9. Friendship

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
FRIENDSHIP Chapter 9

 

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

HANA

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

 

 

Everything was a blur after that.

 

Yuri joined them on the stage as per Mrs. Lee’s request and then the crowd started to applaud and cheer for them more. Hana and her friends hugged each other and wiped each other’s tears as if they won the highest award today.

 

But for them, they were just happy that their plan of making more memories through the music club would definitely come true now.

 

Mrs. Lee told them to wait at the changing room which they did.

 

She felt someone tapping her shoulders and when she turned around, it was Yuri. “So… Can we hang out later?”

 

“I thought you’ll be hanging out with your friend?”

 

“Yup!” Yuri said proudly.

 

“Oh, then have fun with her.” Hana responded and tried to turn around only to be stopped by Yuri.

 

“You. You’re the friend that I’m referring to.” Yuri pouted.

 

“I haven’t agreed to be friends with you though.” Hana replied sharply.

 

“No fair! I played the piano for everyone else because I was told that I couldn’t play it just for one person.” Yuri sighed.

 

“What are you saying now?” Hana looked at Yuri’s pouting face, confused by the statement.

 

“I asked Mrs. Lee if I could play for one person, but she said that it would be unfair so I just played for them all. But I originally just wanted to play the piano for you.” Yuri admitted.

 

Hana looked around if someone else was listening to their conversation because it feels like this information shouldn’t be known to everyone. “Why’d you do that? Did Mrs. Lee knows who you wanted to play for?”

 

“Of course not. I asked for approval first, but then she declined, so I just played for everyone.” Yuri answered, still pouting and sighing.

 

“What would you do if I didn’t apologize earlier?”

 

“Well the only reason why you’re not allowed to watch is because I asked Mrs. Lee about it, so it will be a surprise, since you already apologized and I assumed that we were somehow at least civil with each other? You know? But if we’re not on good terms, then Mrs. Lee would’ve definitely announced that I will be the pianist for today.” Yuri explained in detail.

 

Honestly, Hana was overwhelmed by the thought out plan that Yuri prepared. Not that she’s surprised because she knows what lengths the girl can do, but because she’s doing it for her specifically. “How’d you get in the music club anyway?”

 

“I joined here first before joining the basketball team. No one knows about it because I talked to Mrs. Lee early.”

 

“JAE!” Nia screamed which startled everyone including the owner of the name. “Jae! Tell me some nice words right now. Yuri told something so sweet to Hana earlier and I want to hear something like that from you too.” Nia demanded.

 

“I—uh…” Jae glared at Yuri as if blaming her for the situation that she’s in right now. “You’re beautiful?” Jae said as if she’s asking a question.

 

“That’s the best thing that you can come up with? I already know that! Hmp!” Nia glared at Jae before turning around to leave the girl dumbfounded.

 

“What did I do now?” Jae whispered-shouted to Yuri which the latter responded with a shrug, then she gestured for Jae to get out of the room because technically they are not allowed to go in here.

 

“Hey, Nia. Give my friend a break. She might get in trouble for entering this room, and she did it anyway for you.” Yuri said as soon as Jae closed the door.” Yuri pleaded in Jae's case. “She’s a good friend and you’re the first person that she had a crush—”

 

“Aw! Why are you pinching me?” Yuri protested, glaring at Hana.

 

“Are you really Jae’s friend? Why are you spilling that information in front of a lot of people?” Hana continued to hit her arm.

 

“Oh…” Yuri chuckled as it dawned on her that a lot of people were inside the room with them. “Jae will kill me.”

 

“And I will help her.” Hana added as she stuck her tongue out at Yuri.

 

Yuri whined some more before Mrs. Lee arrived and talked to them about the Music Club house rules, schedules and other important things that they needed to know. They were also informed that it’s okay to join other clubs because not everyone will be joining each and every activity and that the main goal of the club is to encourage students to explore their musical abilities and most importantly to learn to interact with people of the same interests.

 

“I’m so glad that we now have a common club!” Ruby Jane clung on Yuri’s arm as soon as Mrs. Lee dismissed all of them.

 

“And that is my cue to leave.” Hana whispered to herself as she joined her friends in exiting the room.

 

“Wait!” Yuri called Hana, as she removed Ruby Jane’s hand to reach for Hana’s.

 

“I’ll be waiting for you later. Until what time will you stay at the campus?” Yuri asked Hana in a low voice.

 

“I’m not sure yet. I’ll find out later.” Hana briefly responded.

 

“I’ll walk you to your room.”

 

Hana’s eyebrows raised as she looked at Ruby Jane’s disappointed face. “You should accompany your other friends. I don’t want them to think that I’m keeping you all to myself.”

 

Yuri’s face contorted into a frown but Hana stuck to her word, and followed her friends. While Ruby Jane took this opportunity to clung onto Yuri’s arms again.

 

───────── ⬦⬧⬦ ─────────



 

“Hi! Congratulations. You were great up there.” Jiyeon greeted Hana as they saw each other in the hallway. Hana’s friends looked at the two skeptically since this is the first time that they saw both of them act friendly towards each other.

 

“It seems that there’s another thing that we don’t know about Hana again.” Nia complained with a groan.

 

Jiyeon scratched her head at this statement, not sure what to do next. “Hi! I’m Jiyeon.” She then bowed towards the other four girls.

 

“Yeah, we know.” Jia replied curtly. “Should we wait for you?” She then directed her question to Hana.

 

“Uhm. I’ll just catch up?” Hana responded shyly.

 

“Sure. Come on, girls.” Jia told her friends while the others reluctantly followed with Nia glaring at Hana who gave her a quick smile and a peace sign.

 

“Why didn’t you leave with them?”

 

“Where are you going?” Hana asked, ignoring Jiyeon’s question.

 

“I’m going back to the gym. I just watched your performance, then I went to my lockers to get my food before going back to practice. You? Any plans after you nailed the auditions?” Jiyeon inquired.

 

“Nothing in particular, actually. We’re just going back to our room to rest, I think.” Hana replied. “Wait… a bento box?”

 

“Uh… yeah?” Jiyeon chuckled nervously.

 

“What’s inside?”

 

“Uhmm…” Jiyeon was hesitant to let Hana see what’s inside.

 

“Come on, let me see.” Hana reached for the lunch box and gently opened it, careful not to drop it. There were vegetables, rolled cheesy egg omelette, chicken nuggets but the rice… is shaped like a dog. Decorated delicately as if done by a professional. Hana looked up at Jiyeon and stared, before laughing loudly. “Wah, you’re still a kid at heart, huh? You’re so cool looking when you’re playing basketball, but your bento box says otherwise.”

 

 

Another thing that people didn’t know about Jiyeon? She likes cute things. Maybe that’s why she likes… No.

 

“Hey, are you insulting my bento making skills?” Jiyeon asked, trying to act insulted.

 

“You did this?” Hana asked, surprised. “Daebak! You’re really something else.”

 

“See? I’m not sure if you’re just mocking me or what.”

 

“I’m trying to compliment you, dummy.” Hana rolled her eyes. “By the way, where are you eating that?”

 

“At the gym?” Jiyeon replied, not sure why Hana was asking.

 

“Why are you already training so hard?” Hana asked as she looped her hand on Jiyeon’s arms, obviously wanting to accompany her to the gym.

 

“I think…” Jiyeon started thoughtfully. “I think our coach really wanted us to be in our top shape to get the championship.” She answered finally. Hana hummed, silently hitting herself for asking such an obvious question. “I hope that when we play, you’ll still cheer for me, and you won’t let your crush with Kim Yuri stop you from doing so.” Jiyeon pointed, and Hana nearly tripped.

 

“Excuse me? What the hell did you just say?” she asked with an embarrassed tone, a light blush covering her cheeks but Hana defended internally that it’s because of shock or irritation.

 

“I see, in denial. Okay.” Jiyeon replied as if talking to herself.

 

“Yah!” Hana complained as she hit Jiyeon’s arms.

 

“If you don’t cheer for me during the games, I’ll kick you out of this friendship.” Jiyeon jokes.

 

“You’re both my friends! Wait— we’re friends now?”

 

To be honest, Hana was amused by how Jiyeon’s not really that flustered when talking to her. She continued to , unlike so many others who treat her as if she’s on another level, when they are all just students. Some even purposely avoid her and her friends, saying that they might get in trouble if they upset one of them.

 

“Hmmm, if you say so.” Jiyeon shrugged.

 

 

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

YURI

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

 

Yuri’s mood deflated more when she saw Hana laughing and talking with Jiyeon as they entered the gym. She bet that Hana didn’t even realize that she’s here or she did but she just doesn’t care. Oh, is that why she doesn’t want to hangout with me?

 

Yuri just sighed, and returned to her shooting, trying not to be distracted by the newcomers, but every once in a while, she was stealing glances and everytime that she does, she sees how happy Hana is with Jiyeon, and she’s suddenly envious. Why can’t she treat me like that?

 

“Yuri-yah.” Ruby Jane suddenly approached her mid-shot.

 

She sighed, “Yes?”

 

“Can you teach me how to shoot?”

 

She glanced at Hana again for a second before nodding, the girl is still talking animatedly with Jiyeon. Ruby Jane however seemed excited as she showed her gummy smile. Whatever, I just want more friends anyway.

 

“So, how do you do it?”

 

“Stand here.” Yuri instructed Ruby Jane which the girl immediately followed. “Then you lift the ball like this.”

 

Ruby Jane clumsily lifted the ball then threw it towards the ring but came up short. Yuri chuckled at the scenario. She quickly ran towards the ball and went back to their original spot. “You need to estimate your force and use your knees for that, like this.” Yuri took the ball and bent her knees as she smoothly threw the ball which, of course, went in.

 

“Daebak! You’re really a good player!” Ruby Jane complimented her. Yuri took the ball again and gave it to Ruby Jane who’s somehow practicing her pose.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter