Seventeen

Remnants Of The Heart

 

Dara sighed in relief upon hearing Jiyong’s familiar voice. She was just about to open to call him when his next words stopped her.
 
“Minwoo, she’s here!” he called out.
 
Dara felt as if her whole world fell apart. She could feel tears falling freely from her eyes. Her whole body seemed to have frozen; she can’t even feel anything anymore. The fact that Jiyong was calling Minwoo did little on her, it was more of facing Minwoo again that left her cold with fear. There was something about that guy that scared her to death. Although, hearing Jiyong call him made her feel betrayed, the former was scarier.
 
Jiyong’s head then popped up and there was that evil smirk on his lips. “Hey you, come down here if you don’t want your brain scattered in this place.”
 
Dara wanted to move away, to crawl away from him but she can’t – she was paralyzed beyond belief. Out of the chaos in her mind, she heard a click followed by a gun shot. She flinched as a stinging pain hit her cheek. The bullet flew so near to her cheek that she earned a small cut. The physical pain then made her feel her body parts again that she felt herself crawling towards Jiyong. The tears that were flowing freely stung the cut more but she ignored it. Her mind and body were overwhelmed with fear that she can’t process everything anymore.
 
“Feet first,” she heard Jiyong said.
 
With her tiny body trembling, she diligently obeyed his order. When her feet were dangling, she closed her eyes for a moment and silently prayed for her safety before sliding off. She expected to land on the ground, she even thought of falling hard on her but it didn’t happen. Two arms caught her securely before she was settled down on the ground. She then opened her eyes and she was greeted by Jiyong’s blank face. She didn’t dare look behind her as she feared she would see Minwoo. She focused on Jiyong’s bruised and bloodied face. Weird, she thought as a surge of worry came bubbling in her chest upon seeing his bruised face. Yes, it was indeed weird feeling all worried for a guy who actually betrayed her.
 
She tried to stop her lips from turning upside down as well because she knew it usually make her look like a child crying over a candy. But she can’t help it. Just like before, Jiyong never fails to make her cry. She raised her arm over her eyes as she started bawling. She sounded like a baby but she was just so scared that she didn’t care anymore.
 
When she noticed how silent the room was, she removed her arm from her eyes and grabbed the sleeve of her shirt and wiped her nose. She looked up and for a moment, she saw the corner of Jiyong’s mouth lifted before it was suddenly pulled down. She then looked directly to his eyes. He had his poker face on again so her eyes went back to his mouth and she saw it trembling. Her eyes widened as a loud gasp escaped from her lips. She then had the courage to look around. The room was empty except for her and Jiyong. she turned back to Jiyong, her eyes narrowed down into tiny angry slits. “Why you. . . !”
 
That was the last straw for Kwon Jiyong. He laughed so loud that Dara thought she heard the birds from Himalayas flying away. “Your. . . hahahahahaha… the look. . . on. . . hahahaha. . . you. . . hahahaha. . . your. . . . hahahahaha. . . nyahahahahaha. . . . kyahahahahaha. . . f-f-face. . . hahaha. . . . sooooooooooooo. . . hahahahahahaha. . . funny! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!”
 
It was the final straw for Sandara Park as well. With a frustrated scream, she lunged at Jiyong, her legs wrapping around his waist as she started hitting him everywhere she can reach. She even went on biting him.
 
“Awww! That hurts!”
 
I HATE YOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!”
 
He chuckled. “No, you don’t. AWWWWWW!”
 
“You jerk!” she shrieked.
 
“Okay, okay, okay. Hey, that’s enough!”
 
“No!” she growled.
 
“Hey, that hurts!”
 
“You deserve it, you great bully!”
 
With a frustrated sigh, Jiyong then grabbed her wrists and looked at her with a wide grin on his face. Then, his face leaned forward, his lips touching hers. It was just a smack but it made Dara’s limbs go all jelly that her legs unwrapped themselves off of him. She almost stumbled when her feet landed on the ground but Jiyong held her steadily. “Do I make you weak with my kisses?” he asked in a teasing tone, his eyebrows wiggling.
 
It ticked Dara off that she started kicking and hitting him again. “Ah, why are you so cute?” he said asked, laughing. It made Dara stop. She glared at him with all the evilness she could muster but it seemed to have amused him more. He held her waist and spun around, pinning her against the wall with his arms on either side of her head, his face too close for her liking.
 
“How could you play with me like that!?” she asked. “You knew how scared I am of Minwoo!”
 
“I just wanted to see your cute expression once you found out I was just fooling around,” he answered with a boyish grin.
 
“Jerk!” she said, pushing him off but he didn’t even budge.
 
“So. . . . you do care for me, huh? Coming here, visiting me, risking you life and all that. . .”
 
He looked so amused and happy that it amazes and pisses her off. “You’re a jerk!”
 
“I know I am,” he answered.
 
“Where are my bodyguards?” she then asked. She wanted to be away from this crazy person.
 
Jiyong stepped back and shrugged. “They got killed.”
 
Dara’s eyes widened and she stepped away from him. She then went towards the opened door and saw dead bodies lying on the ground. Her hand instantly flew to as she stifled a cry and tried to stop herself from vomiting. Then, a realization hit her. She turned back to Jiyong who was lazily leaning against the wall. “You killed these men, didn’t you?”
 
“Yep,” he answered as if it’s the most normal thing in the world.
 
“You could have escaped a long time ago without any help but you didn’t.” it wasn’t a question, it was a statement.
 
“Yep.”
 
“Why didn’t you?”
 
He looked up at her, one corner of his lip quirking up. “I was waiting for you,” he answered. “Ain’t I sweet?” he added with a grin this time.
 
Dara’s anger flared again. She started marching towards him and slapped him so hard in the face he almost stumbled.
 
“What was that for?” he asked childishly, pouting with his hand on his cheek.
 
“Jerk!” she screamed again. “You could have saved yourself from getting all that. . . . all that bruises when you. . . you. . . .”
 
“Aww, my baby girl is worried about me!”
 
“I’m not your baby girl.”
 
“Sweetheart?”
 
“No!”
 
“Darling?”
 
“Definitely not!”
 
“Cupcake?”
 
“Disgusting!”
 
“Honey?”
 
“Stop it!”
 
“Hunnybunchy?”
 
“You are the most. . . . unbelievable person I’ve ever met!”
 
“I know my uncle, I know how his mind works,” he then said a little seriously. “If I have escaped and went to your place. . .” he then shook his head. “Never mind,” he said. “We need to go. Minwoo and the others would be here in. . .” he paused, looking at his watch. “Twenty minutes or so.”
 
Her eyes widened. “You knew they’d be here in a few minutes and you’re just saying it right now?”
 
“What can I do? You were ranting your head off!”
 
“You could have told me!”
 
“Well, you were being cute and funny and all, it was so amusing watching you like that.”
 
“I can’t believe this! And don’t go pouting like that! We need to get out of here!”
 
“Oooh, ain’t we sweet? The runaway lovers!”
 
“KWON JIYONG!”
 
“Okay, okay, okay. Sheesh, you panic too much!”
 
“How can I not panic?!” she hysterically asked. “Ugh! Why are you always pouting childishly like that?”
 
He glared at her. “I’m trying to be cute to you!” Dara could only stare at him, dumbfounded. Jiyong then sighed with his shoulders slumped in defeat. It’s not working, he thought. Maybe I should think of a cuter expression. With his mind thinking of cute expressions, he silently led Dara to one of the dirtiest rest room she could probably have set eyes on.
 
“Eww. . .” he heard her say and he could only smile inwardly. There was an easy way out but then, he likes pissing her off. Hehehe, he silently laughed. Besides, although there was an easy way out, it wasn’t the safest. So, he’s technically hitting two birds with one stone – pissing Dara off and assuring her safety.
 
He then bent down just near the bowl that looked as if it hasn’t been cleaned for decades. He pulled one stained tile off the floor. There was a large pull ring attach to it. jiyong then slipped his hand and pulled the metal ring up. At least the square where the bowl was sitting opened up, revealing a hole through it.
 
“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Dara whispered almost breathlessly.
 
“Lady – hmm, you’re not really a lady yet, are you? Girl’s first then?”
 
Dara shook her head so hard that her hair flew all over the place. “No friggin’ way!” she exclaimed.
 
“Okay,” Jiyong shrugged. “Stay here then and wait for Minwoo. Oh, you might see Seunghyun by the way. He’s getting all lovey-dovey with Minwoo. I shouldn’t have known he was a gay.”
 
Dara suddenly felt outraged and offended. “Seunghyun is not gay!”
 
Jiyong looked at her and went silent for a moment. “It was a joke,” he said so quietly that Dara suddenly felt the obvious change in his mood. “If you don’t want to go with me, suit yourself.”
 
“I did not say that,” she answered.
 
“You didn’t but that’s what you’re trying to say.”
 
She bit her lower lip as her fists balled tightly. “But it’s so disgusting there!”
 
“Like what I’ve said, you don’t have to go with me. That suits me just fine.”
 
“What the hell is wrong with you?” she demanded.
 
“Oh, nothing’s wrong with me. I’m perfectly fine!”
 
“No, there is definitely wrong with you.”
 
“You think so?” he asked as he started climbing down what seemed to be a rusty wall ladder. “Just put the bowl back down when I’m gone, will you?”
 
“Wait!” she called out in panic. “I-I’ll go. Let me go first.”
 
He looked up at her, his head tilting to the side. “I think my ears are playing with me. What did you say again?”
 
Dara tried her best to contain her annoyance. “I said I’ll go. Will you let me go first, please?”
 
Jiyong climbed back up and gestured her through the hole. She caught sight of his dirty hands and shuddered from disgust. Swallowing hard, she emerged down the hole and started climbing down the ladder.
 
“Oh my God, this is the most disgusting. . . I can’t believe this. . . this place is full of. . . oh my God. . .” she ranted off as Jiyong followed, pulling the lifted bowl back again. “I seriously can’t believe this!” Dara went on and on. jiyong was grinning the whole time she was ranting how disgusted she was of the place. He had the urge to laugh but he stopped it. The place isn’t sound proof. He might laugh too loud that if Minwoo and the others would arrive, he would be heard.
 
“Oh my God! Did I just step on a poop?! Oh my God, I think I’m now wading through a river of poop. I can’t believe this. . . disgusting! Just disgusting! This got to be the most disgusting thing I’ve ever faced in my life aside from meeting Kwon Jiyong. Oh dear Lord. . .”
 
“Hey, that is so not true! FYI, girls swoon over my face, sweetheart.”
 
“Don’t call me sweetheart, you evil thing!” she hissed. She went on ranting on and on as they made their way through the river of poop. It was weird as she could no longer feel the fear she felt a while ago. What she was feeling right now was annoyance at Kwon Jiyong. She was so busy ranting and what with the darkness of the place, she wasn’t able to see what’s in front of her that she ended up tripping and falling forward, face flat on the river of poop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

- - - -

A/N:

banner by kwonkyu88! thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

 

NYAHAHAHAHAHA... I can already hear bully Jiyong's laughter.