Chapter 4

The Trouble Is You

Chapter 4 

 

Just Alcohol 

 

 

 

Thank God it’s Friday! I excitedly went to school. Who wouldn’t be excited? It’s just a 2-hour class in the afternoon and afterwards, I’m free! Hell, yeah! 

 

“I need to text Chaerin. We’ll gonna be wasted tonight…” I mumbled as I walk towards our classroom. 

 

I was scrolling in my Instagram when I saw Jiyongs’ Story post. Yes, I followed him on Instagram and sent him a Friend Request on Facebook- although it’s still a pending request. 

 

I opened his story and saw that it was a screenshot of a lyrics from Spotify. 

 

 

 

Go and sneak us through the rivers

Flood is rising up on your knees

Oh, please 

Come out and haunt me 

I know you want me 

Come out and haunt me

 

 

 

 

I gave it a ‘heart’ and sent a reply: I’ll embrace this new feeling I am feeling for you, my love <3  

 

 

I giggled at my reply. Too much flirting! 

 

When I got to the classroom I saw Jiyong sitting in the corner. My other classmates were busy talking and when they saw me, they waved their hands. I waved back and at the corner of my eye, I saw Jiyong gave me a look. Yes, my love. I demand attention. 

 

Oh, my love, did you saw my reply to your story, huh?

 

“Sunbae!” One of my lower-year classmate, Mino called. 

 

“Hey, hello.” I greeted him. “Gosh, it’s so hot outside!”

 

“Yeah. But good thing, it’s Friday.” He commented. “So, you’ll be out tonight?” 

 

I giggled because of too much excitement. “Hell, yeah! See you later. Club Echelon, okay?” 

 

I waved at them and went to the corner- beside Jiyong. We don’t have a proper sitting arrangement so we can seat wherever we want. And I am choosing the best seat- beside him. For easy flirting, of course.

 

“Hi, my love.” I greeted him, enthusiastically. 

 

He didn’t reply. He was just silently scrolling through his phone. I pouted and sat down. Come on, look at me! 

 

“Hey…” I mutter. 

 

“What?” 

 

“Are you free tonight?” I asked. “Let’s hang out.” 

 

He looked at me as if I look weird. “I’m busy.” 

 

I pouted. “Come on! It’s Friday night.” 

 

“I don’t party anymore.” 

 

“But we met at Club Echelon.” I smirked. “Well, tonight I’ll be at Club Echelon. If you want to—“

 

“I won’t come. I’m busy.” She said.

 

Damn it. Jiyong is a one of a hell tough cookie to break. 

 

“Can’t you squeeze a tiiiiny bit of your time to be with me?” I whispered. “Come on, I thought you’d be into this game?” 

 

He gave me a cold look- which is not unusual. “I’m busy.” He said, with finality in his tone. 

 

I bit my lower lip. “Damn it. Good thing I am interested in you…” I mumbled and didn’t bothered him. 

 

The class started and I got to make sure I focus. Damn it. I excel in my studies before and in Law School but after the 2 year break- I’m getting nervous. I don't know if I still got it- the passion. 

 

Illegal Recruitment constituting economic sabotage based on Article 38, has a penalty of Life Imprisonment and a 100 thousand fine…” 

 

I was listening intently when I felt a vibration from my phone. I opened it and saw a notification from my IG- and it’s from the one and only Mr. Grumpylicious 2024. I raised my eyebrows as I took a glance of Jiyong who’s listening intently while highlighting the handouts. 

 

Silly. How could he remain intimidating and stoic? 

 

Although the Professor is strict, she doesn’t mind us checking our phones. 

 

I opened the reply and saw: ‘I thought players don’t invest on feelings…” 

 

I almost burst a laugh. Heck. This guy is really something. Cold and intimidating yet… 

 

I leaned my arm on my desk and slowly shifting my weight towards him. And heck, I can smell his perfume. Manly, y perfume. 

 

“You’re an exemption, my love…” 

 

 

 

 

 

“SO HOW’S Law School?” Chaerin said as she giggle. 

 

We were both sitting in the couch at Club Echelon. I texted my siblings about my whereabouts because I know they will pester me if I don’t. So much with their overprotectiveness. 

 

“Heck. I’m starting to hate the idea that I am alone struggling while you, oh gosh! Attorney Chaerin! I hope your clients will see this side of you!” I giggled. 

 

She just laugh at me and drank her Mojito. “Well, at least you’ve enjoyed your gap year. And if you didn’t took an off, I wouldn’t graduate with honors! Geez! You’re so hard to beat!”

 

I laugh with her comment. Chaerin and I were both Academic Achievers that parties a lot. It seems a mystery to others how we manage to excel in school with our lifestyle. Well, time management, baby. And of course, with the help of effort and perseverance. 

 

“And I’m really glad that I took a gap year coz hell yeah, I’m so into this guy in my class.” 

 

Chaerin raised her eyebrows and lean forward to me. “Hmmm. Interesting. Spill.” 

 

“So there is this guy named Kwon Jiyong and— the heck?!” I shouted while laughing as Chaerin spits her drink right to my legs. 

 

“Oh my gee! Did I hear it right? Kwon Jiyong? The hot alpha?” 

I raised my eyebrows at her. “You know him?” 

 

“Hell, yeah! He’s like a badass soon-to-be Lawyer.” She commented. 

 

I bit my lower lip. Hmm. I don’t really know Jiyong at all. All I know is his name and that he’s affiliated with the Fraternity my siblings joined. 

 

“So, tell me about this guy.” I said with so much enthusiasm. 

 

“Well, he’s 3 or 4 years younger than us, not really sure about his birthday. And, I heard that he’s managing their family business while studying in College. And graduated Magna Laude at that. Isn’t he amazing?” 

 

I bit my lower lip as I smirked. Well, oh well. My love, you are such an achiever. Knowing you can do those things makes you more interesting. 

 

Because I have dibs to smart people. I find them ier compared to people who aren’t. 

 

“How about his dating history?” 

 

Chaerin just shook her head, still can’t believe I am asking that. “Wait, seriously? No way!” 

 

I smirked. “Yes way.” 

 

“He’s an ex ing playboy, girl!” Chaerin shrieked. “Well, you’re a playgirl too but, damn. This is a disaster.” 

 

I laugh at her. “It’s just playtime.” 

 

“Oh, poor Jiyong.” Chaerin shook her head, a sign that she’s not agreeing to my plans. “Dara, that man is an ex boy. You hear me- EX.” 

 

“So as what he told me.” 

 

“That sounds trouble!” 

 

“Well, I love trouble.” I smirked. “And after knowing he’s smart, damn it, Chae I can’t control myself from wanting him more.” 

 

Chaerin just looked at me, as if I am the biggest biatch on earth. “Well, he’s probably still stuck, so this will be hard, girl. I mean, after the chaotic scandal 2 years ago.” 

 

My eyebrows furrowed. And curiosity is eating me alive. “What do you mean? What happened 2 years ago?”

 

“Oh, right. You were in Hawaii partying.” She giggled. “Well, he’s engaged to his girl… errr, ex-girlfriend the Japanese-model Kiko Mizuhara. And they’re about to be wed when all of a sudden, the girl backed out.” 

 

My eyes wide opened. “For real?” No ! What the heck! 

 

“Yup.” Chaerin said, emphasising the ‘p’ sound in the end. “Oh, geez. It was so chaotic because on their wedding day, Kiko was in the middle of the aisle, like literally in the middle, when all of a sudden she stopped walking and turn around and started running— like a real runaway bride.” 

 

I gasped as I covered my mouth with my hand. No ? How could someone ditch their— well, if you don’t really want to get married, I guess you’ll really become a runaway bride. 

 

But that’s pure humiliation! She could’ve told him that the wedding is off like— wait, why am I so affected over someone else’s failed wedding ceremony? 

 

“Is that the reason why he’s so cold?” 

 

Chaerin just shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe he really loved her. I mean, they dated for 3 years. Girl, that’s something.” 

 

I shook my head in disbelief. So, the former playboy got played huh. And he fell inlove. That's game over for him. 

 

I don’t know but I felt something… weird. Is it pity? I don’t really know what to call this feeling. Maybe, it is. I mean, being left in the altar is a freaking nightmare! If it were me, the humiliation will make me crazy. 

 

I poured a drink in my glass. It's still wonder why my siblings were late. Especially the hot-headed and the President of the Overprotective Siblings Club, Chanyeol. 

 

Chaerin left me on the couch as she danced on the dancefloor. I took my phone out and went to IG— to stalk Kwon Jiyong. 

 

 

 

Kwon Jiyong

26 || Alpha Omicron Frat αο

 

Following: 222

Followers: 10K

 

 

That’s it. Plain, simple. But it amazes me he has that followers. I mean, he’s snob and intimidating so I had an assumption that he’ll be like a low-key on social media. 

 

I look at his feed and it was all in black and white. It has family pictures, a post with his dog and many more. 

 

I kept on smiling as I scan his feed when all of a sudden, I felt a strong presence on my back. I stopped moving my finger and looked up. Amused is an understatement upon seeing who’s standing on my back. 

 

“My love!” I said while giggling. 

 

I got up and excitedly hug him. Oh, no Sherlock! He’s really here! I can’t believe it! 

 

I smiled at him. I even did a tiny dance because I am so shocked and happy at the same time. I mean, he told me he’s busy. So… 

 

“You’re here…” I wanted to ask, but it sounds like a statement. A huge grin formed on my lips. “And I thought you’d be busy, huh.” 

 

He didn’t said any word. He’s just staring at me intently. I guess he was shocked why I hugged him. 

 

“You’re stalking me.” He stated. 

 

“I am.” I replied, proudly. Why would I even deny it. It's clear as the sky. "And you’re here.” 

 

“I am.” 

 

Oh, God! “Come here. Sit.” 

 

I motioned him to sit beside me. Damn. He smells so freaking good. 

 

“What perfume do you use?” I bluntly asked. “You smell so good.” 

 

I leaned closer and took a sniff. It’s kinda addicting. 

 

He looked at me. “Musc Ravageur.” 

 

“Nice.” I smiled. 

 

I was about to pour him a drink when he lean forward and put his face around my neck and took a quick sniff. I felt like all of my blood went to my face— heck, I’m too old to blush! Good thing the lights is dimmed. 

 

“How about you?” 

 

I blinked. “E-Eh?” 

 

“What perfume do you use?” 

 

I grinned. “Why? Because I smell nice, eh?” 

 

Jiyong smirked. For the first time, I saw his playful smirk and damn it, I almost lost my balance there. 

 

“Yeah. You smell nice and… kinda addicting.” 

 

Oh, good Lord! Is this how former playboys flirt? Damn it. 

 

“Bvlgari.” I simply replied. 

 

I poured a glass of whiskey and gave it to him. He just stared at the glass that I gave him which made me raised my eyebrows. 

 

“What?  Come on, take this. You don’t drink?” 

 

He shook his head. “I bought my car.” 

 

I laugh, flirty laugh. “Oh, come on. There’s a hotel nearby so…” 

 

He shook his head and gave me a disappointed look. “Let me just watch you drink. I know your brothers will go ballistic if the’y’ll see you drunk and wasted.” 

 

I bit my lower lip as I try to suppress my smile. God! He’s cold yet caring at the same time! Mr. Contradicting of the year! 

 

I took a sip of the whiskey that I offered. “So, why are you here?” 

 

“Just because.” He shrug. Later on grab the bottled water and drank it. 

 

“Seriously?” I asked as he put down the bottled water. “Jiyong, you’re such a . Come on, drink! We have no class tomorrow.” 

 

“I know.” He said, in a matter of fact tone. “But I won’t.” 

 

“Don’t be such a kill joy. We are here in the club to relax and party.” 

 

“I’m here to watch over you and drive you home safely.” He said while looking at me. 

 

I let out a small laugh. Damn. Why is my heart beating so fast? Am I drunk? Huh? Come on! 

 

“Aww. My love, please?” I gave him a puppy-look, even blinked my eyes cutely. 

 

“Nope.” He decline, firmly. 

 

I just bit my lower-lip and took another sip. “.” 

 

He chuckle. “Oh, I love them.” 

 

“Huh?” 

 

“. I love them.” 

 

I blushed with his blunt statement. “G-Good for you.” 

 

“Oh, you’re acting weird. Are you shocked, hmmm, my love?” 

 

I blinked fast and look away. No ! I didn’t expect him he will call me that! 

 

“Y-You told me you are busy.” I changed the topic. God! My cheeks were turning red. I can feel them. 

 

“Oh, just some business papers to sign.” 

 

“What kind of business?” I curiously asked. 

 

“Hmmm. Family business.” 

 

I just shrug and continue drinking. It’s my 10th or 11th glass or whiskey and mojito, I guess? My head is still clear, I guess. Nope, I hope. 

 

“. Why are they still not here?” I mumbled as I texted my brothers. 

 

“No texting other men when I’m around.” Jiyong said as he put away my phone. 

 

“Hey!” I exclaimed. “I’m texting my brothers and not other boys!” 

 

“They’re already here.” 

 

“How’d you know?” 

 

“I was with them.” 

 

“Where?” 

 

“Just somewhere.” 

 

My eyebrows furrowed. Oh, . My eyes were getting blurry. Am I drunk? But it’s still too early to go home! 

 

“Let’s dance!” I said as I stand up. Oh, heck! I think the world is spinning. 

 

Good thing Jiyong was there to help me stand-up. He placed his hands on my waist. And damn, I felt my whole being is being electrified. 

 

“Careful.” 

 

I looked up, trying to see his face. But, nah, it’s blurry. 

 

“Who are you?” I mumbled. I placed both of my hands on his face. I opened my eyes and smiled when I recognized him. “Oh, my love, grumpylicious.” 

 

His eyebrows furrowed and his grip on my waist tightened. “Grumpy—what?” 

 

I giggled. “Let’s dance.” 

 

He shook his head. “Oh, no baby. You’re drunk. We will go home.” 

 

“But I don’t want to.” I said giggling and pouting. “I want to party.” 

 

I heard him sigh. “Let’s get out of this place.” 

 

I giggled as I felt him carrying me. “My love!” 

 

“Shhh. Shut up.” 

 

I giggled. I buried my face on his neck and sniffed him. “You smell so ing nice…” 

 

I felt him stiffen. “Stop it….” 

 

I planted soft kisses on his neck. “Damn. How I wish I met you sooner before her…” I said as I closed my eyes. This is just the alcohol talking… yeah, just the alcohol.