Chapter 6

The Trouble Is You

Chapter 6 

 

 

Wink

 

 

 

 

After staying for a couple of hours in a Coffee Shop, Jiyong decided to take me home. And surprisingly, it was fun. We did talk about so many things that it felt like we’ve become close. And I somehow don’t want to flirt with him anymore. 

 

“How come you didn’t ask me about my address?” I asked as he entered the Village. And the Village Guard didn’t even ask for his ID. 

 

“Because I’ve been to your house before.” 

 

My mouth hanged with his words. “Y-You what?” 

 

“Well, I’m friends with your brothers— from Seven down to Jeonghan.” He simply replied. “And I also live here.” 

 

Shocked is an understatement to what I felt right now. 

 

“No !” I yelled. “Then why were you so rude to me before?” 

 

He just shrug. “Just because.” 

 

I pouted and crossed my arm. “And that’s the reason why my siblings know you. Like so damn well.” 

 

He chuckled and shook his head. “We’re part of a Fraternity. That’s why.” 

 

I didn’t reply. I just closed my eyes and shut my mouth. The drive to our house is short and it felt weird. Like whenever I go home alone the drive feels so long. 

 

I felt the car stopped and as I open my eyes, I saw the car is now parked outside our house. 

 

I sighed. “Thanks for driving me home.” 

 

“Welcome.” 

 

I looked at him. His hand were on the steering wheel and I can clearly see his tattoos. Damn it. And here I thought I don’t want to flirt with him anymore. Why the heck is Kwon Jiyong so charismatic and hot? 

 

I cleared my throat. “I-I gotta go.” 

 

“Okay. Good night.” 

 

“Good night.” 

 

I unbuckled my seatbelt and went out of his car. I entered the house and looked back— Jiyong lowered the car windows and waved at me. 

 

I waved back. “Take care! Drive safely.” 

 

He smiled. “My house is just a few blocks from here.” 

 

“Still.” I insisted. “Now go.” 

 

He shook his head, disagreeing. “You enter first.” 

 

I just giggled and went inside. I heard his car leaving. It’s already 2AM and the house is so silent. My car isn’t here so I assume the boys still out partying. Actually it’s still to early to go home but meh. 

 

I went up and took a shower. As I dry my hair I got my phone and texted Jiyong. 

 

 

To: My Love✨ 

Did you got home safely? 

 

 

 

Few minutes later, still no reply. I bit my lower lip. 

 

“Heck. Maybe the ‘ceasefire’ is over.” I mumbled as I fall asleep. 

 

 

 

 

THE NEXT DAY I got up to eat brunch. My parents were on the dinning table so as my siblings. Well, it’s like our family tradition that as much as possible we eat lunch together during weekends. Due to busy schedules we sometimes don’t eat together on weekdays. 

 

“Good morning— err, afternoon everyone.” I greeted as I gave them a kiss on their cheeks. 

 

“Glad you’re safe and sound.” Mingyu commented. 

 

“And why is that? You all felt relieved that someone took me home, right? And it’s Jiyong.” 

 

“We were looking for you, noona. Geez.” Jeonghan said as he drank wanter. “I was about to enjoy the night when Chanyeol told us to look for you since we didn’t saw you.” 

 

I rolled my eyes. “Duh, Suho knows my whereabouts.” 

 

Suho smiled at me. “I told them. It’s just Chanyeol is so possessive.” 

 

“What? Noona shouldn’t be left alone. The club is a dangerous place.” Chanyeol mumbled. 

 

“I was with your friend, Jiyong. Come on.” I commanded. “And it’s not like I can’t defend myself. Duh.” 

 

“Okay. Enough with your banters and eat up.” Mom told us. “What time did you got home, darling?” 

 

“Around 2.” I replied. 

 

“Wow. That’s new.” Dad said as he sip his drink. “Too early for a Friday night-out.” 

 

“Yeah.” I giggled. “And mind you, I was in a coffee shop from 11 to 2AM. Isn’t that weird dad?” 

 

Dad laughed. “It is, darling.” 

 

“Well, anyways, tonight mom and I will have dinner date so you can do whatever you want. Just… Jeonghan don’t bring girls in our house.” Dad informed us. 

 

Jeonghan looked at dad. “It’s always me. Huh!” 

 

“Because you were caught once.” Mingyu said as he throw napkin on Jeonghans face. 

 

We laughed in unison. My family… is at peace. I can still remember how chaotic it was before. Due to my father’s affairs and cheating issues, mom was always crying. She questioned dad’s love but despite that, mom accepted my younger siblings. I can still remember she told them— ‘I am your mother. Although you did not come from my womb, my heart gave birth to you. And I love you, my beloved sons.” 

 

I smiled. It’s still a mystery to us how mom managed to forgive dad. I mean, he cheated and had sons— 4 at that. 

 

“Uhg, I have to go. Need to review.” I said as I got up. “Call me if Jeonghan tries to slip and bring girls. Okay?” 

 

“Noona!” Jeonghan protested. 

 

“Bye, babies!” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Taxation is a mode of raising revenue for public purposes…” I mumbled. I need to finish this 5 chapters today so I can move and read my Civil Law Review notes. 

 

It’s already 4PM and I’ve been reading nonstop since 11AM. 

 

 

To: My Love✨

How’s goin? 

 

 

I bit my lower lip while waiting for his reply. I texted him earlier but he didn’t replied— which is… fine I guess. I mean, maybe we got back to being ‘not that close’ huh. The ‘ceasefire’ is gone. 

 

I was about to go back to reading my notes when I felt my phone vibrated. My heart skipped a beat the moment I saw Jiyong name on my phone. 

 

 

From: My Love✨

Busy. Reading Taxation. How ‘bout you? 

 

 

I blinked twice as I digest his reply. No . This is the first time Jiyong casually asking me. It’s always me who keeps on pestering him. 

 

 

Me: 

Same. 

 

 

From: My Love✨

Oh. And here I thought you’ll have hangover. 

 

 

Crazy. This guy… 

 

 

Me: 

No judgement please. My party version is gone the moment I open my eyes today🤭

 

 

I thought it was a reply— holy cows. Jiyong is calling me. I don’t know but my heart keeps on beating so damn hard. Geez. It’s just a phone call! 

 

“H-Hello?” I answered. What the heck— why am I stuttering? 

 

“It is a scheme used outside of the lawful means and when availed of, it subjects the taxpayer to further or additional civil or criminal liabilities—“

 

“Tax evasion.” I cut him. I heard him laugh. “Well, hello there, Mr. Nice Guy.” 

 

“You are really reading huh.” He said. 

 

“Of course. I need to work my because I partied for 2 years.” I giggled. “Why did you call? Aren’t you busy? What are you doing?” I asked. 

 

“Woah, woah. Easy.” He simply said but there’s a hint of laughter. “I called just because—“

 

“— stop with the just because—“

 

“Well, it’s true. And I’m busy—“

 

“— then why did you call—“

 

“Hey, hey. Let me finish first.” He said while laughing. “I’m busy studying. And I called so I can study with you.” 

 

My eyebrows furrowed. “What do you mean?” 

 

“VC?” He asked. 

 

“O-kaaay.” 

 

I pressed the ‘video’ button and good Lord. The first thing I saw were his sharp jaws. And his hair is fixed! He look nice! I bet he smells nice too. Damn. How can this guys so handsome? 

 

“Woah…” I said as I stare at my camera. 

 

He chuckled as he put his phone infront of him— showing his whole face. Jiyong is just wear a sweat pants and plain white shirt. 

 

“My love looks so fine…” I mumbled which I bet he heard as he let out a small laugh. 

 

“Come on. Let’s study.” He suggested. 

 

“Oh, geez. I was studying just fine and here you are, calling me and distracting me with your handsome face.” 

 

Jiyong laughed hard. He shook his head as if he can’t believe what I just told him. “And here I thought I got a new study buddy.” 

 

“Study buddy, my . I’m here to flirt.” I said while giggling. 

 

“And she’s back at it.” He commented. “Anyway, I find us amusing.” 

 

“U-Us?” Oh, . Why does the word ‘us’ made her stutter. I mean, hello, she should be the one firing flirty remarks here. 

 

“Yeah, us. I mean, at first, I really find you annoying, you know.” 

 

I rolled my eyes while scanning my notes. “The difference between direct and indirect taxes?” 

 

“Direct tax is a tax which taxpayer is liable on the transaction or business it engages in like income tax, estate tax and donors tax. On the other hand, indirect tax is primarily paid by persons who can shift the burden upon someone else like VAT, excise tax and so on.” 

 

“Hmm. Why do you find me annoying?” I asked still looking at my notes. No way I will look at him. My heart… is going crazy! 

 

“Because you’re flirty?” 

 

I laughed. “You’re the first person who told me that.” 

 

“Because you’re used to people who keeps on praising you.” He honestly replied. 

 

I bit my lower lip. Good Lord! This is… the main reason why I find Jiyong so interesting. He’s brutally honest. He doesn’t filter words just to please me. 

 

“Oh, God. Can you date me? Let’s skip the flirting part.” I said while laughing. 

 

“I thought play girls don’t date?” He said as he shook his head. 

 

“I really, really find you so damn interesting, Ji. Good heavens!” 

 

“Well, what can I say.” He simply replied. “Now, let’s study?” 

 

“Sure.” 

 

We were both reading silently and from time to time, gives questions to each other. And I can really say, Jiyong is really a smart . Damn. He’s interesting, smart and smells so ing nice. 

 

I didn’t noticed the time not until Suho knocked on the door. 

 

“Noona, dinner is ready.” He said while peeping his head. “Oh, hyung.” 

 

“Bro.” Jiyong replied. 

 

“Okay. I’ll go down in a minute.” 

 

“Well, we finished the review materials so I guess it’s safe to say we’re done.” Jiyong said as he stretched his arms. “You’re the best study buddy.” 

 

I giggled. “Of course, I am the best. So, I gotta go. I need to eat. I’m famished.” 

 

“Sure.” 

 

“Uhm, Ji.” 

 

“Hmm?” 

 

“When will the ‘ceasefire’ ends? I mean, if this is just for the weekend, I will understand. I’ll just keep on pestering you until you—“

 

“I won’t flirt back, if that’s what ‘pestering’ means.” 

 

I pouted. “So, when?” 

 

“I dunno. We can be friends though. Study buddy?” 

 

I rolled my eyes. “I’d rather flirt with you than be friendzoned by you.” 

 

He laugh. “Then, this will end tonight. Tomorrow, I’ll be back to stone-cold Jiyong.” 

 

I sighed. “Well, that’s what it is.” 

 

“Yeah. But it was fun.” 

 

I sighed. “Then, see you on Monday?” 

 

Jiyong smiled at her. “See you then.” 

 

 

 

 

 

MONDAY CAME and yes, Jiyong got back to being cold and intimidating. Weird how we were ‘friends’ few days ago and now back to square one. 

 

“Hi.” I greeted him as I sat beside him. 

 

He just gave me a short glance and continues to read. I just shrug and also read some notes. So he really mean it. A part of me thought he’s just joking. 

 

“Sunbae!” Mino, one of classmates called me. 

 

I rolled my eyes as I slightly tap his shoulder. “I’m not your sunbae anymore. Geez.” 

 

Mino chuckled. “We were looking for you last Friday night! Where were you?” 

 

I gave Jiyong a quick glance and saw his jaw tensed. What now? I was with him that night and by the way his jaw tensed, it seems like he doesn’t want his name to be mentioned. 

 

“Oh, just went home early.” I replied. 

 

“Really? Weird.” Mino commented. “Anyway, we’re teamed up for Practice Court.” 

 

I nod and in excitement. “Well, I will grill the opponent. I mean, we will.” 

 

“I’m the opponent though.” Jiyong spoke making all of us look at him. “See you in court, Attorney Sandara.” He gave me a grin. 

 

I wanted to laugh but I just shrug. “Oh well, let’s see who’s going to win.” 

 

Jiyong just grinned. “I won’t be an easy opponent.” 

 

“So am I.” I confidently replied. Then, a funny idea came. “And if I win, you’ll do something for me.” 

 

“Sure.” Jiyong shrug. “I’m sure I’ll win.” 

 

“U-Uhm, anyways. The Prof will give the case next meeting so how about we have a meeting?” Mino said. 

 

“Sure. Just text me when.” 

 

“A’right.” 

 

Mino went back to his seat. I gave Jiyong a slight nudge, whispering. “You were listening.” 

 

“I can’t help it. You two were talking near me.” 

 

I giggled. “Why are we even whispering? What are we? Secret couple?” 

 

Jiyong shook his head and smirked. “Secret couple…” 

 

“Did you sleep well last night?” I asked, just to continue the conversation. 

 

“Hmm. Yeah…” he replied. “How about you?” 

 

“Uhm, yeah. I was thinking if you’ll really go back to being cold and distant or what you told me was a joke.” 

 

Jiyong chuckle this time. “I just want to remain mysterious. Is it effective?” 

 

“Very.” I giggled. 

 

“So, after class, uhm, you goin’ home?” 

 

I raised my left eyebrows this time. “Are you asking me out?” 

 

He shook his head. “Nope.” 

 

“Why ask?” 

 

“Curious?” 

 

“And here I thought you’ll be back to being Mr. Grumpylicious.” I giggled. God. This man. He makes me laugh I find this weird. 

 

“Grumpy— what?” He said, amused. I can even see his lips were twitching. 

 

“It’s my secret code. For you.” 

 

“Well…”

 

“And to answer you question, no, I won’t. I’ll stay out and do some readings.” 

 

“Hmm.” Jiyong said as he twist his lips. “Okay. Take care then.” 

 

I rolled my eyes at him. “Seriously?” 

 

He just winked at me and heck, I think he took my breath away.