Chapter 18

Yin ☯ Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]18[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Heart vs Mind [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“The worst battle you have to fight is between what you think and what you feel.”[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] Things with Jennie and Johnny seemed to have been done and dusted. No one actually dared to ask Yoona what happened after she came back, looking all drenched and stoic. People were afraid that anything might trigger her and from how she treated Jennie, no one dared to ask her anything, afraid that a slight question would trigger her again. Yoona was all the more glad that there were no questions asked; at least she didn't have to come out with more lies.

 

Johnny's side seemed to have no news as well. No one seemed to be coming after them, looking for trouble, so Yoona assumed that Donghae must have settled it using his own means. She didn't pry much into it simply also because there's just too much for her to take in and reconcile recently.

 

Yoona finished her work and looked over to the office next to hers and saw that Donghae seemed to be involved in a very intense discussion over the phone. She took a look at her wristwatch and realised that it was almost noon. Donghae ended the call with a huge grin and left his office, heading out.

 

"Hey Jieun, where's your boss?" Yoona walked out to his secretary, making small talks. "He's supposed to have lunch with me."

 

"Really? He didn't mention about it," The secretary frowned as she checked the scheduler.

 

"Ahhh. Maybe he just went to the restroom. I'll wait for him then."

 

"Uhm, I don't think so. He told me to clear his schedules for the rest of the nonn and asked me to knock off once I'm done with my things because he would not be coming back anymore."

 

It's getting weirder. Donghae clearing off his schedules and not meeting her for lunch?

 

"If you want, I can help you call him?"

 

"Oh, it's okay! I'll just call him myself. I actually remember that he told me yesterday that today he'd be going somewhere. It slipped off my mind," Yoona chuckled. "Jieun ah, you should give yourself a break. You've worked way too hard. Take a day off and spent it with Joongi."

 

"Ahh... A-Ani..."

 

"I'll get going first then. Take the rest of the day off and don't contact your boss! He told me that he'd some important things to attend to," Yoona grabbed her bag and started heading out.

 

Hopefully, she'd be able to catch up with Donghae.

 

☯☯☯☯☯

 

"Hyung~"

 

"Johnny."

 

Yoona hid behind the crates as she witnessed the two leaders meet. She didn't managed to catch Donghae when she got to the carpark but she did managed to install a tracker on his car after the whole Johnny's incident. Hence, with that tracker, she tailed him to a warehouse and what she saw was him meeting up with Johnny like some old pals catching up over a cup of coffee.

 

She knew something was up and decided to hide herself, taking photos along the way for future evidence.

 

"Aigoo, woori Donghae hyung~" Johnny laughed as he gave him a friendly hug.

 

Donghae seemed to not share the same happiness as his expression remained stoic, "let's cut to the deal."

 

"Awww, why so fierce, hyung," Johnny smirked. "Let's have a little chat first. I must say, this plan of yours is really brilliant. Informing me about that rat's appearance in the hotel, pushing the blame smoothly to an underling, staging up a scene of me wanting to kill you. My my, I certainly would not want to get into your bad book."

 

Yoona's was shocked upon hearing the Johnny's words. Donghae... Donghae knew it all? He had already expected Jiyong to appear in the hotel and was the one who informed Johnny about it? Why did he have to pretend that he didn't know all these things and had acted dumb and victimised himself too?

 

This guy... He's way too scary. 

 

Truth? Donghae knew it all. From the moment he had a slight suspicion of Jennie's budding fondness for Jiyong, he had it all planned out. He knew everything about Jennie hanging out with Jiyong and how the latter had tried to befriend her, fishing out information. It was easy to spoil his plan but he had a better plan; to get rid of Jiyong for good using Johnny. Unfortunately, Johnny didn't manage to kill the eye sore completely but at least it had done the damage between him and Yoona.

 

"I didn't say to give Yoona hell. Why did you get her to try the goods?" Donghae's face fell.

 

"Oh, I didn't know you're serious with her," Johnny smirked. "You know, I actually do like that fiesty girl. I might actually get her in my be-"

 

"If you dare to say anything filthy about her, you can kiss the money goodbye," Donghae cut him off.

 

"Wow wow, easy there bro," Johnny raised his hands up in mock defeat. "I just wanted to challenge her so that rat would jump in to save her. It seems like he's interested in her too. What's his name again? Ahhh, Kwon Jiyong. Sergeant Kwon~ Yoona-sshi seemed really concerned of him though."

 

"Cut the crap and deal already," Donghae said through gritted teeth.

 

Yoona watched Johnny's underling bringing out two cases, opening in front of Donghae. Donghae nodded and opened up the case that he had brought with him. It was filled with wads of cash and Yoona snapped a lot of photos, all for the sake of evidence. Then she noticed that Johnny was holding a gun behind his back as Donghae was checking the goods.

 

Was this deal about to go down like what TOP did to Chaerin? Should she shout and save him? He's a villian but...

 

"Oppa, watch out! He has a gun behind him!" Yoona did what her heart told her to.

 

The shout changed everything within a split second. Johnny pulled out the gun and started shooting but Donghae was alert enough too, already fire shots from the pistol that he had brought with him. He had planned on taking him down today, for he knew that the other party would think likewise.

 

In this world, there's no such things as a fair deal. Everyone wants a bigger portion for themselves; everyone wants to dominate.

 

"What are you doing here? It's dangerous!" Donghae let out an urgent whisper as Yoona joined him, hiding behind the crates while gunshots rang.

 

"Why did you hide this from us again!" Yoona chided. "He was about to kill you!"

 

"I wasn't planning on letting him walk out here alive too," Donghae explained. "He touched you, remember? I've to make him pay."

 

For a moment, Yoona was taken aback. For all the nasty things that Donghae had done, he deserved to be put behind bars. But on the other hand, she knew that he genuinely cared about her. All those things that he had done for her, she could feel it. She wasn't cold-blooded and she could tell when someone had a motive behind their actions or when that person is sincere. Donghae... No matter how much bad things he had done, the care and concern he bore for her, was real.

 

"You've to go first. I'll cover for you. His target is you," Yoona took a pistol from Donghae, covering him.

 

"No, we'll leave together."

 

"Don't be ridiculous, oppa! Just go! He wouldn't dare to shoot me. He has an interest in me!" Yoona shouted over the crazy gunshots sound. 

 

BANG!

 

"Yoona!"

 

Yoona was focused on aiming at Johnny who was getting away and failed to notice that one of his underlings were at the side, taking a shot at her. She managed to dodge a fatal wound but the bullet still hit her left arm nonetheless. 

 

"GO!" Yoona gave a swift turn and shot the guy on his arm.

 

Donghae knew that they're outnumbered and with a solemn and serious nod, he split ways with Yoona, leaving the warehouse with the goods.

 

☯☯☯☯☯

 

"Coming! God damn, there's a ing bell!"

 

Jiyong came out of the shower in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter