3. Hand in Yours

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hand in yours Chapter 3

 

──────────── ♡❤♡ ────────────

HANA

──────────── ♡❤♡ ────────────



 

“This is just a scratch, Hana. Yuri can go back to the game. Fortunately, her arm isn’t dislocated or something.” The nurse insisted, but Hana was pouting. She just doesn’t want to go back to the game, because her brain seems to be functioning now and she realized what she had done in front of everyone. She can’t believe that she overreacted like that in front of a lot of people.

 

It’s a miracle that she hasn’t melted into a puddle right now, especially with the way how Yuri looks so smug right now.

 

‘What the hell am I going to do now? I would never hear the end of it’ Her brain might explode from over thinking.

 

“Chill, baby. I would not die from this scratch.” Yuri joked but Hana is not listening. “Hey… are you okay? I’m seriously fine. I need to get back to the game.”

 

“Oh… uhm. Okay. You go. I’ll probably go home now.” Hana responded, her trance broken.

 

“No, you won’t. You need to me back to the gym.” Yuri whined and pouted.

 

“Unnie!” The girl that Hana saw that was clinging to Yuri earlier was running towards them with a serious expression. She also saw how Yuri changed her expression. She now looked calm and collected, unlike how she was complaining like a child just seconds ago. The girl who just arrived went straight to Yuri, and it looks like she was purposely ignoring Hana.

 

“Yuna!” Yuri said, opening her arms wide for a hug.

 

“Are you okay? Mama called, that's why I only arrived just now.” The girl called Yuna said with a pout.

 

‘Ohh… so they are so close that Yuna was already calling Auntie Dahyun ‘Mama’ as well?’ Hana thought.

 

“And what did you tell her? This is not a big deal, Yuna. It’s just a scratch.”

 

“Even so! I was scared to death—”

 

The two girls stopped arguing when they heard a soft cough.

 

Yuna turned around and raised her eyebrows, “Do you need anything?”

 

“Yuna!” Yuri said, raising her voice a little.

 

Yuna looked shocked which made Hana get confused. “It’s fine, Yuri. I think I'll just probably go.” She said with a small smile. She doesn’t want any more complications, and she really just wanted to make sure that Yuri’s okay, and seeing that Yuna’s already here, then she could go home like she planned earlier.

 

She was about to turn around when she felt hand holding hers, making her stop. She looked at the owner of the hands, and she saw Yuri’s eyes begging her not to go. “Please. I’ll just talk to Yuna for a bit. Please? Please?”

 

Hana felt like she didn't have a choice so she sat on the clinic couch and made herself comfortable, while Yuri wrapped her arms around Yuna’s shoulder, gently guiding her outside the clinic. She’s curious to know what the other two are probably talking about and why she has to wait for them, but opted to stay put. She doesn’t want to be the cause of Yuna and Yuri’s fight.

 

She pulled her phone out and scrolled through social media, and just like how she imagined, her notifications were full of tags and messages from her friends. They are all talking about how she suddenly jumped in and helped Yuri with her injury.

 

Not to mention that she was not even on the nearest bench, she was at least a couple flights of stairs away.

 

 

Suddenly, the door opened and with it came Yuri and Yuna who’s definitely smiling at each other now. Hana had the urge to roll her eyes but she stopped herself. She doesn’t want to look rude in front of anyone. “My friends say that you need to go back to the game. Apparently, the other match was bumped to play first, so that they could wait for you.”

 

“Yuna, go back to the court please. We’ll follow you shortly.” Yuri then kissed Yuna’s forehead and hugged her, she can see how Yuna lit up after that as she hugged Yuri back and kissed her by the cheeks before going out of the room. Hana was about to protest saying that Yuna should just accompany her back to the gym, but the girl was already outside before she could say anything.

 

“I really need to go. You seem okay, and the nurse said that it’s nothing serious, so you better get back to the game so that they can finish the tryouts.” Hana said as Yuri turned around to look at her.

 

“What if I get injured again? I need you to be there for me, please?” Yuri’s giving her puppy eyes. She didn’t know that this person who was always looking so brave, and who was able to defend her multiple times is capable of trying to look cute to get what she wants, and she definitely looked too damn good doing it.

 

This is bad.

 

As much as she just wants the ground to swallow her, she might as well just get this over with. Her friends would definitely go to their house and there if they would not be able to do so right now.

 

“Please?”

 

Hana sighed, and just nodded.

 

“Okay, let’s go.” Hana walked towards the door, but felt that Yuri was not following her so she turned around to look at what she’s doing. Yuri was just pouting and looking at her with her hand stretched. What am I supposed to do with that?

 

“What now?”

 

“Walk with me, please? My arm still hurts, you know.” Yuri said, pouting a little more.

 

Hana took a very deep breath before she walked back to Yuri and held her arms. She purposely avoided holding her hand despite Yuri’s offer, because that will definitely not look good in the eyes of the crowd. She would not add more fuel to the fire that she herself started in the first place.

 

Yuri surely took her time, walking slowly while grinning from ear to ear.

 

“You’re enjoying this.” Hanna accused, her eyes narrowing.

 

“Of course, I am always happy when you’re beside me.” Yuri answered, while looking directly at Hana’s eyes. Her brain is screaming that she should stay away because Yuri’s just teasing her, but deep inside, she felt the sincerity in Yuri’s words.

 

“Whatever.” Hana muttered under her breath and focused on walking.

 

As soon as they arrived, the whole gymnasium went silent, even though the last minute of the game was being played. Hana’s pretty sure that they are looking at how she’s holding Yuri's arm. She forced herself to look forward, not minding everyone’s stares.

 

“You should just stay beside Yuna.” Yuri whispered to her as soon as they both reached the bench. She needed to go to her team as their game would resume after this.

 

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

 

Yuri just nodded and stretched her arms, smirking towards their opponents. She followed her instructions and took a quick glance towards her friends who were whisper-shouting and forcing her to go back to her original seat, but she would rather sit beside Yuna who obviously hates her rather than be mobbed by her friends.

 

“Alright! Let’s resume the game!” The coach called as soon as the last match finished since he saw that Yuri’s ready to get back to the game. Hana realized how her actions delayed the tryouts.

 

Yuri her hair, and accepted the fistbump from Charlee on their way over to the court. Yuri might not be in her best condition, but hopefully they would still be able to finish it with a win. The rest of their team crowded around Yuri, as they talked about their play.

 

“Stop stressing about your girlfriend.” I did not notice that my brother’s already beside me. “Are you already together? Is that why you asked me about her last time?”

 

Hana chewed up her bottom lip, “Oppa! That’s absurd.”

 

“Don’t worry about Yuri. It looks like she basically outshot everyone here.” Her brother continued reassuring her.

 

I scoffed, “Yeah? Even you?”

 

Her brother chuckled, “Well, obviously not. But I will teach her everything that I know.”

 

“You are a modest one, huh.” Hana snorted.

 

DoHyun looked at the girl beside her and said, “Hi Yuna!”

 

“Oppa!”

 

Hana was surprised because of how casually Yuna called her brother. “Do you know each other?”

 

“Of course, she’s Yuri’s sister. The Kims brought them along a couple of times during meetings, saying that they needed to go afterwards. So, naturally, when I was around, I would be the babysitter for Yuna.” Her brother explained as he winked at Yuna.

 

Her brother stood up, and patted the top of her head before going to where Mirai-unnie was. She saw how her brother wrapped his arms around Mirai’s waist as he kissed her by the temple. They really looked so in love, and she wonders how it feels to love someone and be close to someone like that.

 

Hana glanced over to Yuri who was looking over the other team. Her eyes scanned over the players on the other team, searching for the one player who injured her earlier. Once her eyes caught the girl she was looking for, her grin widened, almost into a predatory gaze.

 

Jiyeon. Hana knew that player because she was famous. She plays well too. And even though a lot of her teammates were amazing, she would definitely catch your attention. And she bet that Yuri knows about her too, that’s why she looks like she can’t wait to go up against her again. It was something that she noticed about basketball players, they seem to love competition so much.

 

I hope that Yuri won’t get too cocky.

 

“My sister may look a little arrogant when she’s inside the court, but she’s definitely one of the softest outside it. I’m pretty sure that you know how good a player my sister is, but it’s not only her who made sure that they win every championship. All of them are good, and if you underestimate them, they’ll run you over.” Yuna suddenly said seriously without looking at Hana.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter