28. Let Loose

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
LET LOOSE Chapter 28

 

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

YURI

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

 

 

Although she’s always been positive that Hana’s parents would eventually warm up to her again, she never thought that she would be able to step inside their home this soon.

 

Hana’s mama was sipping her coffee while keeping an eye on Yuri, and the package that she brought.

 

“Did you eat your breakfast?”

 

“Not yet, ma’am. I wanted to eat with Hana, if that’s okay w-with you?” Yuri asked, undoubtedly scared.

 

“Hmmm… let me think.” Dahyun proceeds on standing up and approaching Yuri, and she must admit that her heart is pounding so hard inside her chest. A hand touched her shoulder and she tried so hard not to flinch as she looked up at the head of Kim's house.

 

A big smile on Dahyun’s face was shown, as relief also filled Yuri’s body, “Of course. You’re welcome to eat here. As long as you are true to your promise of taking care of my daughter.”

 

The way it was said was both comforting and threatening at the same time.

 

She smiled too, and nodded her head. “I will do my best, ma’am.”

 

“Psh, nonsense. Are we in the military? Just call me Aunt Dahyun again.”

 

“Thank you, Auntie…”

 

“What’s this? Are you threatening Yuri?” Hana suddenly appeared.

 

“Of course not! Yuri? Threatened? This kid has the strongest resolve I have ever seen.” Her aunt Dahyun said, before going back to her seat and to her coffee.

 

“My mom said that I inherited it from my mama.”

 

“Not surprising, especially knowing about what happened. But I must say that it’s something that all loving parents would do.”

 

“Stop this gloomy talk, guys.” Her aunt Sana said before kissing her wife’s cheeks. “How are you doing these days, sweetie?”

 

“I’m feeling better now that I can taste the cooking of my prettiest aunt again.” Yuri beamed at the woman which made Sana blush. All of her worries disappeared and her usual playful self is showing again in front of her second parents.

 

“Hey! Why are you making a move on my wife?” Her aunt Dahyun said while pulling Sana by the waist instinctively while still sitting which made the latter giggle, “My wife is mine.”

 

Yuri held up both of her hands and said, “I won’t dream of getting in the way of your greatest love, Auntie, besides, I’m happy with the one I have.” before holding Hana’s hand and kissing the back of it.

 

Even so, her aunt Dahyun was still glaring at her until her aunt Sana decided to kiss the former on her lips.

 

Hana’s protest was the loudest, “Mom! Gross!”

 

“Uh-huh, as if you’re not kissing this kid here.” her aunt Sana teased.

 

“You already kissed?!” Dahyun suddenly stood up and glared at Yuri again.

 

“Uhmm…”

 

“Kim Yuri!!!”

 

───────── ⬦⬧⬦ ─────────

 

Yuri hated that she felt this way, but they’d been dating for a month now and Hana’s schedule was filling up more and more, leaving less time for her to spend with Yuri. Hana being part of the student council, an overly enthusiastic member of the debate teams and science club, as well as the one who has the most beautiful voice in the school’s music club. And right now, Yuri was glaring at Hana’s back, watching her read over the noticeboard in the school hallway.

 

It was covered in posters and sign up sheets for every extra curricular a school could possibly have, and Yuri wasn’t even sure why Hana was reading it when almost half of it was something that she herself posted— how did she even have time to read them?

 

Whilst Yuri continuously fetches Hana on a daily basis, it had been over a week since they’d actually managed to spend any time together, just the two of them. So, even though the middle of their school hallway was not an ideal location, Yuri wasn’t going to let the opportunity pass her.

 

Sneaking up behind Hana, she wound her arms around her girlfriend’s waist and pressed her face snugly against the side of her neck, subtly breathing in the combination of Hana’s favorite perfume and her natural scent that she’d grown to love. She felt the moment Hana relaxed back into her, a happy sigh falling from her lips.

 

“Whatcha doin’?” Yuri asked, pressing a quick kiss on Hana’s shoulder.

 

Hana turned in her arms, hooking her own around Yuri’s neck, her trademark heart-eyes smile already lighting up her face, “There you are, I missed you.”

 

Yuri’s line of sight dropped immediately to Hana’s lips, a telltale sign that she wanted to kiss the girl. But they’d been gently reminded by Hana’s parents a few times about PDA, and had been warned about the possibility of Hana’s mama dragging Yuri away from her. But it seemed that the reward outweighed the risk, so Yuri leaned in and let herself sink into the feeling of home she found here.

 

When she pulled away not long after the kiss had started, Hana was pouting and looking a little dazed.

 

“Mmm, so what are we doing here?” Yuri asked, gesturing to the notice board behind them.

 

Hana just continued to pout, “I missed you too, Hana. You’re the very best girlfriend in the whole world, I miss you even when you’re right here,” Hana suggested, seemingly not picking up on Yuri’s internal dismay over the goddamn piece of notice board that was ruining her life.

 

“Of course, baby. You’re the best.” Yuri agreed. “So, what is it this time? A knitting club? A business mentorship club? Or are you trying to open another make-all-of-Hana’s-time-for-Yuri-lesser club?”

 

“Oh! A knitting club sounds fun!” Hana grinned, eyes wide.

 

The facial expression Yuri returned to her was one of her best ‘if looks could kill’ glares. Although the intention was for her to finally take the hint, Hana barely blinked.

 

“What?” Hana giggled. “If you ever came to a knitting club with me I wouldn’t need a club.”

 

Yuri rolled her eyes so hard it almost hurt. “You know as well as I do that I at anything related to stitches, most especially knitting.”

 

In fact, Yuri was confident in her ability to piss Hana off in case she would be insisting on doing that activity with her, not because she wouldn’t be able to learn it, but because she’s seriously about to take Charlee’s bet that she should complain so violently about having lesser time with Hana.

 

“They’re taking signups for the school dance committee,” Hana explained, turning back around to point at the pink, glittery poster and sign up sheet pinned to the wall.

 

Oh, god.

 

Yuri was able to at the very least pretend to be a supportive girlfriend when it came to Hana’s extracurricular activities, because she was actually good at them. And she was actually the one who wanted Hana to explore more of what she can do. But what she didn’t foresee was that it would take up all of her girlfriend’s time. And if she’s going to be honest, she could possibly fill a whole room of people who would want to be part of organizing a dance.

 

She’s really running out of ways to avoid spending time with me, Yuri’s brain supplied unhelpfully.

 

“Oh… And you want to join? That sounds fun…” Yuri asked, wincing at the high pitch of her voice.

 

Hana nodded enthusiastically. “It could be! I’m sure that my friends would love to be part of it, and it would probably be a rewarding experience. Since they’d basically let the students do whatever they want—pick a theme, pick the food, pick the decorations, all of it!” she grinned.

 

Yuri smiled back, although smaller and more pained, because she was defenseless against that smile. “Okay, well if you think it’s a good idea.” Yuri offered, deciding on blinded support rather than brutal honesty.

 

“I think it’s a great idea. This is going to be the best dance yet, I can just feel it.”

 

The ring of the bell echoed through the hall, interrupting Yuri’s internal monologue of sincere, disturbed doubt.

 

“Oh! I’ve gotta run to rehearsal! Are we still on for tonight?” Hana asked, keeping hold of Yuri’s outstretched hand for as long as she could while she backed away.

 

“Yeah, your mama already agreed to it.”

 

“Alrighty, then. Meet you at my locker. Wait for me, okay?”

 

“Of course, baby.”

 

───────── ⬦⬧⬦ ─────────

 

See, the thing is, Yuri should never be left alone with her own thoughts.

 

It very rarely ends well. She and Hana had been together for just about over a month, but they had been friends since they were kids, even if they rarely hung out before, and Hana should have really figured it out by now and never let Yuri be alone, ever. Because all through homeroom, all through first and second period, through lunch and through every single class of the day, and all through their ride back to her house, Yuri had thought and thought and thought and over-thought some more.

 

She thought about why Hana even checked the notice board when they already have to carve time out of her schedule to spend together a week in advance. She thought about why Hana would ever even consider joining another activity when she already has too much work on her plate.

 

She thought about how much Hana must not want to spend time with her for her to sign up for the school dance committee. Then, she thought about how selfish and clingy and jealous she was being, and how much better Hana deserved. Better than this, better than her. She’d somehow made it four weeks without realizing it, and Yuri knew her days were numbered, and that Hana would wake up and figure it out any day now. Or maybe not. Maybe she’d be too busy to think about anything, especially Yuri.

 

See? Yuri should never be left alone with her thoughts.

 

She pulled herself out of her self-loathing trance to see Hana staring at her for the nth time that afternoon. They were supposed to be studying, but it had been quiet and weird and Hana kept looking at her.

 

“Okay, what?” Yuri sighed, throwing down her pencil with a huff.

 

Hana jumped at the sudden outburst, squinting at Yuri like she would make more sense if she just looked harder. “What, what?” Hana questioned.

 

“You’re looking at me,” Yuri sighed.

 

A small smile crept over Hana’s features. “You’re just too nice to look at. You’re really pretty. And cute. Especially when you’re in a mood.”

 

“I’m not in a mood,” Yuri grumbled, accidentally crossing her arms across her chest like a petulant toddler. A fact which Hana apparently found amusing.

 

“You’re in a mood, and usually I can figure out why, but I’m coming up blank,” Hana replied, still watching Yuri carefully, like she could explode at any moment.

 

“So now you’re trying to diagnose this alleged ‘mood’, Dr. Kim? I didn’t realize you’d added ‘after school shrink’ to your list of extracurricular activities.”

 

“I’m just trying to figure out what it is you’ve been about to say the whole week. The last time you stopped yourself looked physically painful,” Hana prompted.

 

“Alright, well if you were a doctor you would not be a very good one because I’m not in a mood and I’m not saying anything because everything is fine!” Yuri huffed.

 

“How could I argue with such a display of everything being fine?” Hana deadpanned, apparently not getting the hint that Yuri didn’t want to talk about it.

 

“Hana,” Yuri warned.

 

“Yuri,” Hana sighed.

 

“Everything is fine,” Yuri repeated, huffing less than the last time.

 

“Baby… why can’t you just talk to me?” Hana asked, pressing the palms of her hands against her temples in frustration.

 

Yuri looked at her, Hana looked back.

 

Hana knew Yuri was calculating whether she was going to come back with sincerity or more bickering, and Yuri knew that Hana knew that’s what she was thinking.

 

“I’ve been talking to you for the last five minutes. I’m talking to you right now,” Yuri offered quietly.

 

“That’s… that’s not what I meant and you know it,” Hana cautioned. By this point, any amusement Hana had been finding in the situation earlier had been well and truly drained.

 

“Okay, well, now who’s in the mood?” Yuri pointed out, because things had already started rolling down a very steep hill and nothing was going to stop it now.

 

“Now, we’re both in a mood because you won’t tell me what’s wrong!” Hana snapped. “You’ve been upset with me for a week and I don’t know why and you won’t tell me!”

 

Hana’s voice was raised, and she didn’t do that often. She was the calm, level-headed one who thinks it’s cute when Yuri sulks. As annoying as that was, Yuri preferred it over this.

 

“There’s nothing to tell,” she whispered, looking anywhere but Hana.

 

“Yuri, I’m not an idiot and you’re not exactly subtle. You’ve been weird with me since I had to cancel our movie night for the student council meeting, and when I tried to talk to you about it, you assured me that it was fine. But it doesn’t feel fine! It feels like you’re pulling back and I don’t know why! You’re my girlfriend, and all I ever want to do is spend time with you and talk to you, but you won’t talk to me, and I don’t know why,” Hana tried to explain, her distress evident. And Hana in distress usually breaks Yuri’s heart, but right now she was a little blinded with burning, jealous rage.

 

“If all you want to do is spend time with me, why are you signing up for more things that mean we have less time together?!” she shouted back. She could feel the string of tears forming in her eyes and she hated it.

 

Hana was still looking at her as if she had two heads.

 

“What?” Hana squeaked. “What things, what are you talking about?”

 

“You’re always busy!” Yuri cried, letting the physical and metaphorical floodgates open. “And I hate it! I hate that I’m jealous and needy and clingy! You shouldn’t have to not do the things you love just because I can’t handle being alone more afternoons than not. So I deal with it, because it’s not fair for me to say anything! I’m the one with the problem, it’s not your problem, it’s not about you, that’s why I don’t want to bother you with it. I’m the one who needs to get over it, and I’m trying! God, I’m trying! But then you go and check the noticeboard literally every single morning, like you need more things to take up your time. Like you don’t have enough. Like I’m not enough,” she sniffed.

 

She was red in the face and breathing hard. Her eyes narrowed, glaring at anywhere but Hana. Her words bounced around the otherwise empty room with the weight of each clipped and hurtful word.

 

Yuri can hardly remember when exactly she felt this way. At some point, she knows that she will burst if she continues to hide away what she feels. Even though she’s trying her damnedest not to hurt Hana. is raw. She’s not sure she could say anything more even if she wanted to. There’s a salty taste in and she wonders at what point she started crying. She swipes roughly at her face, annoyed and embarrassed.

 

“Yuri…”

 

Somewhere in the middle of Yuri’s tantrum of an outburst, Hana’s entire demeanor had changed. She wasn’t looking angry anymore. She looked utterly broken. Like Yuri had broken her.

 

“No! It’s… , I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said any of that. I don’t want you to… It’s fine. I’m sorry, you’re not— I’m the one with the problem—I—” Yuri desperately tried to backtrack.

 

“Yuri, stop it!” Hana demanded, stepping closer to Yuri to take hold of her hands that were so helpfully shaking. “Stop talking. Sshh,” she whispered, wiping at the tears still leaking involuntarily from Yuri’s face. “I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry. Come here.” She embraced Yuri, squeezing as tight as she could.

 

Yuri let out an embarrassing sob into her neck.

 

“I’m sorry,” Yuri repeated. She wasn’t sure for which embarrassing thing, specifically. All of it, really.

 

“No, no. Baby, look at me,” Hana begged, pulling away from the hug to take Yuri’s face in her hands. “This isn’t just your problem, okay? It’s ours. Yours and mine, together. Us,” Hana said seriously, waiting for Yuri to nod before she continued. “But I won’t know that it’s a problem if you won’t tell me how you feel, Yuri. You know that my confidence level was so down, and now that I thought that I could do something good, I tend to try and do too many things at once and I get swept up in it and sometimes I get lost in it, but I never ever want to lose you in it. I don’t want to ever feel like you’re not the most important thing.”

 

“I shouldn’t be—” Yuri tried.

 

“You are,” Hana interrupted. “I don’t know if you should or shouldn’t be, but you are. I’d quit everything if you asked me to, Yuri. All of it. But you said it yourself, you would never ask me to. You’re not jealous or needy or clingy, no one supports me as much as you do. I never thought anyone could beat my mom as my number one cheerleader, but I think you’ve done it,” she smiled fondly, leaning in to press a kiss on Yuri’s wet cheek.

 

Yuri laughed while sniffling, which she thought was disgusting and completely incorrect to do so close to her girlfriend’s face, but Hana doesn’t seem to mind. “Don’t tell her you said that,” Yuri hiccupped.

 

“Oh, she knows,” Hana grinned, pulling Yuri’s face towards her just enough to reach her lips. She let her hands trace down from Yuri’s face, along her chest, seeking out Yuri’s hands to grab on her own. “So, uhm, this morning? With the school dance committee? I wasn’t talking about me signing up, I was talking about you…” she corrected, looking up at Yuri sheepishly.

 

Yuri blinked.

 

Huh?

 

“...me?” She confirmed.

 

“Yes, you,” Hana laughed. “I thought, I dunno, I thought that you have a great eye for that kind of stuff. You and your friends, most especially Charlee. Besides, I think it would be best if you do that instead of me, so that you can set up anything that you want to set up for us and for my friends?” Hana said suggestively.

 

“Oh… god! So, you wanted me to prepare for the school dance, for us?” Yuri reeled, embarrassed.

 

“Our school would be so lucky to experience something that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter