Chapter 5

The Trouble Is You

Chapter 5 

 

It’s scary 

 

 

 

My head freaking hurts like hell. It felt like the whole world is spinning. 

 

But my mind is still clear. Jiyong is currently carrying me— bridal style. And it felt… dreamy. . I guess I’m too drunk because I’m thinking of something cheesy. 

 

“My love…” I mumbled as I felt my vision gets blurry. 

 

“Tsss.” I heard him say as I giggle. 

 

I kept my arm on his neck as a support. I know and trust Jiyong won’t drop me but still. 

 

“Are we going to a hotel?” I said, flashing my flirting smile. 

 

Due to my blurring vision, I don’t know what face Jiyong is using. And I swear to Gods I want to smack myself for not controlling the drinks I’ve been drinking. I wish I can see his facial expression right now! I bet it’s interesting. 

 

“Nope. I will take you home.” 

 

He put me down when we got infront of his car- while getting his car keys from his pocket, his other hand were still rested on my waist. 

 

Good Lord! I can still feel the electricity from his touch. This… never happened to me before. I’ve flirted a lot, met a lot of boys, but never in my whole life I’ve felt this electricity. 

 

Crap. Maybe I’m using too much electronics lately… 

 

Jiyong opened the car door and lightly pushed me inside. He even placed his hand over my head so I won’t bump on the car headboard. Good Lord! Why is he so nice huh. 

 

I giggled. “Thanks, my love…” 

 

I heard him sighed. He put on the seatbelts for me. I smiled inwardly. Gentleman… 

 

After closing the door, I felt him near the drivers seat. He really do smell nice. y. Manly. 

 

“What time is it?” I asked while my eyes still closed. Too much drinking! I was never this weak! Heck! 

 

“11.” He simply replied as he started the engine. 

 

“I don’t want to go home…” I said while pouting. “I want to drink and party.” 

 

I saw Jiyong gave me glare which made me giggle. “No more drinking, young lady.” 

 

“Young lady? FYI, I’m 2 years older than you!” I snorted. “And you do sound like an old daddy, you know.” 

 

He chuckled. Oh, what a smexy chuckle there, my love…

 

“Daddy? Hmmm. You can call me ‘daddy’ too.” 

 

I gasped. It felt like the insides of the car become too small and the air becomes hot. I looked at him and saw his playboy smirk. I bit my lower lip. 

 

“Oh, boy. Now you’re flirting…” 

 

Jiyong just shook his head and continued to silently drive. I was looking at him and honestly, I do find him really really attractive. And interesting. No . 

 

“You’re so interesting.” I said out of nowhere. 

 

“Hmmm. I know. You kept on saying that.” 

 

I looked away. “I don’t want to go to home.” 

 

“It’s late—“

 

“It’s still 11PM. Come on!” 

 

“You’re drunk.” He said, boringly. As if I don’t know! Duh. 

 

“But, I still don’t want to go home.” I said while pouting. “And now, I’m not drunk. Just… tipsy.” 

 

Come on! You’re fooling no one, Sandara. I don’t even know why I drank so many whiskey earlier. I have high alcohol tolerance and when drinking, I always kept my guard high—especially when my brothers were not around. So why the heck am I drunk huh? 

 

“Well, if that’s what you want. Let’s go to a coffee shop.” 

 

“Yey! Thanks, my love.” I said while giving him a smile. 

 

I saw him shook his head and grin as he made a U-turn. I just bit my lower lip and grab my purse (which surprisingly Jiyong carried earlier) and got my phone out. 

 

I texted Chaerin about my whereabouts and called Suho. 

 

“Baby, where the heck were you?” I said as I pouted. I played with my lip using my hand. 

 

“Noona, we were at the club. We were looking for you. But I saw you with Jiyong sunbae, so we just assumed you’ll be fine.” Suho replied. “Are you still with him? Are you okay? Will you be fine?” Suho asked. 

 

“Damn. I got… tipsy. And yeah, I’m fine and I’m with him. I wont cause any trouble, promise.” 

 

I heard Jiyong snorted when I say ‘won’t cause any trouble’ which made me look at him. He’s still silently driving but with an amused expression. Geez. 

 

“Anyways, drive my car— oh, crap my car keys with me.” I whispered. 

 

“Oh, I do have your spare key so I will drive it later.” 

 

“Thanks, baby. Please, take care of my beloved Chevy. I will kick you if—“

 

“Fine, fine. I will take care of you son, Chevy.” 

 

“Yeah, you better.” Jiyong slowly parked his car in a coffee shop—Bo’s Coffee. “Well, I better hang-up. And please, baby, for the love of God, don’t get wasted and look after Mingyu and Jeonghan! Especially Jeonghan! I don’t want to become an Aunt at an early age.” 

 

Suho giggled. “Fine, fine. Take care, noona. I love you! Mwah!” 

 

I laughed. Suho, my beloved sibling. “You too take care! I love you too! Mwah! And take care my babies!” 

 

I ended the call and look at Jiyong, who’s still looking at me with an amused facial expression. 

 

“Hmm?” 

 

“You do sound close with your siblings.” 

 

I chuckle. “Of course.” 

 

He shook his head and unbuckle his seatbelt, so as mine. “Let’s go. You should drink hot coffee to flash out the alcohol in your system.” 

 

I bit my lower lip and nod. We both went out of his car. I didn’t even let him open the doors for me. I saw him grab his coat from the backseat and gave it to me— which I find cute. Why so gentle. 

 

“I can open the doors for you, you know.” Jiyong said with his eyebrows furrowed. There’s a disappointment in his tone of voice. 

 

“What?” I said while chuckling. “Come on. It’s fine.” 

 

We both went inside the shop. He even fixed the coat on my shoulder. 

It was a bit packed. There were lots of students studying and doing something on their laptop. 

 

Jiyong placed his hands on my waist and guided me towards the counter. 

 

“What do you want?” He asked me. 

 

I smiled. Heck. Where the heck is the cold and intimidating Kwon Jiyong? The guy with me right now is… sweet. Damn it. My stomach is getting… crazy. Like some wild animals were running wild inside. Or maybe, it’s the alcohol. Yep, maybe it’s the alcohol. 

 

“I want to eat. Pasta. Garlic Pasta.” I said as I look at him. “And cake. Hmm. Red Velvet.” 

 

He nodded. “How about drinks?” 

 

I bit my lower lip as I scan the menu. “Matcha Green Tea.” 

 

“Cold?” I nod. “You should drink hot drink.”

 

“I don’t want to.” 

 

“Alright.” 

 

Jiyong ordered and I was just listening to him intently. Still, Jiyongs hands were on my waist and heck, he’s pinching my skin lightly. 

 

“My love…” I mumbled. 

 

He stopped talking to the barista and looked at me. I almost gasped when I saw his soft expression. Seriously? What is wrong with him today? 

 

“Hmm?” He said and I felt again those soft pinch on my waist. 

 

“I want grilled sandwich. Triple cheese, please.” I said. 

 

“Alright.”

 

When he finished ordering, I gave him my card but he declined. I kept on insisting since I ordered too many but he said it’s fine. I just gave up. 

 

We went to the inner corner and sat there.  We were facing the window. He was about to sit across to me when I tap the seat beside me. 

 

“Sit here.” 

 

He shook his head while smiling. “It’s too cramped.” 

 

I pouted. “Please…?” 

 

I saw him sighed and surprisingly sat besides me. I almost clap my hands but managed not to do it. Hey, Jiyong seems too soft right now! 

 

“What happened to you? Are you the real Kwon Jiyong?” I asked him while looking at him weirdly. “If not, bring him back!” 

 

“Huh?” He asked, confused. 

 

“You’re not cold today. I mean, you’re cold in school but now you’re not.” 

 

I saw him laughed at me. “You’re weird.” 

 

“No, you are the weird one here.” I jokingly said. “So, what’s the catch?” 

 

Jiyongs lips raised. “Why so smart, my love…”

 

I smirked at him. “So, you’re doing this game?” 

 

He just shrug and smirked. “Well, let’s just say it’s ‘ceasefire’ today because you’re drunk—“

 

“—I told you I’m not drunk!—“

 

“—Okay. Tipsy. Geez. And I don’t like playing games anymore.” 

 

I rolled my eyes at him. I settled my head on his shoulder and sat comfortably while waiting for our order. 

 

“Damn it. I’m ing hungry.” I mumbled. “And dizzy.” 

 

“Stop cussing.” He said. 

 

“Damn it. My head ing hurts.”

 

Jiyong sighed. “Why did you drink too much huh. Hmm. Boyfriend problem?” 

 

I snorted and lightly punched his thigh. “Boyfriend, my . I don’t do boyfriend.” 

 

“Then why drink too—“

 

“Because it’s TGIF. We don’t have class tomorrow.” I said as I closed my eyes. I’m really dizzy. “I want to relax.” 

 

“And drinking and partying relaxes you?” He asked, sounding like teasing me. 

 

“Yeah. Surprisingly.” I replied. “And stop talking as if you’re not a party animal before.” 

 

He chuckled. “Oh, you did your research huh.” 

 

“My friend knows you and well, we talked about you earlier.” 

 

“Hmmm.” He simply said. 

 

I heard the staff placed our order in our table.  I opened my eyes and my mouth watered the moment I saw the grilled cheese. 

 

“Damn.” I mumbled. I thanked the staff. 

 

“Oh, Miss Sandara.” The staff said while smiling at me. “Can I have a picture with you?” 

 

I giggled. I’m not even an influencer or something yet some people asks for my picture. “Sure.” 

 

I looked at Ji who’s looking at us intently. “Do I look fine, my love?” 

 

“Still pretty.” 

 

Damn it. I think I am blushing from his compliment. This is not good! 

 

I stand-up and stumble a little. “I’m sorry. I’m a bit tipsy.” I told the staff. 

 

I posed for a picture. I felt Jiyongs’ hand on my elbows, supporting me. After that I gave the staff a smile as she went back to work. 

 

I sat down and smile at Jiyong. “Thanks.” 

 

He just nod at me and I started to eat. He’s silently sipping his coffee. “So, what did your friend told you about me?” 

 

I took a sip of my drink. “Oh, just some basic stuffs.” 

 

“Like what?” 

 

“Your academic background.” 

 

“And?”

 

I looked at him. Damn it. His cold and intimidating aura is so hot but this version of Jiyong— the playful  and nice version is hotter. Good Lord! Will I be able to survive flirting with this guy? 

 

But, should I tell him the fact that I knew what happened to his supposed to wedding? I… don’t know. Oh, great. No, I shouldn’t. It would bruised his ego. 

 

“Your playboy history.” I shortly replied. 

 

I heard him chuckle. “Really? And what’s your verdict? Hmm? Miss Current Playgirl?” 

 

“Hmm. Nothing.” I said while munching the sandwich. “This is delicious. You should try this.” I said as I put the sandwich near his mouth— which Jiyong took a bite. 

 

“Hmm. It’s delicious.” 

 

“Right?” I continued eating. “And I heard something interesting.” 

 

“What?” 

 

“It’s something to do with your eerr…” Oh, great. Why did I even talked about the wedding scandal. 

 

Jiyong chuckled. “My supposed to be wedding?” 

 

I look at him and caught him smiling. And it’s weird. Because I am expecting him to be in a bad mood or what. Like, talking about a failed wedding will definitely turn your mood to sour. 

 

“Why are you laughing?” I asked curiously. 

 

“Huh?” 

 

“Your failed wedding. Why are you laughing as if it’s nothing serious.” 

 

Jiyong just shrug and got my fork. He twirl it and ate some pasta. “This is good. Try this.” 

He feed me with a spoonful of pasta. “It’s delicious, right?” 

 

I nod. But heck! He’s avoiding the topic! “Hey, answer me.” 

 

“That was 2 years ago, Sandara.” He said in a serious tone. 

 

“And now we are back to a first-name basis huh.” I commented. 

 

He chuckled and continue feeding me. “As what I am saying, that was 2 years ago.” 

 

“2 years ago is not too long ago.” I said, while munching the pasta. “Have you really moved on?” 

 

“Hmmm. Maybe?” 

 

I snorted. “You haven’t.” 

 

“We have different pace of moving-on, Sandara. As for me, I guess I moved-on…?”

 

I just shrug. There’s uncertainty in his tone of voice. 

Damn it. Is this worth it? The trouble? I mean, this is exciting and Jiyong is interesting. But a part of me don’t want to be involved with men who’s still have hang-ups. That’s disaster! 

 

“Well, it’s not like I will date you.” I mumbled as I sip my drink. 

 

Jiyong also shrug. We just silently ate. 

 

“I want to take a sip.” I said as I look at Jiyongs coffee. “Can I?” 

 

Jiyong nod and gave me his cup of coffee. I took a sip and good heavens. I think my headache is cured. 

 

“Anyways, there will be recit on Monday.” Jiyong told me. 

 

“Now my headache came back.” I groaned. “Stop talking about acads please.” 

 

Jiyong laugh at me. “I’ve never heard someone like you. An achiever who parties.” 

 

“Although I am one of a kind, my friend Chaerin also parties like me.” I commented. 

 

“Well, I heard she graduated Laude.” 

 

“Yeah. I’m so proud of her.” I smiled. “Chaerin is really amazing. She’s now a fully-pledged Lawyer.” 

 

“You should be proud of yourself too. You’re good too. Too good for a party lover.” 

 

I just smile. “Am I?” 

 

“Yeah.” 

 

“Uhm, can we talk about your ex… err… fiancé?” I changed the topic. . Hearing a compliment from him is making me feel… giddy and shy. 

 

“Curious huh.” Jiyong said while smirking. “Since today is ‘ceasefire day’, I will answer your questions.” 

 

“No . Why is it ‘ceasefire day’ today?” I curiously asked. 

 

He look at me confused. “I thought you’ll ask about Kiko?” 

 

I bit my lower lip. “I’m also curious about her but I want to know this too. So, why?” 

 

“Why?” Jiyong mumbled. Ohhh, I’m dying to know the answer. “Hmm. Let’s just say someone asked me to be nice to you.” 

 

“Who? Is it one of my brothers?” 

 

“Maybe.” Jiyong gave me a playful smile. “And I also want to be your friend.” 

 

I snorted as I look at him. “Friend, my . I don’t need additional friend.” 

 

Jiyong chuckled. “Well…” 

 

“Anyways, about your ex.” 

 

“Hmm?” 

 

“Why did she leave you?” I frankly asked him. Well, there’s no need to filter things. 

 

Jiyongs shoulder moved as he laugh. He’s having a good laugh with my question. Maybe he was taken aback because I’m too frank. 

 

“I don’t know. Maybe we will ask her when she comes back.” Jiyongs still holding his stomach from too much laughing. 

 

“Well, where is she now?” 

 

“Japan. The last time I heard she’s modelling there.” Jiyong simply replied. 

 

“I really find this amusing. I mean, you’ve moved-on so fast.” 

 

Jiyong just shrug. “I don’t know. I just let go of those feelings— grief, anger, shock. I mean, it’s shocking, what she did to me but that’s it. One day, I woke up… feeling fine. That I’m okay. Plus, I got busy with school stuffs.” 

 

“Still not convinced.” I mumbled which I gained a laugh from Jiyong. 

 

“How about you?” He asked me. 

 

I rolled my eyes at him. “Obviously I haven’t been engaged—“

 

“That’s not it. Sandara, why are you playing this game?” I looked away. I honestly… don’t want to talk about it. “Did someone broke your fragile heart once upon a time?” 

 

I once again punch his thighs. “Fragile my .” 

 

“Tell me. Come on. I’m so nice today we can exchange secrets.” 

 

I just shrug and look away. “For a record, my heart is strong. And no one… broke my heart. It’s just that… I don’t like the feeling of love. It’s ing scary.” 

 

Jiyong remained silent. I look at him as he stare at his coffee. “Yeah, it’s scary…” 

 

We both sighed. We look at each other and laugh. Good Lord! Now I don’t want to flirt with him anymore! He’s fun to be with!