Chapter 1

The Trouble Is You

Chapter 1 

 

 

Cheers

 

 

 

 

“Welcome back to me! Cheers!” 

 

 

 

I scream as I took the shot of tequila. Why does alcohol taste so good here? 

The noise coming from the clubs music is deafening yet it makes Sandara relax. Crazy. 

 

“Welcome back, noona.” My younger brother, Suho, said as he gave me warm hug and kissed my cheeks. 

 

“Oh, dear baby brother!” I said, giggling. “Where’s Channie?” I asked, while roaming my eyes around. Although it’s not effective since the club is dark and has a pool of people in it. 

 

“He’s probably looking for a fling.” Suho said while chuckling. He raised his glass while saying cheers. 

 

“Noona! My beloved noona!” 

 

“Channie!” “Min-min!” 

 

Chanyeol and Mingyu, my other sibling, both gave me a hug and a kiss on my cheeks. 

 

“Why are you so tall?! What the heck!” I ranted while stumping my feet. I’ve been away for 2 years and yet they manage to become as tall as a coconut tree! 

 

Chan pinched my cheeks and laughed. “We’re just like mom!” 

 

“I’m also her daughter and yet I didn’t get the growth genes!” 

 

I saw my giant brother, Mingyu, laughing. “But you’re so beautiful, noona. Just like Mommy A.” 

 

I flipped my hair and winked at them. “Well of course!” 

 

In awhile a lot of my friends went to greet me. I just got back from Hawaii. Like literally. I didn’t even bother to go home and went straight to the club. I just posted on my IG about my ‘Welcome Back’ party a few hours ago. 

 

“So you’re really back! Damn girl!” Chaerin said. She’s my bestfriend. “And you’re still pale as . I heard Hawaii is hot?” 

 

I laughed as I hug her. “Maybe because I’m perfect?” 

 

Chaerin chuckled. “Same old huh.” 

 

We went down to the dance floor and started drinking. This is my favorite bar- Club Echelon. A lot of people were dancing and grinding. The party’s in full blast. 

 

I drank the margarita in one full sip. I raised my hand as I felt the liquor on my throat. Partying in your home country with your friends is definitely different. 

 

“Noona, where did you leave your luggages? Mom asked if you’ll be home tomorrow.” Suho asked me. 

 

Chaerin gave me a look. She can’t beleieve what she’s hearing. “Seriously?” 

 

I giggled. “It’s in my hotel room.” 

 

“And you didn’t even bother to greet your fam huh.” Chaerin commented. 

 

“I’ll see them tomorrow anyways. It’s just that I badly needed to party!” 

 

Chanyeol laughed. “That’s my noona for you.” 

 

“Let’s go Chae. Let’s dance!” 

 

We stood up and went to the dance floor. The music changed- from an upbeat music to a sultry one. I giggled. It’s my song! 

 

 

 

A few weeks ago

I saw you front row 

And my heart stops at the sight…

 

 

 

With a cup of margarita on my hand, I started dancing with Chaerin. I raised my other hand and started swaying my hips. My eyes were closed while dancing, feeling the music. 

 

In awhile I felt a hand on my waist. I almost rolled my eyes. Yeah, I know this is a club. Everyones partying and drinking. This is not new to me. I just continued dancing and swaying my hips. Not even minding the hand of the stranger dancing with me. 

 

Well, I know I am completely safe because my siblings were there. Although I can’t see them as of the moment. So as Chaerin. The ? Where are they? 

 

“Do you want to go somewhere else?” He whispered. I almost puke when I heard his not-so manly voice. 

 

I turned around and faced him. And , he’s not even cute. I smiled. “I’m sorry. I’m with my boyfriend.” 

 

“Hmmm? Don’t lie to me, baby.” 

 

I rolled my eyes. “ off. And I’m not your baby.” 

 

I removed his hand on my waist and started to walk away when he held my arm tightly. Drunk bastard! 

 

“What the—“

 

“I know the famous Sandara don’t do boyfriend. Come on. I know you’ll like—“

 

“I said off!” I said while pushing him. 

 

My eyes caught someone approaching me and I didn’t even bother to confirm if he’s handsome or not. I just need to get rid of this loser! 

 

“My love!” I shouted as I run towards him. I enveloped my arm on his neck and gave him a kiss on his cheeks. “Where have you been?” 

 

I didn’t saw his reaction but I just cling to him. I felt him stiffened. 

 

“My boyfriend is here so off, loser.” I said as I look at that stupid stranger. 

 

I saw him walked away. I sighed. Where the heck are my brothers when I needed them? 

 

“Uhm, will you please let go of me?” 

 

I look at the person who’s I’m still hugging. His jaws tightened. His hair is clean-cut. Damn. He’s got straight eyebrows, got sharp nose and got soft, kissable lips. And his eyes… they’re sharp. And y. 

 

He’s wearing white dress shirt and if I am seeing it right, I saw tattoos on his arm. And his muscles were well defined.  And not bulky. 

 

I giggled. Oh, boy! We’ve got a handsome man here! “Hmmm. What if I say I wont?” I asked, playfully. 

 

His eyebrows furrowed, and gave me a menacing look. I felt his warm, large hand on my waist. I almost got a goosebumps. Skin to skin. 

 

“Let go, woman.” 

 

I closed my eyes as I heard his voice. Oh boy, so manly! I chuckled. I let go of him, even if I still want to . I looked at him again and smirked. 

 

“Are you frequenting here?” I asked as I try to start a conversation. “Hmmm. What’s your name?” 

 

 

 

There’s something you should know and boy, I 

I fantasize about it all the time, if you were mine…

 

 

 

He just looked at me and shook his head. And. Walked. Away. 

 

I bit my lower lip. Damn. I’ve never been ignored before! I am Sandara! I am the Queen of this town! 

 

“Hey, let’s dance!” I heard Chaerin said on my ears. 

 

“Where the heck were you?!” 

 

“Uh, bathroom…?” She replied, wondering. 

 

I looked at the way the guy earlier went. He’s sitting at the table with some other guys. I smirked as I saw him gave me a look. 

 

“Ohhh, tryn’a behave…” I mumbled the lyrics of the song, still looking at him. I saw his jaw tensed and that’s enough for me to know  that I caught his attention. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“WELCOME HOME, darling.” My mom gave me hug. 

 

I giggled as I saw how my dad rolled his eyes at me. I know, I know. I’m a bad daughter for partying first before going home. 

 

“I missed you, mom!” I shrieked. 

 

“If you really missed your mom you should have told us your flight was yesterday.” 

 

My brothers laughed so as my mom to my dad’s comment. 

 

“Come on, dad. This is surprise!” I said while making my voice energetic. 

 

“Darling…” my mom said as she gave me a loving look. “I’m so happy you’re done with your exile.” 

 

I giggled. “It’s not an exile mom! It’s what you called ‘relaxation before the storm’. Stuffs like that.” 

 

“Noona still look beautiful, isn’t she?” Suho said. “I can’t believe you’re in Hawaii for 2 years!” 

 

“If this is what you called suprise, then why the heck you’re trending!” My dad asked. "You're on the local website!"

 

“Because your daughter is famous! Come on, dad! The Queen of this town is back, it’s no surprise I’ll be trending!” 

 

Mom laughed as she gave my dad a squeeze on his hand. “Love…” 

 

“Oh, god. They’re at it again.” Chanyeol commented. 

 

It’s not a secret that my parents were crazy inlove with each other- despite of the fact that my father is a bastard. A cheating bastard. 

 

“Fine, fine.” Dad said as a sign of retreat. 

 

That’s mom for you. He looked at me and gave me a serious look. Heck! Here it is. My brothers got silent. Well, we’re all scared of our adorable father. 

 

“And since you’re back, I guess you’re going back to Law School?” 

 

“Yes, Dad.” I replied. 

 

“Darling, if you don’t want to continue your studies, it’s fine.” My mom said as she look at me, worried. “It’s not like we are forcing you. You can do whatever you want.” 

 

I smiled. The reason why I ‘exiled’ myself for 2 years in Hawaii is not because of studies. I’m okay with continuing my Law School. Although it’s not my passion( coz partying is my passion), I’m not getting any younger. I need to step-up my game. 

I just… want to party ‘till I drop. I want to be free for the meantime before I focus on my studies. For 2 years, I partied and enjoy my life. I became Independent— errr, not so Independent, I guess since my parents still give me money for allowance. Party and alcohol. 

And also, because of that stupid rumors. Damn it.

 

“Mommy, I’m fine.” I said. “I’m done with partying— oh, I mean, I’m not done done but I partied for 2 years. I enjoyed it. So, now, I’m so ready for my last year in Law School.” 

 

My 2 younger brothers (Jeonghan and Mingyu) were also finishing their degree and as planned, will also enter Law School. Our family is a family of Lawyers- from my great-great grandfather up to my siblings. It felt like it’s our destiny to continue the Legacy. The pressure is there but because I’m perfect, I can handle it. 

 

“Where’s Seven oppa?” I asked. 

 

“He’s at the Congress. Meeting and stuffs.” Suho replied. 

 

“Speaking of Congress, why’s the City Mayor’s still here?” I asked while laughing. “Daddy, you should hurry up! The people’s taxes were paying you to work.” 

 

“I have to go now.” He said while shaking his head. He kissed my me and mom goodbye. “Welcome home, my Princess.” 

 

I giggled. “I’m back, daddy.” 

 

 

 

 

A FEW weeks later, the school year started. This is my last year in Law School. Thinking about the thesis writing makes my curled hair curlier. Maybe the real main reason why i’ve decided to ‘exile’ myself. To escape. Just kidding. 

 

When I told my parents about my intentions to have a break from school, their first reaction was— “Are you pregnant?” 

 

I laughed so hard I almost peed on my pants. Well, I cannot blame them. I always party- like every week. It’s like my ‘relaxation time’, if you can call it like that. And, well, my parents knew that I’m on the wild side. But not that wild. 

 

 

I study hard, but I also party harder. Not just me, but also my brothers. And cousins. 

 

 

I went to the registrar to get my class schedule. I almost runaway again upon seeing that my first class is Criminal Law Review and seeing who’s my Professor. I stopped myself from doing that. 

 

“I guess I can’t escape anymore huh…” I mumbled. 

 

I went to the Cafeteria. It’s still too early for the class. I actually just went here early because I’ll be meeting my favourite cousin. 

 

“Noona!” 

 

“K!” 

 

I saw Kyungsoo running towards me. He hugged me tightly and gave me a kiss on the cheeks. 

 

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there on your err… ‘Welcome Party’.” He said as he make a quote-unquote sign in the air. 

 

I giggled. “I don’t mind at all!” 

 

“Oh, here’s my Brod, Baekhyun.” 

 

I looked at the man standing next to Kyungsoo. He’s tall- well everyone is taller than me! He has cute eyes and a cute smile. Everything about him is cute. 

 

“Oh my G! You’re so cute! I’m Sandara.” I said as I offered my hand. As much as I want to gave him a kiss on his cheeks, I know Kyungsoo will get mad. Over protective people in the family! Geez! 

 

“I’m Byun Baekhyun. Nice to meet you, noona.” 

 

Kyungsoo looked at Baekyun sharply. See? He gets overly protective even when it’s his friend. 

 

“K, stop it.” I warned. “Well, have a seat you two.” 

 

They both sat infront of me. I saw how Kyungsoo matured. The cute cousin of mine is now gone. He get tall and… buff? How the heck everyones getting manlier? Are they staying on the gym for the last 2 years? 

 

“So, how are you K? Still active with your Fraternity?” I asked. 

 

“Yeah. Since we’re graduating, we got busy. You know, doing the duties as a Legacy.” 

 

I rolled my eyes after hearing that. Actually, I don’t have an idea about Fraternity. I just heard that our school- St. Andrews University- has the ‘most elite’ Fraternity in the country. Every school year, they only allow 20 new recruits. And they don’t just allow everyone- they also do background check and screening. I almost rolled my eyes upon hearing those things from my brothers- who were all members of the fraternity. 

 

“Hey, Baekhyun. Since it’s so hard to say your name, can I call you B?” I asked, changing the topic. 

 

Baekhyun, I mean B, looked at me. “W-Well, if it’s okay with you, n-noona.” 

 

Kyungsoo’s eyebrows furrowed. “Why the heck are you stuttering? Do you like my cousin?” 

 

Baekhyun laughed. “Of course not!” 

 

“Huh? Why don’t you like my cousin? She’s perfect!” Kyungsoo said. I almost face -palmed because it’s so contradicting. 

 

I tapped Kyungsoo’s arm harshly. “The heck? We just met.” 

 

“Sorry…” Kyungsoo said while pouting. 

 

“Anyways, I left my souvenirs for you in my car. Why don’t we just go there and get’em?” 

 

We were walking towards the school parking lot. I noticed that a lot of people greeted them- these two. 

 

“Why does it feel like you two are famous?” I asked. 

 

“Fraternity.” Kyungsoo replied. 

 

I just nod and continued walking. When we got to the parking lot, I handed them the paperbag of my souvenirs- including B. 

 

“Thanks, noona.” He said while blushing. 

 

I chuckled. “Welcome.” I look at my watch and saw that it’s almost time for my first class. “Hey, gotta go to my first class.” 

 

“Where to?” Kyungsoo asked. “Let’s go together. We’ll accompany you.” 

 

I closed my car door and pressed the lock button. “How about your classes?” 

 

“It’s still in the afternoon.” 

 

“Okay.” 

 

We started walking back to the campus. We were having a conversation about their Fraternity when I saw a glimpse of a very familiar face. He’s wearing a black button down shirt and it’s sleeves were rolled up to the elbow. And again, I saw this tattoos. Damn. Why does he look so y even today?

 

“Hey!” I called out. 

 

He didn’t stopped, maybe he didn’t hear me. 

 

“Noona?” Kyungsoo looked at me, confused. 

 

“Hey, you! Hey!” I walked towards him. Like literally stop when I got infront of him. “Hey!” I said while grinning. 

 

The man looked at me, arching his eyebrows at me. “Excuse me?” 

 

“Noona. You know Sunbae?” Kyungsoo asked as he got beside me. 

 

“Oh, D.O.” 

 

They did a ‘handshake’ that I cannot follow. So as Baekhyun. 

 

“How was the recruitment?” He asked, totally forgot about my presence. 

 

“Hey, I’m talking to you…” I harshly asked as I held his arm. I almost gasped as I felt a static. 

 

He looked at me, confused. “Who are you?” 

 

My mouth dropped as I look at him. “What the hell?”