Chapter 8

The Trouble Is You

Chapter 8 

 

 

Tachycardia 

 

 

“What the heck is this noona?!” Chanyeol asked angrily at me first thing in the morning. “Are you currently dating the High Alpha?!” 

 

My eyebrows furrowed. “Good morning to you, baby.” 

 

“Noona!” Chanyeol roared making everyone in the table look at him. 

 

“What the , Chan—“

 

“You don’t get to shout at me, Chanyeol. Don’t forget I am your eldest sister.” I seriously said. I look at him angrily. What the heck is wrong with him? 

 

Chanyeol blinked a few times and looked down. “Sorry…”

 

Suho elbowed Chanyeol. “Stop being so overprotective.” 

 

“I just… Noona, I’m sorry.” 

 

I didn’t reply. I just sat down and silently ate my breakfast. 

 

I am sleep deprived yet in a good mood but somehow, Chanyeol managed to unleash the inner in me early in the morning. 

 

“Calm down, kids.” Mommy A said as she sat down. “And you, Channie, stop being so overprotective of your sister.” 

 

Chanyeol sighed and mumbled, “Sorry.” I don’t know if he’s referring to me or to Mom, but I don’t really care. 

 

“Darling, what time will you go to Uni?” Mom asked me. “Can you come with me and get our nails done?” 

 

I smiled at mom. She really knows how to make my mood better. “2PM mom.” 

 

“Then, be ready by 10AM. Okay?” 

 

I smiled. We silently ate our breakfast. Thanks to Chanyeol for ruining the mood. 

 

I got up and went to my room to prepare. After taking a shower, I heard a knock in the door. 

 

“Noona…” 

 

I rolled my eyes and sighed. “Come in.” I saw Chanyeol opened the door. “What?” 

 

Channie pouted and sat beside me. “Noona…”

 

“Stop ing out early in the morning, Chanyeol.” I firmly said. 

 

“I was… I’m sorry.” He mumbled. “I’m just shocked to see a public post coming from you.”

 

I raised my eyebrows at him. “And what’s wrong with that?” 

 

“You never post your flings publicly, noona. I…” Chanyeol said in a worried tone. 

 

He looked at me and I suddenly remember the boy my father took many years ago. He was so skinny and timid. He seems afraid of his surroundings. But when I approached him and said, “Your name is Chanyeol, right? I’ll be your noona from now on. I will protect you and love you because you are my new baby brother…”, he held my hand, that boy smiled at me and hugged me tightly. 

 

“Come here…” I hugged him. “What’s wrong with you? Huh?” 

 

“Are you serious with him?” 

 

“Who?” 

 

“Kwon Jiyong sunbae.” He said while pouting. 

 

I heartily laugh at him. Oh, my baby brother. 

 

“It’s just another fun games, Channie.” I said. “And stop being jealous. No one’s going to take me away!” 

 

“Don’t leave us, noona. If you date him, it will be ‘game over’. You… you will get married and you will leave us, you will leave me.” 

 

Among my siblings, Chanyeol is more clingy and protective of me. Probably because he is the first brother my father brought. I love Chanyeol. 

 

“Marriage, my .” I laugh. “Stop spouting nonsense and go to school will you.” 

 

Chanyeol sighed and let go of me. “Are you sure you’re not dating him?” 

 

I flinched his forehead. “Nope. So go away. Mom and I will go somewhere.” 

 

When he got to the door, Chanyeol looked back. “I love you, noona. I know I sound so possessive but I just want the best for you. You deserve the best.” 

 

“And Jiyong isn’t the best for me?” 

 

Chanyeol remained silent. “As of now, probably not.” 

 

I just shrug as he went out of my room. 

 

I stared at the window for awhile. Maybe he knows something about Jiyong that I don’t know. Chanyeol is a nice man, he won’t say those things if he doesn’t know anything.

 

Does Jiyong has a girlfriend I don’t know? 

 

But if he has one, why would he post something about me— his baby— on IG? I mean, it’s his private account. If he has a girlfriend, that girl will see it. 

 

I sighed and just picked clothes so mom and I can go to the salon. I picked a baby blue crop top blouse and paired with white slacks. I got my Gucci signora slingback pump and my blazer.  

 

“Mom! I’m ready!” I said as I went downstairs. 

 

Mommy A, who looks as glamorous as when she was young, smiled at me. “Come, darling.” 

 

We walked with our arms interlocked as we went to the car. The driver opened the door for us. I smiled at him and whispered ‘Thanks’. 

 

“Should I call the driver later to bring your car to the Uni?” Mom asked as we settled inside the car. 

 

I shook my head as my reply. “I’ll just ask Suho or Chanyeol to fetch me later. Maybe our schedules overlap or something. Or I’ll take a cab—“

 

“Oh, darling, you know you can’t.” Mom said sadly. 

 

I gave Mom a small, sad smile. “I know. Well, I’ll just call somebody who’s available after my class.” 

 

I looked at the window. Since my Father is the City Mayor and my older brother is a Councilor, our parents, especially mom is so overprotective of us— of me. Many have thought I am free because I can go wherever I want to go, but they don’t know I have my bodyguards 24/7. They’re there. They just are just mixed in the crowd, like a normal person. But I am aware of them. 

 

And just like now, aside from the driver, we have 2 bodyguards in this car and another 2 who’s our convoy. 

 

I sighed. “You know Mom, I sometimes hate that Dad is a politician.” 

 

Mom gently rubs my hand. “I’m sorry, darling.” 

 

I bitterly said, “Well, it is what it is.” 

 

“Let’s just enjoy our bonding time. Mom and daughter time.” 

 

I giggled. I hug my Mom. Mom smells like vanilla and honey. I remember when we were still kids, me and my brothers will race to our parents room and fight to whoever will sleep with Mom. And because they all love me, they allow me— like a default— to sleep beside Mom. And they fight whoever sleeps on the other side of Mom. 

 

“I love you, Mommy. I am so happy you are my Mom.” I whispered lovingly. 

 

Mom giggled and kissed my forehead. “My darling. I love you so much. You are my precious, baby girl.” 

 

I giggled like a 5 year old. 

 

The car stopped right infront of the salon. Mom and I both went out of the car and went to the reception for our reservation. I enjoyed being with my Mom and getting our nails done. She always makes me feel like I’m still normal, that our family is normal despite all the s. 

 

“So, how are you?” Mom asked eventually. 

 

“I’m doing great Mom. Law School might be stressful but I’m doing fine.” 

 

Mom just smiled at me. Her beauty is really timeless. “How about boys?” 

 

My eyes widened. “M-Mom!” 

 

Mom laughed. “Come on, darling. I have ears and eyes. So, this man named Kwon Jiyong.” 

 

I felt like my cheeks burned. “Uhm… I am interested with him.” 

 

Mom nod and laugh. “Interesting huh.” 

 

“He’s also smart.” 

 

“Uh-huh.” 

 

“And he’s nice. He… he doesn’t care about those rumours circulating about me, Mom. He even said that I am the best study buddy.” 

 

Mom just looked at me with warm smile. “Your smile…” 

 

I looked at her. Still, there’s a smile on my face. “Hmm?” 

 

“Your smile. It reached to your eyes, darling…” 

 

I looked at Mom, confused. “What do you mean, Mom?” I asked. “I always smile like this.” 

 

“I know but earlier when you were talking about Jiyong, your smile seems genuine. And it’s sparkling.” 

 

I was dumbfounded. I don’t know what to say. 

 

“Mom… I… I don’t think I am capable of liking someone.” 

 

“Darling…” Mom reached out for my hand. Her face looks so concerned because of what I told her. “You are capable.” 

 

“I’m scared, Mommy. I… I don’t want to be hurt. I don’t like the feeling of… pain.” 

 

Mom sighed. ”This is all my fault…” 

 

“Mom! No!” I exclaimed. “It’s not like that. Stop blaming yourself. I… We understand you, Mom. Please…” 

 

“Darling, listen. It’s okay to like someone. It’s okay to love someone. And it’s okay to be afraid of being hurt.” She said with tears on her eyes. “And pain is part of loving someone. Don’t be afraid of love, darling. It’s a beautiful feeling.” 

 

I simply nod and smile. There were times when I think if Mom really deserved it— what happened in the past. 

 

I am afraid of feeling something more to someone else. Be it infatuation or love. The reason why I always date guys and drop them whenever it becomes ‘serious’. People call me a ‘playgirl’ but I am just protecting myself from the pain that is included in liking and loving someone. 

 

After getting our nails done, Mom and I had lunch. It was short but I really enjoyed our bonding time. 

 

“Call me if your brothers busy, okay? I will ask the driver to pick you up.” 

 

I nod and smile. “Yes, Mom. Take care!” 

 

I scanned my ID and went inside the University. It’s a bit humid and good thing my clothes is so comfortable. As I was walking, I texted my siblings, in our GC, asking what time will they go home. 

 

“Hey. No texting while walking.” 

 

I looked up, was about to out when I saw Jiyong. I flashed a smile. 

 

“Hey, my love…” 

 

He shook his head. Still, with a smile on his face. “Where are you going?” 

 

“Huh? Class?” I asked, confused. 

 

“You didn’t receive the text from the Prof?” 

 

I shook my head, eyebrows furrowed. “No.” I took out my phone and boy, saw the message. I slapped my forehead. “Damn it.” 

 

Jiyong chuckled. “So, where are you going?” 

 

“I’ll go home. I’ll just text our driver since I didn’t bring my car.” 

 

“Hmm. How about you study with me?” 

 

I raised my eyebrows. “Library?” 

 

“Nope.” 

 

“Where?” 

 

“Frat House. I bet your brothers were there too.” 

 

“Am I even allowed to be there?” I asked. I bet their fraternity is strict. 

 

“Nah. I’m the High Alpha, the Frat Leader, so it will be fine. Plus, all of your siblings were members.” 

 

I just shrug. “Fine.” 

 

“Great.” 

 

Jiyong started to walk and I followed him. Their Frat House is located near the Org Building but theirs is separated. It has a black and white painting with their logo and I can see a lot of students coming in and out of the said building. It’s as if their building is created just for them. 

 

“Cool.” 

 

“Yeah. I’m glad I transferred here and got accepted in this fraternity.” 

 

He scanned his ID and entered the house. If the outside seems cool, the inside screams elitism. The furniture and the interior is high class— like the building looks more like a museum than an org house. I saw the pictures of the alumni’s and even saw one of our country’s Senator! Oh, dads picture is also here. 

 

“Wow.” The only word I said. 

 

“A lot of students wants to enter this frat is because of the perks.” 

 

“What kind of perks?” 

 

Jiyong grinned. “Connection.”

 

Right. With those alumni’s? Only the blind won’t see how powerful this frat is. 

 

As we started to walk, a lot of the ‘frat boys’ greeted Jiyong, well because he is their frat leader. We entered a room— more like a mini conference room. It was clean and has a cool vibes. Like a small space fore relaxing. 

 

“Now we can study here.” 

 

“Uhg. I didn’t saw the message earlier. Damn it.” I ranted. “I didn’t even bring my car! My brothers class will end late. ! !” 

 

“Stop cussing, baby.” 

 

Damn it. I felt like my lips trembled. I gasped for air. “W-What?” 

 

“I really hate my girl who cuss.” 

 

I rolled my eyes. “My mouth, my rules.” 

 

“Oh, I wanna lavish that mouth of yours…” he whispered, but not enough for me not to hear it! 

 

“Jiyong!” I exclaimed. 

 

Jiyong laughed. Like heartily laughing. His eyes were tightly closed and his shoulders were making frantic moves. 

 

“I’m sorry. I’m just teasing you.” He even dried the tears from his eyes. “You’re so cute when you’re speechless.” 

 

I jokingly punched him on his shoulder. “Not funny.” 

 

“This is just the tip of my ‘playboy moves’ and yet you’re already speechless.” He commented. “What more if you met me on my prime.” 

 

I bit my lower lip as I look away. If I met him before… A good thought. 

 

“Maybe we’ll be exes.” I giggled. 

 

“Hmm. I beg to disagree.” 

 

“Whatever.” 

 

We’ve decided to start our ‘study session’. I like this dynamic with Ji. I like that he’s hardworking with his studies— that he’s not just a ‘cool boy’ who acts high and mighty but stupid. 

 

“Jiyong! Noona!” I looked up and saw Suho walking towards us. They did their frat handshake. “Noona, what are you doing here?” 

 

“Our class got cancelled so we’re studying here.” I pouted. “And I need a ride, baby.” 

 

Suho nod. “I still have class. Will you wait—“

 

“I’ll just take her home.” Jiyong in. “We’ll be done in awhile.” 

 

Suho just nod. “Okay. Then, take care noona.” Suho kissed my forehead and head out. 

 

I looked at Jiyong who’s looking at me intensely. “W-What?” 

 

“I’m a jealous type, you know...” 

 

“Huh?” 

 

He shook his head, as if dismissing me. “Let’s go.” 

 

He gathered our stuffs and head out. I didn’t even noticed that we’ve been studying for 3 hours and it’s already dark outside. 

 

When we got to the car park, Jiyong opened the doors for me. “Thanks.” I mumbled. 

 

He put my seatbelts for me and again, those wild animals in my stomach. Damn it. It’s not like this is my first time riding on his car but I got a bit nervous. 

 

“Are you sure you’ll head straight home?” He asked as he started the engine. “No partying?” 

 

I rolled my eyes at him. “It’s not Friday night.” 

 

Jiyong chuckled. “Yeah. How about dinner?” 

 

Jiyong is now driving as we speak. “A-Are you asking me for dinner?” 

 

I gasped. My heart starts to beat abnormally fast. God! I might be sick. This isn’t good! 

 

“Yeah. I’m asking you to eat dinner with me.” 

 

“Stop the car...” I said as I try to compose myself. This is one of a hell good tachycardia I’m feeling right now! 

 

“Huh? I can’t. We are in the express—“

 

“Stop the car!” I yelled. 

 

“Why are you— the hell Sandara!” 

 

I was laughing so hard. Am I going crazy right now? My laughter is echoing inside his car. Jiyong shook his head and from time to time laugh with me. 

 

“What’s wrong with you?” 

 

I wiped the tears on my eyes. “I just want to do that. I’ve been wanting to do that.” 

 

Jiyong reached for me cheeks and pinched them. “Crazy baby girl…” 

 

Again, those dame good tachycardia.