Fifteen

Remnants Of The Heart

 

She wondered for a moment what he was doing laughing like a maniac while slapping his knee with his hand. But then, understanding dawned on her. Clutching the towel tightly to her chest, she marched towards him in a mixture of anger and tears. She stopped just a few feet away from him. He was still laughing. For a moment, she felt relieved that they were still safe. For a moment, she felt a bit lightheaded for seeing him laugh so hard like this. But those small moments did not cover the anger, humiliation and hurt she was feeling right now.
 
She stared down at him with her meanest glare but he seemed oblivious as he was too busy laughing. She kicked him in the shin and her limbs started hitting him every possible part of his body. She was just too angry that when her towel fell off of her, she didn’t even have it in her to bend down and pick it up to cover herself. She stopped hitting him and glared at him with tears in her eyes.
 
He was about to laugh again upon seeing the towel fell off of her but when he saw her tears streaming down freely, the laughter instantly died away. She seemed to be not concern that she’s standing in front of him so he bent down and picked up the towel, covering her. She slapped his hand away then slapped him so hard in the face that the sound of her hand touching his cheek resounded in his ear.
 
“I hate you!” she whispered then ran away.
 
It would have been more dramatic if Dara had a door to slam upon entering the bathroom. But since it has been kicked from its hinges, she just stepped inside and went to scoot at the farthest corner and cried. She felt somewhat annoyed with herself as well. She just never learned. She knew pretty well how much of a bully Jiyong was. She knew better than to cry as she’s no longer a child but there she was, being her usual crybaby self again.
 
After some time, she heard some footsteps getting nearer. She buried her face deeper into her folded arms and tried not to move. She heard some creaking sounds and a thump. Afterwards, the same footsteps were heard but this time, it was muted and it sounded far. She then slowly took a peek and saw that the door was badly pushed back to its frame. She stared at the door for a moment, surprised that her tears had stopped falling. With a sigh, she then stood up and took her towel off of her, throwing it aside. She decided to resume her bath.
 
As the water washed the dirt from her body, humiliation then started taking over her anger that she can’t help but scowl upon feeling the warmth flaming her cheeks at the memory of Jiyong seeing her fully body a while ago. She squeezed her eyes tight to erase the image of Jiyong’s face as he roamed his eyes over her body but she just could not get it off of her mind. “Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” she screamed in frustration, pulling her hair in the process. “Erase, erase, erase, erase, ERASE!!!”
 
When she was done taking a shower, she quickly dressed up and was about to march from the bathroom angrily when she could not seem to get the door opened. With balled fists, she kicked the door so hard but to no avail, it seemed unmoved. She took a few steps backward and glared at the door so murderously that she found it surprising it didn’t burst into fire yet. She then broke into a light jog and was planning to slam her body against the door to make it open. Well, it would make look badass as well, and that would make Jiyong think twice in messing with her. The thought of it made her smile. When she was just about to slam her body against the door, it was then taken from its frame by Jiyong who was just about to ask what was happening when he got cut off with Dara’s flying body.
 
And so, the door landed loudly on their side while Dara landed sweetly on top of Jiyong, who had his arms securely wrapped around her waist. Jiyong was shirtless and Dara mentally cursed herself for feeling all warmed up inside. She was angry and warmed up that she could feel just how much heat her face was giving. She planned on getting back at him but seeing the faint bruises and fresh mark of her hand on her face, she then diverted her attention to his hair. With a growl and pure determination, she grabbed handfuls of his hair and started pulling them here and there while ranting hateful words at him.
 
She was too busy letting him know how much she hates him right now that she failed to notice the small smile in his lips and the way he was rubbing his hands up and down her back as if comforting her.
 
Panting real hard, she pushed herself up in a sitting position and started hitting his chest with his hands while still sputtering hate words towards his direction. Jiyong then pushed himself up in a sitting position as well with his hand firmly planted on the ground to support himself.
 
“. . . did you hear that?! I HATE YOU!!!”
 
Dara felt like a burden has been taken off from her shoulders as she vented everything on Jiyong. With her chest heaving up and down, she continuously glared at him. It was then that she noticed that playful smirk on his lips. When she calmed down a bit and her head was not pounding with anger anymore, understanding then dawned on her. Her head immediately went down and her eyes widened upon seeing their position.
 
She was straddling him!
 
“I. . . you. . .” she stammered and was about to stand up when Jiyong suddenly hugged her. “What are you doing?” she shrieked and tried to free herself from his arms but he wouldn’t let go.
 
“I’m sorry,” he whispered, his hand going up and down her back.
 
For a moment, she suddenly wanted to just close her eyes and let him comfort her, just lean her head against his chest. But then, that would not be right. “Sorry?!” she shrieked, breaking free from his embrace. “Do you really think sorry is enough for everything you’ve done?! Huh! I will never forgive you! If you’d kiss me instead, I would have considered forgiving you!” she ranted, her chest heaving up and down. They stared at each other until Dara notice the smirk slowly curving his lips. it was then that she realized what she just said. She gasped out loud then, her eyes going wide as both of her hands flew to cover , as if it was going to make a difference.
 
“I did not just say that,” she said through her hands. “I did not just say that!” she repeated, more to herself. Jiyong then bit his lower lip and she can’t help the feeling of staring at it.
 
“You did,” he said.
 
Dara blinked, dazed. She swear, she was close to leaning in and kissing him but his taunting and teasing tone broke the spell she was in. “I did not!” she denied, quickly standing up. “Forget I’ve said anything!” she added up and looked around, panicking. She panicked even more when Jiyong started standing up.  “I did not say anything!” she repeated one last time before fleeing as if her was on fire.
 
 
Jiyong laughed as he watched her run away. He was starting to think that it will take time for her to talk to him after what happened. From the years he’d known her, she used to be like that. everytime he bullies her, she would always say she hates him and would then run to Seunghyun for help. Then, later on, she’ll start talking to him again as if they were everyday playmates or they were the closest friends. He went to the door and watched as she paced here and there while talking to herself. She would sometimes pull her hair from frustration, stomp her feet or even hit her head with her fist. It was so funny and cute that he can’t help but smile.
 
He was quite determined to apologize a while ago, which he finds odd as it was never in his nature to apologize. But then, the image of her tears haunted him that he just couldn’t keep still. Ah, Kwon Jiyong you’re getting soft, he mentally chided.
 
With a smirk on his lips, he started heading her way. but she seemed to be engrossed with whatever she was doing, which was pacing here and there while muttering words to herself, that she failed to notice him approaching.
 
“Ugh!” he heard her groaned as she stopped at one other end, stomping her feet. “What is wrong with you, Sandara Park? Eh? Stupid, stupid! If you’d kiss me instead, I would have considered forgiving you! Where on earth did that come from? Ah, I must be possessed by some evil spirits to have said that! I would never, ever want to kiss him! Never! Over my dead body! But why did I say that? Stupid mouth, you should be punished! I don’t want to kiss him, no!”
 
“Really?” Jiyong asked.
 
“Yes!” Dara hissed, pacing back and forth again. “Why should I? I have a boyfriend! And I hate Kwon Jiyong! Why would I want to kiss someone I hate?”
 
 
“Erm, maybe because he’s a good kisser?”
 
She paused for a moment and tilted her head to the side. “He’s a good kisser, all right. He can do wonders with his tongue and teeth that I never thought possible but still, that should not be a valid reason!” she exclaimed, going back to walking here and there. “But he’s really a good kisser, maybe I should. . . ah, no, no, no, no, no! Do not even think about it, Sandara Park!”
 
“Would you like to kiss him again if given the chance?”
 
“In my dreams, probably but not in reality,” she said. “Argh! No, no, no! I should not even think of kissing him even in my dreams! But gah, he does appear in my dreams every now and then! That arrogant jerk! He’s a jerk! Not to say rude! How dare he just invade my dreams like that! It’s rude of him to just appear in my dreams out of nowhere and starts flirting with me! That guy doesn’t know how to respect other people’s privacy and personal space!”
 
“Ah. . . so you dream of naughty things about him?” Jiyong asked, totally enjoying Dara’s seemingly subsconscious revelations.
 
“It’s not me who’s doing naughty things! It’s him!” she exclaimed and started to turn around to face him. “He always –!” she stopped upon seeing him. Her eyes grew wide. “You. . . . !”
 
“What did I do wrong now?” he asked, a smug look on his face. “I was just asking questions. . . it’s not my fault if you’ve answered them truthfully, is it?”
 
“You. . . you’re a trickster! You must’ve hypnotized me in saying those. . . those. . . repulsive things!”
 
“So. . . I’m a good kisser, huh?”
 
Dara started stepping back when he started moving forward. “Don’t go near me!”
 
He wasn’t fazed. “Hmm, I kind of forgot how good I was at kissing,” he said with an innocent, almost childish-like expression. “Would you mind reminding me?”
 
She shook her head frantically. “Stay where you are, Kwon Jiyong or else. . . !”
 
“Or else what?”
 
“I’m warning you, Jiyong! If you come close to me, I’ll cut that. . . that thing that will produce a dozen jerks like you!”
 
“Ah. . . .” Jiyong smiled. “I didn’t know you wanted to meet my greatest and most prized treasure! You should have just told me then! I didn’t know that being shirtless wasn’t good enough for you.”
 
“Ya!”
 
“You should have told me that you prefer me without my pants rather than shirtless. But it’s better late than never, right?”
 
“What are you doing?!” Dara asked in a scandalized tone as she saw him started ing his jeans. He was already shirtless for goodness’ sake and he’s now taking his pants off?
 
Jiyong watched in amusement as Dara stood there looking paralyzed but her eyes were following the movements of his fingers. When he was in the process of taking down his pants, he saw her slightly tiptoed with her eyes zoomed in on his thing that will produce jerks like him. “Dara, you don’t have to tiptoe like that to take a look. You’re making him excited.”
 
“I did not!” she vehemently denied, her face flaming red.
 
Jiyong was now left with only his boxers on. “Can you take this off for me?”
 
Her eyes widened. “No way!”
 
“Are you sure?” he asked, slowly advancing on her again.
 
“Y-yes. . .” she squeaked then cleared . “Absolutely.”
 
“Hmm. . .” he thoughtfully murmured. She was just an arm’s length now so he lifted an arm and caresses her bare arm with a finger. His eyes narrowed at the sight of her body trembling under his touch. “Wrong move, darling,” he growled and was about to haul her in her arms when she suddenly sprinted away from him and started screaming.
 
He blinked at her running figure before laughing out loud. “Ah. . . so you want to play, huh? Scream all you want, sweetheart. No one’s going to hear you except me. Are you actually practicing your screams for later? ‘Coz baby, I’m going to make you scream until you lose your voice.”
 
“I HATE YOU SO MUCH YOU JERK!!!” she screamed back.
 
He walked at first, and then started jogging until he finally broke into a run. Dara decided to go into the forest so forest it is. He knew he looked rather stupid chasing a girl with only his boxers on. But then, seeing her trying to hide her laughter as she tries to run away from him was somewhat entertaining. He wasn’t sure when it started. All he knew was that at first, she was running away from him and sputtering hate words at him again. Somewhere along the chasing, she stopped saying hate words but instead, started laughing. She would even shriek a giggle everytime he almost had her.
 
Then, he saw her hide behind a large tree. He saw her peek through the left then hid again. With a smile, he made a detour and years of training and punishment, he made sure that he would not make any sounds.
 
As he rounded up, he saw her peeking through the large tree with her back on him. He slowly went to her direction without making any sounds. The girl was totally oblivious. “Gotcha!” he whispered in her ear, making her scream and jump on her place. He then placed his hands on either side of her head.
 
“You scared the hell out of me!” she said, clutching her chest with her hand.
 
“So. . .” he said, leaning closer. “I’ve caught you, it’s time to claim my prize.”
 
“P-prize? W-what prize?”
 
He just smirked and leaned in closer again. His lips were slightly. He breathed through his mouth and he felt her shiver when the air blew her way. The sight of her slightly parted lips was setting him on the edge. But then, her cute little tongue darted out to wet her lips but since their lips were almost touching, the tip of her tongue slightly touched his upper lip that it made them both looked up at each other’s eyes. Then, at the same time, their eyes went back to each other’s lips.
 
He desperately wanted to kiss her already but he did not want to make the first move. He wanted her to do it first. He bit his lower lip down in an attempt to stop himself from kissing her but then, since her eyes were on his lips, the sight of it brought some tingling sensation inside her that needed to be soothed.
 
Their lips touched, just the softest touch but still, they connected. Dara’s eyes closed at once the same time she parted for the kiss. She was sure about her feelings for Seunghyun so why was she letting this happen? She was certain that she wants to be with Seunghyun so why was she craving for his touch, for his kiss? And why was her heart beating so hard against her chest right now?
 
Her hands went to his hair and she pulled him closer to deepen the kiss. A soft moan escaped her as his tongue darted out and started doing wonders inside . She tiptoed and reveled on the warmth coming from his almost body. She loved the feel of his skin against hers.
 
She felt like she was going to explode. He was a good kisser, that was a taken but she wanted more. When the need for air came, she broke the kiss and but kept her arms around him. They both looked at each other as they tried catching their breaths.
 
“Jiyong. . .” she whispered as she leaned forward ad captured his lips in hers again. She should stop. She should stop herself from responding but she can’t. How can she stop something she desperately needed and wanted? She knew there will be consequences but she just couldn’t be bothered about it right now. Her mind was solely focused on him - his mouth moving sinfully against hers, his tongue sweetly battling with hers, his teeth playfully nibbling once in a while and his hands enticingly leaving tingles on her skin.
 
Somewhere along the way, her conscience nagged at her. “We should stop. . .” she whispered with her eyes closed and head tilted to the side. Jiyong was now exploring her neck.
 
“Hmm. . .” he murmured. “Yes, we should,” he agreed but showed no signs of stopping.
 
Words would not be enough to describe how much she was enjoying what he was doing to her. Her mind was in a haze and she just wanted to be where she was and never moved. On that moment, she then realized that she was attracted to Kwon Jiyong.
 
The realization made her eyes opened. With a gasp, she pushed him away. In her mind, a battle was going on as reality was biting hard into her skin while another part of her was still denying the fact that she was attracted to him. How can that be when all he ever did was bully her?
 
He bullied you over and over again, yes. But you always crave for his attention that even if you knew he’s going to bully you, you still talk to him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-------
An update y'all!
 
@princesscc01 - don't be sad anymore.. (thanks for the banner for this chap)