11. Student Council

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
STUDENT COUNCIL Chapter 11

 

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

HANA

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

 

 

You all thought that everything was smooth-sailing after that?

 

No.

 

“Yuri! Come back here!” Hana shouted as she ran after Yuri while the latter was laughing as she was being chased. She took a photo of Hana who’s zoning out, and was caught by the girl. And Yuri being Yuri refused to delete the file resulting in the chase that’s happening right now.

 

“I’ll delete it if you’re fast enough.” Yuri teased.

 

She was about to get away with it, until Jiyeon snatched the phone away from her, and since her phone was not locked, Jiyeon could’ve easily deleted it.

 

“Park Jiyeon! Don’t you dare delete it!” Yuri threatened. Jiyeon just looked at Yuri with a straight face and gave her phone to Hana who just arrived at Jiyeon’s spot, panting.

 

“Yah!” Yuri shouted again.

 

She then ran towards them, and was quick enough to snatch her phone back before Hana was able to delete it. Hana then hits Yuri's arms over and over since she still wants to have the photo deleted. Yuri stopped her hands and said, “Stop this now, and don’t ask me to delete this. Don’t worry, you look good even if you’re zoning out.” Yuri said seriously before pocketing her phone out of Hana’s reach.

 

The girl just pouted, and Yuri just wrapped her arm around Hana’s shoulders. “You’ll be late for your meeting.” she said as she tried coaxing the girl.

 

Hana pretended to go along with whatever Yuri’s saying but she slowly tried to get the phone from Yuri’s pocket. She successfully did so and Yuri was slow to understand what’s happening. But not only was Hana unable to open it because of the lock screen, she also saw something that stopped her from walking, and it is the fact that Yuri’s lock screen wallpaper is a photo that she’s so familiar with.

 

It was their photo together as a child.

 

Little by little she was getting to know the real Yuri. She disguises herself as someone who just doesn't care but that’s the complete opposite once you get to know her. She’s a real prankster, and loves to annoy the hell out of Hana like it’s some kind of weird way of her telling Hana that she cares a lot. She was always stunned when she suddenly noticed these small things out of nowhere. And she’s thankful that she gave their friendship a chance.

 

Yuri even forced to get her schedule saying that she wanted to know where she can find Hana anytime that she needs something from the girl, but all of Hana’s friends said that it was just a guise, and that Yuri just want to know where she is so that she can see her anytime that she wants to. Yuri in exchange provided her schedule too, saying that she can always call Yuri anytime that she needed her.

 

She never thought that a friend would do something like that. She also sometimes asks her friends to accompany her in case she's not around.

 

But she doesn’t mind anymore, since she’s already somehow used to Yuri’s shenanigans.

 

“Give me my phone back now, Kim Hana.” Yuri asked as she opened her hand, waiting for Hana to give the phone back.

 

Hana just sighed in surrender. And she really needed to be at the meeting now.

 

“I hate you.” Hana muttered under her breath, but Yuri still heard it.

 

“Oh, I know you do.” Yuri even winked at her. “Now, let’s go. You need to prepare for the campaign.”

 

“Do you really think that I can be the second leader of this school? When I can't even make you follow my instructions?” Hana asked Yuri for the nth time. She’s running for vice presidency along with Jia who aspires to be the president.

 

“You can do it! You’ll make a great student council vice president!” insisted Yuri. “I can be your campaign manager, so that you can boss me around.” Her brows rising and falling as if that’s supposed to entice her.

 

Hana gave her a stern knowing look. “I’d rather not, and you might just sabotage me.”

 

“You know I won’t do that.” Yuri responded genuinely. “And I don’t think Jisu and Ruby Jane would deal with what’s important just like how I think you would.”

 

Oh and yes, Ruby Jane would be running for the same spot with her other friend, Jisu, as president.

 

“Like you’d know what’s important.”

 

“Longer lunch breaks and pizza stalls?” Yuri suggested.

 

“Unbelievable.” Hana rolled her eyes as she tried to walk faster leaving Yuri behind.

 

“Oh, come on! You know that I’m just kidding.” Yuri said as she caught up and placed her arms forward protectively, effectively making sure that the boy in front who was not paying attention and just laughing at whatever it is that’s playing on his phone, would not bump into Hana. She is so close to thinking that Yuri was a former bodyguard in her former life.

 

“Watch where you’re going.” Yuri yelled while Hana smiled at the boy as she really didn't mind, but Yuri must’ve scared the student because he hurriedly bowed down, apologized and left.

 

“Stop scaring people!” Hana scolded Yuri but she just shrugged. “Also, you should go back to your practice, this will take hours.” she added once they reached the student council office.

 

“Okay.” Yuri agreed as she opened the door for Hana. “Just contact me once you’re done, or if you need any help.”

 

“Are you my personal assistant? Don’t you have better things to do?” Hana curiously asked.

 

“Nah, I’m done with my activities and no one could still beat me during practice, so I’m good.” Yuri proudly said.

 

“Still!” Hana protested, raising both of her hands in exasperation.

 

“Bye!” Yuri just turned around and cooly waved back, because she probably doesn’t have any intention of following Hana’s suggestion.

 

Hana entered the room a second later and found that she’s still early for the meeting because Jia was the only one present. “Hi, Jih!”

 

“Oh, you’re early!” Jia replied. “And I could hear you and Yuri bickering from a mile away. I swear if I didn’t know how whipped that girl is, I’d assume that you both hate each other.”

 

“I do hate her sometimes.”

 

“Yeah, right.” Jia rolled her eyes at her friend. “But I’m just glad that you’re not avoiding her anymore.”

 

‘I’m glad too.’ she wanted to say.

 

───────── ⬦⬧⬦ ─────────

 

 

Hana could hear her parents talking in the living room as she eats inside their kitchen while Yuri watches her. She’s having major anxiety towards the elections and the campaign, and Yuri’s here to give her pep talks, lots and lots of them.

 

“We can figure this out,” Yuri persisted, taking Hana’s hand. “We just need to follow some steps, and then they vote. That’s all there is about elections.”

 

“Yeah,” Hana said sarcastically, “that and having enough natural charisma so that you can win based on popularity.”

 

“Kim Hana, are you saying that you’re not likeable and unpopular? Oh, come on! You’re thinking ridiculously again. Besides, you’ll be surprised to know that there are also people who actually care about the platforms. And you and Jia have a very good one.” Hana rolled her eyes and continued eating, while Yuri kept staring at her, insisting. “I’m serious, Hana. You can do this. I’m pretty sure that the students that you all helped when you were still in middle school would agree that you’re suited for the post.”

 

“For Jia, yes. For me? No.”

 

“That’s why you need me as your campaign manager.” Yuri reminded her with a smile.

 

Hana glanced sideways at her, mouth tugging at the corner. “You really think that I’ll let you be my campaign manager?”

 

Yuri sighed, but kept her smile. They have been at it since Yuri arrived earlier. “I’m not busy, and I am a very good secretary. You also told me that.”

 

“You’re also friends with Ruby Jane. That would be unfair to her.” Hana tried to use another excuse. She just thinks that Yuri is spending all her time following her.

 

“She’s going to be fine.” Yuri shrugged.

 

“You say that now, but then she’ll just bug you for the next couple of days. Besides, this is my first time to run.” Hana said.

 

“We just have to build up your confidence. You’re someone that the school needs. Jia and you both.” Yuri said thoughtfully.

 

They both heard footsteps, and then Hana’s parents came into view.

 

“Still not done with the debate?” Mrs. Kim Dahyun asked.

 

“I’m just helping Hana brainstorm a little.”

 

“Ma, do you think I could ever be a student council member? I’m not like oppa.” Hana asked. It is not a secret that DoHyun inherited Dahyun’s ability to lead people, while Hana was just like Sana during her teenage years.

 

Dahyun crossed her arms and stared at her youngest with raised eyebrows.

 

“Honey, at this point, I know better than to underestimate you and your mom’s power.” She shook her head grinning, and looked at Sana who was smiling at them. “Your mom’s full of surprises, and so do you.” she summarized. “And, I also have places to go and people to see. So, Yuri, I’ll leave you to your work.” She’s clearly referring to Hana.

 

She waved her hand at Yuri and kissed the top of her daughter’s head.

 

“Ma!” Hana protested.

 

“Baby, you know that I think you can do it, but we all know that you’re the only one who can really convince yourself.” She raised her eyebrows at her daughter, and Yuri guessed that it was to encourage the message to sink in.

 

“Your mama’s right, honey. If you believe that you can, then you’re halfway there.” Sana said, mentioning a famous quote. Then they retreated back to the living room.

 

After a while, Yuri asked, “Kim Hana, why do you want to be part of the student council?” she asked her as if they were in an interview.

 

“Because—”

 

“In full sentence, please.” Yuri interrupted.

 

“I want to be vice president because I—”

 

“Because ‘I’? The position is not about you, Ms. Kim.”

 

Hana was about to complain but conceded, knowing full well that Yuri was right.

 

“Right, thanks.” Hana said with a pout, “See? I told you! I am not good at this.”

 

“I disagree. I’ve heard you speak really movingly, Hana, and it was always during the time that you had a strong and intense opinion about something,” her eyes raised to the ceiling as she tried to recall some specific scenarios in her head, where Hana thrive in oratory combat, “when you’re passionate about something, and where no one else could say what you said. You have this aura that definitely makes people want to follow you to the edge of the world.”

 

When Hana did not say a word, Yuri added. “You’re going to be great.” she told her. “And you’re going to win.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Plus, I’ll be your campaign manager, so you’ll surely win.” Yuri proclaimed.

 

“No. You won’t. Now, come on. I also have places to see, and people to talk to.” Hana said, dragging the other girl to the car after she finished her meal.

 

───────── ⬦⬧⬦ ─────────



 

The next couple of days, Hana tried her best to focus on the upcoming elections, and she thought that Yuri’s declaration of being her campaign manager was already out of the equation. But it all changed during lunch time.

 

She was popular before, but now, people were looking at her more than usual, whispers following her in the hallways and some of them even waved at her when she walked past them. As she neared the school cafeteria, she saw the opposition’s poster along with Jisu and Ruby Jane’s red ones, featuring their very beautiful faces. She must admit that though she is a social butterfly, Ruby Jane was on another level.

 

Then that was when she saw it, another version of her poster. Or at least a poster supporting her campaign, because she certainly was not the one who put it up there. The poster was very large and very glittery. Very, very glittery.

 

She has no doubt in mind who was the mastermind behind this.

 

Nia and her other friends were giggling when they arrived at the scene too.

 

“What the hell was that?” Nia said loudly.

 

“Do you like it?” Yuri suddenly appeared behind Hana.

 

“It’s,” Hana tried to contain her emotions,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter