Twenty

Remnants Of The Heart

 

“I hate you!” she hissed. “I swear on everything, I hate you!”
 
“Aww, so you really love me, huh?”
 
“What?”
 
“Why, didn’t you know? The more you hate, the more you love!”
 
“You have no idea how much I want to kill you right now!”
 
“Dara and Jiyongie, K-I-S-S-I-N-G under a tree!” Jiyong started singing that it she felt like she was going to burst from too much annoyance.
 
“SHUUUUUTTTT UPPP!!!” she exploded. Jiyong stopped and blinked at her. But then, a playful grin curved his lips as he started singing with matching cute dance steps. He even started making heart shapes using his hands and arms. “KWON JIYONG!”
 
Jiyong bounced off like a kid happily, singing at the top of his lungs. “. . . under a tree! The more you hate, the more you love! Dara and Jiyongie. . . .!”
 
Dara looked around for anything to throw at the guy bouncing off like a kid with his arms making heart shapes up ahead of her. Her eyes immediately narrowed at a dry twig. She bent down and picked it up. Biting her lower lip down, she threw the twig at him with all her strength.
 
It hit his face and she was about to laugh her heart out when she saw Jiyong knelt down and covering his eyes. “Aww, my eyes!” he whimpered. He sounded so hurt that any laughter died down inside her.
 
She immediately ran to him, panicking. She fidgeted on her place, unsure of what to do. Then, she knelt down beside him, one hand on his back while the other’s on the ground as she leveled her face with him. “Let me see,” she whispered.
 
Jiyong kept his head bowed down, whimpering. “It’s bleeding, it’s bleeding. . .” he moaned.
 
“Oh my God!” Dara gasped and tried to have a look at his covered eye. “Let me see. . .”
 
Jiyong slowly looked up, removed his hand from his eye then smirked. Without giving Dara the chance to realize he wasn’t really hurt, his head swoop forward and claimed her lips selfishly. Before Dara could even push him away and starts hitting him, he pull away and jumped to his feet, laughing his heart out. He then resumed his singing-bouncing spree.
 
“KWOOOON JIYYOOOOOOOONGG!!!”
 
“Jeez, you sound like a nagging wife calling her husband to do the laundry.”
 
“Huh! As if you’ll do the laundry for a girl! I bet you’re going to make your wife a slave. Poor her.”
 
“If it’s for you, why not?” he quietly said, shrugging but she heard him. All thoughts of getting revenge or hitting him instantly evaporated. She shouldn’t be moved with a cheesy line like that but hearing it from him did wonders to her heart. As much as she wanted to deny it, it was there.
 
“Whatever,” she dismissively said and started walking ahead of him.
 
“Whatever?” he repeated. “What happened to the feisty and vengeful Sandara Park?”
 
“I don’t want to talk to you.”
 
“Oh really? Why not?”
 
“You annoy me.”
 
“I see. . .”
 
“Just shut up.”
 
“I don’t want to.”
 
“Argh!” she exploded. “I’m seriously tired right now, hungry and thirsty. So please don’t add up to it because I might seriously end up hurting you.”
 
“I think that would be better, me getting hurt. You’ll take care of me then. Nyahahahahahahaha. Your guilt won’t stop you from taking care of me and of course your undying love. Nyahahahahaha.”
 
Dara closed her eyes for a moment and sighed heavily. The guy obviously has gone mad. “Seriously Kwon Jiyong, I’m dead tired like a – aaaaahhh!” she yelped when she felt her feet left the ground. “What are you doing?!” she demanded when Jiyong started carrying her.
 
“Carrying you, what do you think?”
 
“What the – put me down now!”
 
“Seriously, girls are so fickle minded,” he said. “You go on ranting how tired you are then you’d go all-whiney when a guy gives in to your silent request.”
 
“Silent request!” she huffed.
 
“Yeaaahhhh. . . I know what you were trying to say.”
 
“Oh really?”
 
“Now, if you won’t stop wiggling, I’m going to kiss you until it would lead us to taking each other’s clothes off and doing it on the ground!”
 
“Why you. . . . ert!”
 
“I know a cave where we can take some rest. There are supplies there that –.”
 
“Another nest of yours?”
 
“Nest? You make it sound like I bring girls there and shag them.”
 
She looked at him with raised brows. “Don’t you?”
 
“Why, are you expecting me to shag you up there?”
 
“I give up!” she whined. “You’re impossibly crude!”
 
Dara thought it was impossible but they’ve actually stopped bickering. The further they went, the more silent Jiyong went. She asked him to put her down, thinking he was tired already but he only shook his head. She stared at his face with a frown. He didn’t seem tired actually. He wasn’t even sweating but he seemed to be in deep thoughts. His brows were almost meeting at the center and for some weird reason, she had the urge to reach up to his face and clear that frown off. But of course, she didn’t do that. She didn’t want to give him the wrong impression. She already decided that Seunghyun would be the guy for her even if he betrayed her. It hurts, yes. Disappointing, yes. Now that Jiyong was silent, she then regretted telling him to shut up. He was such an effective distraction that she never once thought of Seunghyun during their bickering.
 
After some time, Jiyong stopped and put her down. “That was a –,” Dara started but Jiyong turned away.
 
“Dara. . .” a familiar voice from behind her came. She felt herself froze. She didn’t move. Her heart was beating so hard against her chest it felt like her heart was trying to tear itself off from her body. She stared at Jiyong’s back. “Dara. . .” the voice called out again.
 
“Ji. . . Jiyong. . . what is going on?” she whispered breathlessly but the guy in front of her remained silent, with his back still facing her. “KWON JIYONG, I’M ASKING YOU!”
 
With a sigh, Jiyong slowly faced her but his eyes went straight to the person behind her. “I guess this is my cue to leave?”
 
“Leave?” Dara asked.
 
Jiyong finally looked at her. With a forced smile he said, “This is what you want, right?”
 
“What do you think are you doing?!”
 
“Giving you time to talk. I’ll be back. Sorry to disappoint you but you have to bear with my presence for a few more days,” he said then look back to the person behind her, gave a nod, turned away and left.
 
Dara didn’t dare turn around. She was trembling so hard she felt like she was going to faint anytime soon.
 
“Dara. . .” he called again.
 
She closed her eyes as a small shiver ran down her spine. She could never mistake that deep voice for anyone else. “Why?” she asked through constricted throat.
 
“I’m sorry. . .” he answered.
 
“Sorry?” she burst out, turning around to face him. “SORRY? WHAT –?!” she started but stopped upon seeing his face. He looked beaten up, pale and it seemed like he lost weight as well. She could see a shadow of stubbles as well and the sight of him made her heart twist painfully. She had the urge to run to Seunghyun and hug him but she stopped herself. she balled her fists tightly and remained on her spot, fighting back the tears threatening to spill out from her eyes.
 
“Please. . . let me explain,” he pleaded. “Please. . .”
 
She just stared at him. “What happened to you?” she asked.
 
A small smile curved his lips. “Some guys beat me up. Jiyong contributed too, I guess.”
 
“Jiyong?”
 
“Yep. Not physically, though.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“My ego and heart is badly beaten right now,” he answered with a light chuckle but it sounded off to Dara. He took a step forward but then, Dara took a step back. “I’m not going to hurt you.”
 
“Really?”
 
“Please, let me explain.”
 
“Why should I listen to you?”
 
“Do you really think Jiyong would bring you here if he thought for a second I’m going to hurt you?”
 
Dara opened but then closed it again. “I. . . I don’t know. I can’t really trust what’s running around Jiyong’s mind,” she answered. It was true. One second, Jiyong would go all annoying then he’d go all sweet and cute.
 
 
However, unknown to her, Jiyong heard what she said from afar. A bitter smirk curved his lips. With a shake of his head, he walked away from his hiding place. Clearly, Dara still didn’t trust him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-------
banner by aubreylazy
 
A/N:
 
the posted chapter is actually just half of the supposed chappie20.. kayahahahakk. but i decided to just post half of it.
 
Why?
 
coz i'm a troll..
 
kyahahahahahakkk..
 
anyways, here ya go, a short chappie..
 
kyahahahahak..

 

Oh. btw.. I just want to ask something.. Guys please don't post my stories anywhere else. I actually felt bad when I found out that someone on a different site  posted my stories without my permission and even registered under the username: hagocimit.

 

THESE ARE THE SITES THAT I HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH:

Twitter

DGH

Winglin

Photobucket

Flickr

Instagram

Asianfanatics (will be deleting this one soon)

Youtube

4shared

Asianfanfics

 

THE SITES WHERE I POSTED MY STORIES

Winglin (no longer active here, will be deleting my stories there soon)

Asianfanatics.net (will be deleting my stories too).

Asianfanfics

 

To those asking for soft copies of my fics, I've pulled them off because of this. Sorry.