25. Unfold

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
UNFOLD Chapter 25

 

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

HANA

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

 

 

She was curious as to why Yuri asked her driver to just drop her off at the gate. And as they were getting out of the car, Yuri suddenly fell on her knees and said, “Hurry! Help me get to the hospital!”

 

Hana panicked and asked, “What’s wrong?” as she kneeled in front of her girlfriend.

 

“I think I just broke my leg falling for you…” Yuri said with a big smile on her face.

 

Hana realized that Yuri was just messing with her and immediately hit the girl’s arms multiple times, “Yah! You scared me!”

 

As Hana continued to fuzz over her, Yuri interrupted, scooping her up into a giant bear hug and giving her a kiss on the cheek. Yuri looked deep into her eyes. Almost as if in a trance, Yuri slowly got closer until her forehead rested on Hana’s and before she could say anything, the girl lovingly whispered, “I love you, Hana.”

 

Oh, how she wants the time to stop now.

 

She thought that she would be shocked everytime Yuri said those words, but rather she felt a calm wash over her. Everything just felt right. Like she was where she belonged— in Yuri’s arms. She snuggled closer while she giggled and blush but she refused to break eye contact with the girl and responded, “I love you, too. And I won’t let you go.”

 

She had been fortunate enough to have Yuri as her schoolmate. She didn’t know when their relationship jumped from bickering to flirting. They were always fighting back then, some issues bigger than the others. But it was bound to happen when Yuri seemed to be focused on teasing her always, and also because they really haven’t spent that much time together before unlike this year when they started to really hang out.

 

Strangely however, this made Yuri and Hana’s relationship even stronger.

 

“You can let me go.” Yuri replied, her eyes turned into beautiful crescents while Hana became confused of what she heard. “I will always look for you and get you back anyways.”

 

She was speechless. She got a warm, fuzzy feeling when Yuri said that she would always bring her back.

 

Yuri cleared , all the while keeping direct eye contact with the honey brown orbs of her partner, “Hana, I love you more than I ever imagined I could possibly love anyone. I love every single thing about you. It seems like you complete me in every possible way, and I want to spend every second of every day by your side. You make me a better person, hell, you even make me a better basketball player. You are the inspiration in everything that I do.”

 

Tears were slipping out of Hana’s eyes at this point.

 

“I couldn’t figure out how to tell you how I really feel and not worry about what might happen in case you learned about our family, because I think you deserve more than what I could offer you. You deserve the world, Hana, and I don’t know if I can give that to you. But I can give you everything that I am, and will ever be. I never did ask you if you wanted to be friends with me when we were kids, I did not ask you if you wanted to be closer than before when we finally got to be schoolmates. But now, I’m asking you if you’re sure that you want to be my girlfriend. Are you?” Yuri asked earnestly.

 

Hana only ever felt secured when Yuri was with her, a sense of being at peace.

 

She could only nod emphatically as tears streamed down her face. She jumped on Yuri that almost toppled the two of them over in her rush to embrace her. Hana blushed bright red in embarrassment even if this is the second time that Yuri asked her to be her girlfriend.

 

“I am a hundred percent sure about us.” whispered Minatozaki Hana to her best friend and now girlfriend, the love of her life. “I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

 

Yuri tucked her hair at the back with a wide grin as she kissed Hana’s hand, “And I would not disappoint.”

 

She kissed Yuri by the cheeks, which made Yuri’s eyes widen. “What was that for?”

 

“I just… realized that I was lucky that I get to be with you now. Not everyone would be as lucky as I am, that’s all.” mused Hana.

 

“What do you mean, baby?”

 

“I could’ve lost you before I even had you.” Hana frowned.

 

“Well, I’m here now. And I promise not to leave you.”

 

“Swear?”

 

“I swear.”

 

Hana hugged her again, just as strongly as before. And after a while, Yuri broke the embrace and wiped her tears away before saying, “You should go inside.”

 

“You’re not coming in?” Hana offered.

 

“Not tonight.” Yuri said solemnly.

 

“Is this about what happened?” Hana inquired, and suddenly became concerned about what would happen to Yuri. “What do you think would happen?” She couldn’t help but ask.

 

“I’m not sure, but you don’t need to worry about that. Just take your rest and I’ll fetch you tomorrow morning, okay?” Yuri assured her, and then opened her arms wide for her to walk into.

 

Hana took the offer and hugged the girl. “Take care on your way home, okay?”

 

Yuri hummed in response and kissed the girl’s forehead. “I’ll see you tomorrow, aegiya.”

 

“Aegiya?”

 

“Yeah, Aegi because you’re my baby, and then you’re also my jagiya. So, aegiya.” Yuri chuckled at her own explanation.

 

Hana was amazed by how much Yuri was able to make her heart beat so fast that it wouldn't be a surprise if it would burst. She started walking backwards, still staring at her girlfriend’s smiling face.

 

Girlfriend.

 

She can’t believe that this person in front of her who managed to piss her off everyday will be the first person she would have a relationship with. She remembers how she was able to smile despite seeing Yuri being flocked by a lot of girls and boys.

 

Yeah, Yuri was that perfect in everyone’s eyes, but she never had any doubts regarding Yuri’s faithfulness.

 

She always feels helpless when Yuri insists on doing things her way, but she knows that she would always be ready to follow Yuri anywhere as her heart kept fluttering so joyously.

 

“I love you, Kim Yuri. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Hana grinned at the blush on Yuri’s face as she turned around and ran inside their gates.

 

“Did I tell you how beautiful you are today?” Yuri suddenly shouted.

 

She smiled and said, “Only 29 times already.”

 

“You kept count?”

 

Hana’s giggling was the only answer that Yuri heard.

 

But as she walked. First step, second step, third step. Slow and logical, a rhythm in her head that continued as she navigated her way to their house. The gravity of the revelation suddenly weighed a ton in her heart. She walked until she couldn’t see Yuri anymore, but her voice and her cries earlier still echoed in her ear.

 

Never before had she felt that much pain for someone. And she never imagined so. Especially not Yuri. Her first love, her savior, and one of the best friends that she could ever ask for. She only wants something good for the girl, something more than what she can give to her, but what Yuri told her was too much for her mind to take, let alone comprehend. She just can’t wrap her head around the fact that she probably wouldn’t see Yuri ever again if they were not rescued, and all of the pain that she kept inside her heart? It was too much for Hana.

 

Just her thinking that Yuri was just a spoiled brat that just wanted to hurt anyone who gets in her way racked her heart with guilt. But it was not as if she knew.

 

And now that she knows, she will do everything to help her girlfriend.

 

So she continued walking, and would continue to wish for Yuri’s safety everytime.

 

She sighed to no one in particular, and with that, shoved all thoughts of their current situation regarding Jiyeon to the back of her mind and entered their house. Head high, back straight. A smile on her face.

 

“I’m home!”

 

───────── ⬦⬧⬦ ─────────

 

“I’ll fetch you during lunch time, okay?” Yuri said while helping her with her things as they reached her room.

 

Yuri fetched her early in the morning so that they could eat breakfast together. She has yet to tell her parents about their relationship because they are on a business trip. Only DoHyun greeted her last night. And it was a good thing that her brother did not ask why she’s smiling from ear to ear because she’s normally cheerful, and it seems that he’s busy with something in his laptop, so she just went straight to her room to rest.

 

They were also unable to talk about what Yuri and her parents talked about regarding the Jiyeon incident because she was sidetracked with the way Yuri was being so flirty with her while they were on the way to school.

 

“Sure. But text me if you’re going to be late so that I’ll just wait for you at the cafeteria.” Hana reminded her.

 

“I will, baby.” Yuri then kissed her on the cheeks and at the back of her hand, making her eyes widen as she looked around the room. Sure enough, all of her friends witnessed the kiss. Nia even smirked as if saying that she should not dare deny what they just saw.

 

Even Maia who’s usually playing on her phone seemed to catch what happened.

 

Seriously, she would probably suffer from heart disease soon because her heart won’t stop pounding like crazy whenever Yuri does something, or literally just anything.

 

“I love you. Be good, okay?” She told Yuri in a low voice when she recovered, trying to make sure that her friends would not be able to hear her. It’s not that she wanted to keep it from them, but she just doesn't want to be teased this early.

 

After Yuri made sure that everything was settled and all of her girlfriend’s things were placed neatly at her seat, she then gave a salute at Hana, before walking out of the room. She thought that was it, but not a second later she went back and shouted, “I love you too!” before winking at her with a chuckle.

 

Her eyes widened because of what Yuri did, but she still felt happy because of her response.

 

When she turned around, Mona had her hands on her waist, “Don’t tell me that you still don’t have anything to tell us!”

 

She looked at her friends and it’s clear that they were all waiting for her to say something.

 

So Hana took a deep breath before she smiled at all of them. A smile that shows just how much she’s happy at the moment. She took her regular seat and then announced, “Yuri and I finally made it official.”

 

Her friends looked at each other for a couple of seconds before they bombarded her with questions.

 

Nia was the first to recover, so she was the first to ask, “Did you kiss?”

 

While Mona and Maia wanted to know when did they make it official, Jia was looking at her seriously as if she wanted to say something that might not be good to open up right now. Something’s telling her that her friend already knew about what happened yesterday.

 

“What happened yesterday?” Jia seemed to not wait for later to ask this question, while looking at Hana meaningfully.

 

“I will tell you all later.” Hana said in finality. She doesn’t want to tell them about what happened with all their classmates listening in, and she doesn’t want her friend’s reaction to cause any confusion with them.

 

It was a good thing that her friends thought that Jia was just asking about their relationship and not about Yuri punching Jiyeon, but she knows that she can’t keep it forever, nor does she want to do so. And she would very much prefer that she’s the one who would tell her friends what happened, instead of them learning it from someone else.

 

She doesn't want Yuri to be judged.

 

Plus she has come to the conclusion that Yur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter