15. Two Kinds of Moves

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
TWO KINDS OF MOVES Chapter 15

 

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

YURI

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

 

 

Yuri knocked on Hana’s study room door and she could hear Hana’s hurried steps, since she texted her that she’s coming over. She excitedly finished her training so that she could finally be with Hana.

 

It was two weeks after the election and Yuri and Hana were unable to hangout often due to their busy schedules.

 

She was a regular visitor, so the staff in Hana’s place let her come in anytime that she wanted. But even so, Yuri makes it a point to call or text Hana’s parents whenever she’s coming over. Something that her mama Dahyun taught her years before, saying that it’s a sign of respect to the parents.

 

Hana took a second to peek outside before opening the door, just in case the person outside was not Yuri, because she was the only person that Hana wanted to socialize with. There’s just too many deadlines that she needed to finish.

 

When she verified that it was Yuri that was outside, waiting for heri, broke into a grin, and she pulled the door open so that Yuri could come inside her study room.

 

“Hey,” Hana said, holding the door open for Yuri to enter.

 

“Hello, baby.” Yuri said, pulling her for a quick hug after removing her shoes. She made sure that the door was kept open, another thing that Dahyun taught her.

 

Over the weeks, she noticed that Hana was not complaining about being called ‘baby’ anymore as much as she did before. And because of that Yuri was elated. She was glad of the progress of their friendship. They’ve become close over the course of a few weeks that people started to ask them where the other is, when they are not together.

 

Yuri doesn’t mind. Besides, she always makes it a point to know Hana’s location.

 

Charlee also sometimes sulk because she was the one that Yuri normally hangs out with but now, their only bonding time was during basketball practice. Yuri pacifies her by telling her that she’s giving way for her to spend more time with Maia.

 

Yuri snapped back to reality when Hana nudged her.

 

“Where’s auntie?” Yuri asked, as she looked around the room and plopped herself down on the nearest couch, making herself comfortable.

 

“They are at a business meeting, why?” Hana asked, then moved to sit beside Yuri and hugged the newcomer again, then keeping their position.

 

Yuri chuckled at the gesture, since it looks like Hana wanted to be babied today.

 

“Oh, nothing. I texted them, and told them that it’s okay to go here. I thought that they’re home.” Yuri explained.

 

“Did you think that they would refuse if they were not here?” Hana asked, “After all the days that you spent here, you still don’t know that as much as I’m allowed to visit your place, and that you’re welcome here anytime?”

 

Yuri just chuckled and asked instead, “Busy with homeworks?” effectively changing the topic.

 

She looked at Hana’s desk, which was full of notes and papers, as the girl nodded in confirmation.

 

This is not the first time that Yuri visited Hana while she’s studying or preparing for a student council meeting, and every time that she did, she always made sure that she would be there as a moral support and not a source of distraction. “Come on, let me see your work.” Yuri said as she pulled away from Hana and offered her hand.

 

Hana groaned but let her lead the way to her table as they looked at the homeworks.

 

Yuri had finished all of them, despite not focusing on her academics just as she planned. But because she tried to plan her week with as much time as she could hanging out with Hana, she was forced to finish her homeworks early if she wanted to follow her schedule.

 

Yuri knows that Hana was at the top of her class too, but sometimes, she just has too many workloads that’s why it’s piling up.

 

She also notices how tired Hana is sometimes, so she tries her best to cheer up the girl.

 

She went over the pile of notes on the table and looked at the notes, “I’m guessing that you only needed to finish this math homework?” Yuri asked, being completely right as Hana always put off her math homework last.

 

Hana pouted, “Maybe I should just get an F at this. There’s just soooo much work. Besides, I don’t think my parents would care about that.” she dramatically said, sighing. As she wrapped her arms around Yuri's back as she looked over at her notes, placing her chin on top of Yuri’s shoulders.

 

Yuri chuckled, she knows that Hana was just joking and whining like a little baby because she is around. She noticed this because when they had a group study session and she didn’t know that Yuri was coming, she was the one who actually leads her friends. But as soon as she saw Yuri, she transformed into a completely different girl, and immediately acted all cute just to get Yuri’s attention.

 

Which honestly, makes Yuri want to squish Hana’s cheeks for being so extra cute.

 

“Do you need my help?” Yuri inquired, looking sideways at the pouting Hana. “I’m done with mine.”

 

“Nah, I can do it.” Hana giggled

 

It’s always like this, she would offer help but Hana would refuse. She doesn’t know why Hana acts cute but refuses her help after she offers. It was like she just wanted to be babied, but not actually wanting to be babied at the same time, if that makes any sense.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Hana nodded and released her from the hug before taking her math notes and bringing it to the couch where she sat back on again. “Why are you so fast in finishing homeworks?”

 

“Because I’m a genius and I want to spend time with you.” Yuri answered in a heartbeat.

 

Yuri missed the way Hana’s cheeks blushed at her last statement, because it was just fleeting and Hana rolled her eyes because of her saying that she’s a genius.

 

“Why did you decide not to be serious about academics again?” Hana asked, as she started to answer her homework, not looking at Yuri.

 

Yuri pulled the snacks out of her bag while Hana was not talking, and then she went over to the girl and placed the food in front of her. “I just want to enjoy high school with my friends. And you know, I don’t actually mess up my academics, I just don’t focus on them.” Yuri shrugged.

 

She then dipped a piece of fries on the sauce before hand-feeding Hana as she seriously scribbled down her answers to the paper that she’ll be submitting on Monday.

 

“Oh, I almost forgot that I still have some essays that I need to finish writing.” Hana absentmindedly said, and she’s probably not telling this to Yuri but to herself.

 

“You can do it, it’s still early in the morning, and I’m always here to help if you need any.” Yuri mentioned as she thought of something to do while waiting for Hana to finish her homework.

 

She remained silent for more than an hour, except for the occasional comments everytime Hana asks for her opinion on some things.

 

Checking her wrist watch, she realized that it’s almost noon, so she decided to prepare lunch for them. Yuri then excused herself as she looked at Hana visibly cringing due to the essay that she’s writing. And as soon as she stepped out of the room, she could hear Hana’s frustrated whining which made her chuckle.

 

Such a big baby.

 

At the end of all the whining, she knows that Hana would still ace the exams, so she’s not that worried.

 

Once she finished cooking, she went back to the room, and saw that Hana’s laptop was now closed, and she was lying on her side cuddling her bolster pillow, with her eyes closed.

 

She must’ve heard Yuri’s footsteps as she opened her eyes, and was shocked to see Yuri with a tray of food in hand.

 

“Hey, there.” Yuri said, as Hana watched her sideways with a smile on her face.

 

Yuri placed the food on the table and went back to the couch to kiss Hana’s forehead. “Lunch is ready. Have you finished your homeworks?” Yuri wondered, reaching out and brushing the hair from Hana’s forehead.

 

Hana’s giggles echoed through the room.

 

“I think so,” Hana then said as she sat up, and shrugged.

 

“You know that I could help you, right?” Yuri promised for a millionth time.

 

“Yeah, I know. But it’s just an assignment. As long as I’m done with my work, and have a couple hours of free time, I’m good.”

 

Hana turned to face Yuri and allowed her to be pulled up from the couch. She purposely didn’t remove her hand as she got to her feet, allowing Yuri to lead her to the table.

 

“What are we eating?” Hana wondered, giving Yuri’s hand a small squeeze. It was perceived by Yuri as Hana’s way of thanking her.

 

“I know that you don’t have a favorite food per se, but I know you like spicy food, paired with smoothies.” Yuri said and Hana stopped in her tracks and stared at the table where a pot of steaming Kimchi Jjigae and a raspberry smoothie was awaiting for them.

 

Hana didn’t know what to say, wanting to express her gratitude and her amusement that Yuri would actually cook her meal, but the only word that came out of was, “Why?”

 

Yuri looked at Hana confusedly, “What do you mean, why?”

 

“I hadn’t done anything to deserve this, and yet… you… you…”

 

“Why did I make it? Because I know it’s your favorite and also as a reward for finishing your homeworks.” Yuri said, sounding equally confused, if not more, and they stood there looking at each other while Hana’s brain slowly understood that Yuri would do just about anything that would make her smile, even cooking her a meal.

 

“Oh.” She said, swallowing and slowly walked into Yuri’s embrace to hide her face for a moment. “Thank you.”

 

Yuri doesn't understand why Hana looked a little flustered by her act. Did I do something wrong?

 

But then Hana walked to the table and sat happily in front of the food that she prepared, and all her worries disappeared. Although Hana still can’t look her in the eye, it was enough for Yuri since she could see Hana’s smiles.

 

“You’re welcome. And shouldn’t you know by now that I love doing things for you?” Yuri asked jokingly, sitting at the opposite side of Hana and looking as if he was still slightly confused by Hana’s reaction.

 

“But still…” Hana said, sticking her tongue out, pushing her bowl closer to the pot so that Yuri can fill it for her.

 

“I hope I didn’t mess it up.” Yuri said, looking for Hana’s reaction as soon as she tasted it.

 

“It was soooo good!” Hana said, sighing due to contentment, as she took another spoonful of Kimchi Jjigae.

 

Yuri was glad to hear that, and dug in herself too.

 

Day-in-day-out, all Yuri could think of is spending her time with Hana. And she didn't think of it at first, but now, it seems like there’s always a slow-motion moment everytime she sees or hears Hana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter