! Just let me know what time and I'll see you then! :) 

Chaein then quickly puts her phone down, a bit worried that Ireh might've tried to take a peek. But thankfully, when she looks over, Ireh is staring at her own phone. Chaein sits up in bed, stretching out her arms a bit before sliding out of the sheets and putting both feet down on the floor. 

"Where are you going babe?" Ireh quickly turns her eyes to her, putting her phone down. 

"To make us some breakfast," Chaein grins as she fixes the sheets a bit. Ireh's eyes grow wide and sweet, which Chaein thinks is cute. 

"But... Chaeyoung, we can just grab something easy. We don't have to cook anything," Ireh suggests. "I'd much rather you stay in bed with me a bit longer."

Chaein couldn't help but feel bad as Ireh begins to pout, crossing her arms. Seeing the upset expression on Ireh's face made her heart pang with guilt. She hated seeing Ireh upset, and knowing that she might end up making her really upset one day hurts. Chaein lets out a sigh, giving in easily. 

"If you say so," Chaein gives in, getting back into bed and scooting close to Ireh. Ireh wraps her arms around Chaein immediately, and Chaein wraps her own back, moving so she could rest her head against Ireh's chest. Chaein then realizes that Ireh's breathing is unsteady and her heart is beating faster than normal, noticing that something must be wrong. 

"Hey babe, what's the matter?" Chaein asks, looking up at Ireh with a loving gaze. "You can tell me."

"How did you know?" Ireh asks, looking down at Chaein in shock. 

"I can read your mind," Chaein jokes. "No, seriously, what's wrong?"

"What we did last night..." Ireh begins, her eyes glistened with worry. "What if one of us turns out pregnant? They say that the chance is fifty-fifty..."

It is a serious concern. When it comes to pregnancy in this world, things have become quite complicated. If two people have "," then it's pretty much a coin flip whether they become pregnant or not. However, for some reason, it seems like maybe the first time two people have there's a less likely chance of pregnancy. There also a coin flip whether, after getting pregnant, the pregnancy is viable or not. Unviable pregnancies usually end in a miscarriage the first trimester. First times also tend to be more likely to be unviable. On top of all of that, it is also completely random which person of a couple would get pregnant, if not both. It does not depend on who is a top or a bottom. As far as she's aware of the situation, Chaein k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter