Chapter 2

The Trouble Is You

Chapter 2 

 

 

Mr. Grumpylicious

 

 

 

 

I still can’t believe that he didn’t know me. At first I was like- is this some kind of a joke? ‘Coz it’s not funny. But when I saw him looked at me, genuinely looked at me, like he didn’t know me. There, it hit me. 

 

So someone still don’t know me huh. It felt… weird. Weird in a nice way. 

 

“We met before. At Club Echelon.” I said, faking a smile. How come he can’t remember my beautiful face? Do I look like a common face in the crowd? 

 

His eyebrows shot up. Kyungsoo went closer to me. “You know him, noona?” 

 

I laughed. “Well, we just had a little fun interaction. Right?” 

 

The guy— unknown guy— didn’t answer. Instead, he gave Kyungsoo a nod. Which is by the way, bruised my ego. No one, I mean, no one has ever done that. Ignoring me face to face. Like, what the ? That’s so making me hurt! 

 

“DO, Byun, I have to go. I have a class in 10.” He said, and walked away. Didn’t even bother to look at me. 

 

“Did he just completely ignored me?” I asked, almost panting. I looked at K and B who’s also confused. 

 

“Noona, let’s go. You’ll be late in your first class.” Kyungsoo said as he held my elbow urging me to walk. Probably changing the topic. 

 

“Who the heck is he?” I asked B, who’s walking beside me. Good Lord! I’m really curious with that guys attitude! 

 

“That’s Kwon Jiyong Sunbae. He’s also part of our Fraternity.” Baekhyun said. “He’s nice though. I’m also confused why he’s like that to you. Rude.” 

 

“Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo said, in a warning tone. “He’s the High Alpha. Show some respect.” 

 

“But he didn’t respect you noona though.” B commented. 

 

I saw Kyungsoos hand formed a grip. His eyes darkened. “I know.” 

 

“Well, it’s fine. Calm down, boys.” 

 

After leading me to the room they both left. I convinced them that I am fine being alone. Like, hello? I’m an adult! It’s not like it’s my first daw in College. 

I don’t see any familiar faces. My batch-mates all graduated and now are lawyers while I’m still in my last year. Although I heard that some were also left behind. I’m still pondering whether I’ll regret exiling myself or what. I just prolonged my agony, to be honest. But remembering the last 2 years of partying and booze, damn, worth the delay. 

 

I roam my gaze and guess what? I saw him. Sitting near the window. What was his name again? Kwon Jiyong? Damn it. He’s also a Law Student. 

 

I smirked. This guy is a challenge huh. 

 

I went closer to him- literally because I chose the seat next to him. He looked at me, still with his stoic cold expression, as I sat down. 

 

“Is this seat taken?” I asked, flashing my angelic smile. Come on, Ji! Show some emotions to the Queen! 

 

“Yes.” He replied, then started scrolling through his phone. Nonchalant huh. Damn. That makes him more mysterious. And charming. 

 

My eyebrows arched. I looked around. Looking for a bag or something that indicates that someone's occupying the seat. Well, even if someone occupies this I will just ask to change seats because I want to sit with him. 
 

“I don’t see anyone.” 

 

“He went to the toilet.” He then looked at me with those intense eyes. 

 

“Oh, well, too bad. I want to sit here.” I placed my bag on my desk and smile at him. “So you don’t know me.” I said as I lean closer to him. 

 

“Are you an important person? Why should I know about you?” 

 

My lips twitched. This guy is rude! And cold! Yet… honest. I like this guy! 

 

“Oh, I’m not someone important. I’m Sandara, by the way. You can call me Dara. I’m Kyungsoo’s cousin.” 

 

He just nod and ignored me. Completely. Wow. 

 

I just shook my head and took a pen and notebook. I was greeted by some of our classmates- they’re also shocked that I am back. 

 

“I can’t believe Sandara sunbae is my classmate.” I heard a murmur. 

 

I chuckle. It’s not like I’m a celebrity or a Tiktok influencer.  Almost everyone knows me. Most probably because of my Dad who is the City Mayor. Or maybe because my older brother— Seven— graduated here too and is now the Councilor. Or maybe because the students of St. Andrews University almost knew each other— most of us came from St. Andrews High. 

 

“Hey, Jiyong.” I called. 

 

I saw his thumb froze and look at me. “What?” 

 

“I haven’t seen you when I was here 2 years ago.” 

 

His eyebrows arched. “So?” 

 

My lips twitched. Damn! Why is he so cold? But I like it! “Did you transfer here?” 

 

“Yeah.” 

 

“From which school?” 

 

He didn’t answer. 

 

Cold. That’s the best way to describe him. I had another glance at his arm, particularly on his tattoo. When I first saw it, I wasn’t able to look at it closely. Now, seeing it up close, it’s an Italian word. 

 

“Sweet Life and Moderate.” I mumbled. 

 

Jiyong looked at me. “So you speak Italian.” 

 

I shook my head. “Just a elective subject in College.” 

 

He didn’t reply. I just shrug. I got tired of trying to have a conversation with him. I know he’s interesting but I need to gather all my strength to this class. It’s a good thing our professor came. The class didn’t really started he just gave out the course syllabus and left. So much for the first day. 

 

I got up and gather my things. I saw Jiyong also stand up. 

 

“Where are you going?” 

 

“Out.” He was near the door when I held his arm that made him stop. . Why does it feel like his skin burns?

 

“Hey. Can I get your number?” I asked. 

 

He looked at me, confused. “Why?” 

 

I chuckle. “Well, coz I like you.” 

 

There, I said it. I like this man. Well, he’s interesting. It’s interesting to know that someone doesn’t know me at all. It’s interesting to know that he doesn’t give a about me. That I can lay my real self to him because he doesn’t have any idea about me— that I can be really honest with this guy. No presumptions about me. 

 

This man, Kwon Jiyong, is the trouble I’ve been looking for! 

 

“Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but I don’t like you.” 

 

He walked out. I let out a soft chuckle. That was a straight out rejection. 

 

“Well, it’s fine! I still like you though!” I shouted at him. I just wish he heard it. 

 

 

 

 

“WHAT THE HECK, noona? Are you out of your mind?!” Chanyeol shouted as I sat down the dinning table. “Why did you asked for his number? Infront of so many people? Damn it.” 

 

All of us were gathered. Our eldest brother, Councillor Seven, Me, Suho, Chanyeol, Mingyu and Jeonghan. I raised my eyebrows as I watch Jeonghan laugh his out. 

 

“What?!” I asked, raising my eyebrows. “Don’t raise your voice at me, you dimwit.” I faced Chanyeol who’s still fuming mad. “And why are you so mad? I just wanna be friends with him. He’s my classmate afterall!” 

 

“Chanyeol is really possessive with his beloved noona.” Seven commented while drinking his wine. 

 

“Noona, I can still remember you saying that your favorite motto in life is— ‘I don’t chase, I attract’ and hearing now that you’re chasing the High Alpha, wow! Is that the effect of Hawaiian air?” 

 

“I still attract, my beloved brother. It’s just that, he’s really interesting.” I said, flashing my innocent smile. “I approach him so I can attract him.” 

 

Mingyu rolled his eyes at me, but laugh. “Indeed, you are the girl version of Dad. Playboy at its finest.” 

 

I laughed. It’s not a secret about my dad’s extra-marital affairs. My younger brothers were all my half-siblings, but to me, they’re my beloved brothers. We all have different mother. Seven and I were the first family. Dad is an adorable bastard— and I am the female version of him. The main reason why he’s so lenient with me. Which is weird if you will ask. 

 

“I’m not a playgirl!” I giggled. “You know I just flirt around but I don’t do boyfriends!” 

 

“Well of course you shouldn’t because no one’s deserving.” My mom said as she kissed me on my cheeks. 

 

“Mom!” 

 

“Well, I agree with mom there.” Suho replied. “No one’s deserving. Yet.” 

 

I rolled my eyes. I know my brothers. The reason why no one can pursue me is because they’re blocking them. They block them yet they allow me to flirt. And once things gets serious, they just block them. Put a huge barrier and wall. Like the Great Wall of China. They kept on saying that it’s because I am their Princess. I almost rolled my eyes. 

 

“And when’s the time I can date huh? After my ovaries expires?!” 

 

“Noona! Ewww! TMI!” Jeonghan said while sarcastically laughing. “But my noona deserves the world, so, as of now no boyfriend allowed.” 

 

“Even if it’s Kwon Jiyong?” I asked. I saw how they all went silent. Now, I’m curious.  Very curious. What’s with their reaction huh? It’s really weird how they all got silent just the fact that I mentioned his name. 

 

Is he really that nice? Or is this their Fraternity thing huh. They gave me an impression that this Kwon Jiyong guy is reliable and worth of their respect. Because the men in this house has an ego as huge as the Burj Khalifa. And seeing them silent and not talk about him made me wonder. 

 

“Who’s Kwon Jiyong?” My dad said as he sat down. “The guy you’re seeing?” 

 

I shook my head. “The guy I am interested with.” 

 

“Hmm. Interesting. I never heard you talk about guys during dinner. I only know you’re interested in party and alcohol.” He commented, which made all of us laugh. 

 

“Dad, come on! I’m 28!Of course—“

 

“Nope, still a baby. Little Princess.” Mom commented. “Well, dating is fine. As long as he’s a hardworking person and has good character, I’m fine with him.” 

 

Suho chuckled. “The guy noona is interested with is a good man. He’s also intelligent. It’s just that noona is not the nice girl for him.” 

 

“Excuse me?!” 

 

“I agree. High Alpha is a good catch. Noona is a good catch too however she’ll only break his heart.” 

 

I pouted as I heard them laughing. Fine, fine. I must admit my reputation isn’t really good. I flirt, yes. It’s all fun and games though. And I am still young. We should enjoy our youth. 

 

“Whatever.” I replied. “Well, do you have his number?” 

 

They all looked away. I smirked. They have his number! 

 

“Give it to me.” I commanded. 

 

“Oh, I still need to finish my term paper.” Mingyu said as he stand up. 

 

“Ah, I need to go to the bathroom.” Chanyeol said. The heck? Just a minute ago he’s angry and now… this brother of mine is really something! 

 

“I don’t have his number.” Suho said, although it’s an obvious lie. 

 

I looked at Jeonghan and saw him smirked. Oh, I love this kiddo! “10K.” 

 

“Deal.” I smile. 

 

“The ! The High Alpha will send you to hell!” Mingyu roared. 

 

“Words, my son.” Mommy A said. Although she’s not strict, she doesn’t like hearing us cussing. 

 

“Sorry mom.” 

 

“He won’t know if you won’t tell him.” I said, giggling while typing a message for him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To: Grumpylicious😤🤤

 

Happy National Heroes Day! This calls for a drink!🍻

 

 

 

I laughed at the name. He is indeed ‘grumpylicious’: grumpy and delicious. 

 

I undressed and took a shower. Today was a long day although it’s still the first day of class.  And today was fun! I saw Kwon Jiyong. That cold Jiyong. How could I forget those intense, cold stare. I giggled at the thought. 

 

After showering, I was getting dressed when I saw my phone vibrated. I smirked. 

 

 

From: Grumpilicious😤🤤 

Who’s this? 

 

 

From: Grumpilicious😤🤤

And it’s not yet National Heroes Day. 

 

 

 

I laugh so hard I almost vomited. I can vividly imagine his face- eyebrows furrowed and cold stare. Geez! How could he look so serious yet so hot? 

 

 

 

To: Grumpilicious😤🤤

Hmmm. It’s National Heroes Day! You are my hero. Because you saved me from my loneliness and sadness.😉

 

 

 

I was playing with my lower lip as I waited for his reply. Damn it. How could he be so cold and interesting? I’ve never been so invested to someone other than my family and friends. 

 

A few more minutes and I received his reply. 

 

 

From: Grumpilicious😤🤤 

Who are you? 

 

 

 

From: Grumpilicious😤🤤 

If you won’t tell me, I will block you. 

 

 

I bit my lower lip. Most likely he will block me if I won’t tell him my name, knowing how cold this guy is. But, I also knew that if I tell him my name, he will also block me! Which is both not good. Damn it. Why is he so grumpy and cold? 

 

 

To: Grumpylicious😤🤤

Fine, fine. It’s me Sandara😊 

 

 

 

To: Grumpylicious😤🤤 

And don’t you dare block me! Come on! Be sport! 

 

 

 

From: Grumpylicious😤🤤

Where did you get my number? 

 

 

I lay down on my bed as I typed my reply. Geez! 

 

 

To: Grumpylicious😤🤤

I got it from someone. 

 

 

To: Grumpylicious😤🤤

And don’t block me! 

 

 

A few more minutes have passed and I saw his reply. 

 

 

From: Grumpylicious😤🤤

K. 

 

 

 

I laughed so hard with his reply. Even in text message, he’s still cold. 

 

“Come on! Don’t be so cold to me! I might be more interested in you than you could’ve imagine.” I mumbled as I fall asleep.