Chapter 3

The Trouble Is You

Chapter 3 

 

Skinny 

 

I woke up determined to make the grumpylicious guy smile. I know this may seems impossible but I’ll try. Todays class is Labor Law Review. And it will be a 3-hour class. I shook my head, preparing myself for the headache ahead. 

 

 

To: Grumpylicious😤🤭 

I love my bed but I’d rather be in yours. 

Good morning, my love! See you later😉

 

 

Wow. I cannot believe I am so flirty early in the morning. 

 

I wore my white pencil skirt, just right above my knee, with black blouse and a coat. Even if I wanted to wear my normal clothes, the school has proper attire. And my normal clothes weren’t that ‘normal’ with the schools clothing rule. 

 

“Oh, my princess is here.” Dad said as I kissed him on his cheeks. “Good morning.”

 

“Good morning, Dad.” I smiled. “Where’s mom? Where’s everyone?” 

 

It’s really unusual not seeing them first thing in the morning. 

 

“Oh, the boys went out for a jog.” He replied. 

 

“Oh, my. My sweet daughter’s still looking for me even if she’s a lady already.” Mommy A said as she kissed my temple. 

 

“Mom.” I blushed. It’s not a secret that we all love and adore our parents- especially our Mom. Well, our mom is kind and the best mom in the world. “Where have you been?” 

 

My mom chuckled. Even if she’s already in her 50s, she’s still so beautiful. Breathtakingly beautiful. And I’m so glad she is my mother. 

“I just watered the plants, my dear.” 

 

I chuckled. “We have helpers to do that.” I said as I scoop fried rice and eggs. Well, breakfast is my favorite. Can’t blame me for eating heavy breakfast. 

 

“Oh, you know I want to personally take care of my plants.” 

 

Dad cleared his throat. “Well, how’s the first day? Did you feel the intensity?” Dad joked. 

 

I rolled my eyes. “Of course no pressure. Besides, the Prof just gave out the course outline. That’s it. Easy peasy.” 

 

“That’s my girl.” Mom gave me a warm smile. “Don’t overdo, okay?” 

 

“Mom it’s still the first day!” I chuckled. 

 

We were enjoying our breakfast when we heard the noise coming from the living room. Oh, the sibs were back from their morning jog. 

 

“Good morning, boys!” I greeted them. When they’re about to go near me, I raised my hand trying to stop them. “You’re all sweaty, eew. Don’t come near— WHAT THE?!” 

 

Mingyu, Chanyeol and Jeonghan went to me and gave me dirty kisses— with all their sweat on my cheeks. 

 

“That’s how you greet the Princess.” Suho said while laughing. He’s wiping his sweat. 

 

I pouted my lips and gave them dagger looks. “I hate you all. Eew, so sweaty.” I faked a cry. 

 

They just all laughed at me and sat on their respective chair. They all look famished. 

 

“Why don’t you join us next time, noona?” Mingyu asked, while sipping his coffee. 

 

I rolled my eyes at him. “And why would I wake up early morning just to jog with you?” 

 

“I dunno. Might see something, I mean, someone interesting. Hmmm.” He gave me a meaningful look. 

 

“Well, auto pass to that my beloved brother. I need beauty rest.” 

 

He just laughed at me and continued eating. 

 

After eating breakfast I went back to my room and did my makeup. I don’t usually wear makeup but for today, because of my mission to make the grumpylicious smile, I will. As what my parents and my siblings says, there’s nothing to hide on my face. I laughed at the thought. 

 

I went to my Chevy and drove it to Starbucks and got my morning Cafe Mocha. Heaven! 

 

Although it’s a bit early, I went to the room and do a quick scan. I might tell my siblings and parents that I don’t feel any pressure, but the truth is, it’s just a lie. A white lie. 

 

I’ve been away for 2 years- 2 years of not even scanning a book about Law. I might have forgotten some of the Articles and Provisions although I did an ‘intense’ review a week before the class starts. Heck, I didn’t party since last week. The pressure is there. I just don’t want to acknowledge it as of now. 

 

I sat down on a random chair. I grab my phone and put on a random music when I saw a reply from Jiyong. 

 

 

 

From: Grumpylicious😤🤤 

Good morning. And I am not your ‘my love’. 

 

 

 

I left out a soft chuckle. I find him cute and funny. He’s cold and snob yet he still replies to my text. 

 

I didn’t sent a reply and started to read the class materials. I’m thinking of having lunch with Suho later since our class will end at the same time. Suho is in his 3rd Year of Law School. While Chanyeol is on his first year. 

 

I was so immersed with what I am reading when I saw someone approached me. I looked up and saw Mr. Grumpylicious- in his not so grumpy look. But, still with the intimidating and snob look. 

 

I raised my brows. Why is he here? I mean, of course he’s my classmate but why is he approaching me? 

 

“Oh, hello there, my love. Good morning!” I greeted him making him frown. I giggled. 

 

He sighed. “Look, Ms. Sandara, stop playing games with me.” 

 

I grinned. Oh! “I am not. I told you, I like you—“

 

“And I told you the feeling is not mutual. I cannot reciprocate it—“

 

I raised my index finger, stopping him from talking. “It’s too early to say those words, my love.” 

 

I saw Jiyongs jaw tensed. I wanted to laugh. Why is he so serious? So snob? It’s making me want to chase him more! 

 

“Please. Stop this nonsense.” He said, more like demanded. “I didn’t come here to play games—“

 

“— but I like this game.” I said while grinning. He gave me deathly stare which made me wanted to for more. 

“Oh, well, Mr. Grumpylicious. Fine, fine. I won’t play this game called ‘flirting’ and ‘chasing’ and let me just get straight to the point. I am interested in you. And no matter what you say and do, I will still continue to pester you until I’m satiated. Although pestering you means flirting with you. Got it?” 

 

He shook his head as he can’t believe what I just said and he walk away from me. He sat at the corner edge and did some flipping. And the way he flips the pages of the review materials, it says that he is annoyed. 

 

Come on, baby boy! I’m just starting! I thought as I continue to read the materials. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“WHAT DO you want to eat?” 

 

Suho asked as we placed our bags on the table. It’s already past 1PM and I am famished. Our class got extended- and I hated it. 

 

“Anything will do, baby.” I sat on the chair and waited. “I’m so hungry!” 

 

“Got it.” 

 

The class ended and I’m still thinking if I should go home and review there or should I study in the library. Both of my options were fine though. Suho still got class. 

 

I roam my gaze inside the cafeteria. Few people were still eating their lunch. Well, it’s already past 1. 

 

“Why are you here?” I heard a familiar voice. 

 

I looked at my side and saw Jiyong, putting his tray on the table. A smile formed on my face. If it isn’t destiny, then what do you call this one? 

 

“Are you following me?” Another question asked. He sat down still not breaking our eye contact. 

 

I giggled. “Hey, there, my love.” 

 

I saw his jaw tensed. One of these days I will really touch those damn jaws. Damn it. 

 

“Stop following me, Sandara.” 

 

“Oh, you called me by my name.” A smile formed on my lips. 

 

“Well, that’s your name so—“

 

“My name is too wordy so, you can call me mine instead.” I said, flashing my flirty smile. 

 

His reaction didn’t change at all. Oh, this man is so cold! If it’s another man, they would most probably flirt back. But him? Maybe it will take me months. 

 

“Or you can call me ‘my love’.” 

 

His jaw tightened and didn’t replied. 

 

I smirked. “And as much as I want to follow you, I didn’t. My brother and I will eat here.” 

 

He didn’t reply. Maybe he got embarrassed for his wrong assumptions. Because it’s the truth, I didn’t even saw him earlier after class. He silently sat on the table beside ours and started to eat. I didn’t even noticed his bag on the table earlier. 

 

“So, why are you alone eating?” I inquired. I want to start a conversation with him. Oh, boy! Jiyong should be glad I am starting a conversation. 

 

He didn’t answer. I bit my lower lip and stood up, went to his table and sat across him. I saw his eyebrows furrowed. Now you’re looking at me! 

 

“Why are you sitting here?” 

 

I raised my brow. “Because you are alone. It’s lonely eating alone, my love.” 

 

“Stop calling me that.” Now, he looks annoyed. 

 

“Nope. Not gonna happen.” 

 

He sighed. As a sign of defeat. I grinned. “So, why are you eating alone?” 

 

“I’m waiting for someone.” He nonchalantly answered. 

 

“Oh, who is it? Your girlfriend?” 

 

Once again, his jaw tensed. His eyes… oh, those intense eyes. He sighed. He’s been sighing nonstop. “Why are you so interested in me?” 

 

I was taken aback with his straightforwardness. I grinned. “Why?” 

 

“What, why?” 

 

“Why are you asking?” 

 

“Because I know you are trouble.” 

 

My smile turned into a cold stare. “So, you’ve heard rumors about me.” 

 

He shook his head and eventually sighed. “I don’t care about those ing rumours.” 

 

It felt like my heart thump a gazillion of blood. The intensity of it is way more than the intensity of his gaze. Damn it. 

 

Be still, my heart… this is not the right time. 

 

“W-Well, I just like you. You’re interesting.” 

 

This time, he rolled his eyes at me, making me laugh. “I know this game. I used to play this game, Sandara.” 

 

“Then, why did you stop?” I amusingly asked. So my notion is right- this man is a former playboy! 

 

“I’m tired of playing games.” He seriously said. His eyes met mine and then sighed. “I don’t like playing games anymore.” 

 

 I grinned. “Why not give it a try again? I’m a good player, my love.” 

 

We were just staring at each other- challenging who’s going to fail first- when I felt the presence of Suho on my back. What a wrong timing, baby. 

 

“Noona. High Alpha.” 

 

They did their ‘handshake’ which is so weird for my liking. Honestly. 

 

“Why are you together?” He asked, while placing the tray on Jiyongs table. 

 

I saw how Jiyongs’ face contort, I wanted to laugh so hard. I was a bit hurt because it felt like he doesn’t want to be associated with me but, nuh. I know him better. After hearing him say that he doesn’t care about those weird rumours about me. 

 

“It just happened.” He shortly replied. 

 

“Noona, here’s your food.” 

 

“Thanks, baby.” 

 

I saw Jiyong look at us. I raised my eyebrows at him. Now what? And I noticed he look at the food Suho gave to me- pasta, pizza, burger and fries. With strawberry smoothie and chocolate cake. 

 

“Sunbae, did you read the application for the potential new members?” Suho asked as he sip his cola. “This years applicants were good. Good background and good academic credentials.” 

 

Jiyong nodded, still his eyes looking at me. I silently just ate the food. I wouldn’t understand their conversation about their Fraternity. 

 

“I’m still reviewing them.” 

 

And they talked and talked with terms I wouldn’t understand. I just enjoyed my food which my beloved brother ordered for me. 

 

“Noona, I’ll buy another cola.” Suho said while standing. “Do you want me to buy some more?” 

 

I bit my lower lip thinking. “Brownies and something kiwi drink.” 

 

“Gotcha.” 

 

“Thanks, baby.” 

 

And then the awkward silence. I’m an extrovert and this is the first time I got awkward with someone. I’m good at starting conversation but now, my words were nowhere to be found. 

I continued eating when Jiyong suddenly spoke.

 

“So you eat a lot.” 

 

I looked at him while munching my burger. I just finished my pasta. “Yeah.” 

 

“And yet your skinny.” 

 

My eyebrows furrow and I rolled my eyes. “Well, that’s life. No matter how much I eat, my body is still like this.” 

 

He just remained silent so I continued eating. I’m not in the mood to flirt. Maybe later after devouring these food infront of me. I’m still enjoying my burger. 

 

“So, baby huh…” 

 

“Huh?” 

 

Jiyong gave me a stern look. “You called Suho ‘baby’.” 

 

“Because he is my baby.” I said while sipping the orange juice Suho ordered for me. “All of my brothers were my babies…” 

 

He didn’t replied. What the heck. Having a close-conversation with this man is really something! If it’s with another guy, I would gladly dump him right here right now. 

 

“Baby…” he mumbled. He’s stirring the juice he’s holding. “How far can this ‘game’ go huh.” 

 

“W-What do you mean?” I find him weird. All of a sudden he’s saying words I don’t understand. 

 

“Well, if you like playing this game… I am a better player than you.” 

 

I blinked fast upon hearing him say those words. Did he just… what? 

 

I’m still in shocked when Jiyong lean forward towards me. I can smell how good he is. So manly. So y. 

 

His mouth is now on my ear and it gives a tingling sensation. His warm breath. Damn it. My heart felt like it’s going to burst. 

 

He whispered, “I like that you are a good eater. Because I don’t like my woman skinny…” 

 

He said then went to Suho and bid his goodbye. Leaving me, hanging and gasping for air as I felt the electricity of his breath on my ear.