Chapter 16

Yin ☯ Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]16[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Aftermath [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.”[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] "Omo! Unnie! You're finally back!"

 

The moment Yoona entered the room, she was tackled by Chaerin's bearhug.

 

"Araso araso. You're suffocating me already, big girl," Yoona chuckled, patting her back. "I'm back in one piece."

 

"We're all worried sick about you!" Chaerin complained before shooting a glance at Donghae. "Oppa didn't even catch a wink for the entire night."

 

Yoona looked at Donghae who simply stared back, a poker face. Him being the usual him, not showing any sign of anger, sadness or whatsoever emotions, but Yoona knew that with his intelligence and connection, he must have known everything about yesterday night.

 

"I was with Kwon Jiyong yesterday," she figured out that there was no point in lying.

 

"Johnny was enraged. He said we called cops on him." True enough, Donghae didn't show any sign of surprise. "The deal is off and he wants us dead."

 

"What?! He was the one who kept making things difficult! He wanted me to test the drug personally."

 

"What the is that mad man thinking?!" Chaerin was flabbergasted.

 

Yoona nodded, "he was being ridiculous but Kwon Jiyong came out of nowhere and here comes another mad man. He pretended to be my assistant and snorted all up on my behalf."

 

"What the flying f-" Chaerin trailed off when she noticed Donghae's darkened expression, changing her expression. "Then what happened?"

 

"I don't even know why on earth was he doing there. After snorting all up, Johnny said that he forgot to bring enough goods and called the deal off. Apparently, he was toying with us all along. He knew that Kwon Jiyong is a cop," Yoona shrugged. "Long story short, I couldn't leave him in a lurch because he literally almost died in front of me."

 

"Oppa, I thought you'd bribed that Sungbin guy?"

 

"The police were all gathered in Hilton like what I have instructed. I just don't know why would Kwon Jiyong appear in Waldorf."

 

"Someone must have tipped him off. Oppa, it sounds like there's a mole in our team," Chaerin frowned.

 

"I'll get to the bottom of this matter," Donghae was cold as he clenched his fist. "We need to get back to Korea first. Johnny's connections here is much more powerful than mine. Yoona, are you really okay?"

 

"Not any harm done. Oppa, I'm sorry... I screwed up," Yoona apologised.

 

"It's okay. Just... I need you to at least keep in touch with us, Yoong. You disappearing... It's really worrisome."

 

"I know," Yoona smiled. "I promise it won't happen again."

 

"Okay, let's get packed and we'll leave in an hour."

 

Donghae walked out of the room with Chaerin hooking arms with Yoona behind.

 

"Oppa really cares about you," Chaerin whispered. "He tried searching the entire Waldorf yesterday night when you went missing but with Johnny's gang still around keeping an eye, he couldn't expose your location. He actually stayed outside of Waldorf for the entire night until he saw you coming out."

 

"I know you guys are all worried. I'm sorry. I should have returned the texts at least."

 

"Just don't go missing without a trace again, unnie. We'll really be worried. Don't get me started on Lee Seunghyun. The moment he found out that you went missing, he literally bombarded my phone with all the overseas calls."

 

Yoona nodded and Chaerin smiled, going forward to discuss with Donghae about the arrangement. She looked at their backview and couldn't help but sigh inwardly. 

 

Im Yoona, no. You can't develop feelings for anybody here...

 

☯☯☯☯☯

 

Jiyong's side...

 

"Man, where have you been! I've been looking for you for the entire night!"

 

Jiyong came back to Youngbae's naggings. His head was still slightly heavy due to the side effects of the drug.

 

"Man, chill bro," Jiyong winced at the loud sound, lying on his bed.

 

"You better tell me where the hell you have been for the entire night and what happened right now," Youngbae wasn't buying any of his complaints.

 

"Yah, so how's the operation yesterday?" Something dawned on Jiyong as he sat up, looking at Youngbae.

 

"It was a hoax," Youngbae sighed. "It's not Johnny. It's only some tiny prawns that didn't even surmount to a gram of heroine. Also, Lee Donghae was there, but he only went there for dinner and left really early."

 

Jiyong smirked; it's exactly what he had thought.

 

Truth was, during the operations last night, Sungbin had told them that the informant said the deal would go down at Hilton but Jiyong was told otherwise. While chatting with Jennie just a day ago, she mentioned casually that she would be in Amsterdam as well and that they could go tour some places of interest after she's done with her 'business trip'. That made Jiyong realise that she was involved in this operation as well and after some coaxing, Jennie had a slip off her tongue, revealing that the deal was going to be in Waldorf Astoria and that Yoona was the one in charge of liaising with Johnny.

 

"Now can you please tell me where you've been?"

 

"I was with Johnny," Jiyong said plainly.

 

"WHAT?!" Youngbae shouted. 

 

"Dude, I almost died last night. Can you please stop shouting into my ears?" Jiyong grumbled, frowning away.

 

"Then you better tell me EVERYTHING, you idiot," Youngbae rolled his eyes. "Wait a minute. Please don't tell me this has something to do with Yoona again."

 

Jiyong smiled sheepishly, scratching his nape.

 

"I knew you wouldn't let go of her case that easily," Youngbae shook his head, inferring from his action. "That case has something to do with Johnny?"

 

"The guy who assaulted her is Johnny," Jiyong answered. "They dropped the charges because of this deal. Before you start asking how I know all these, let's just say I befriended someone from within."

 

"And I suppose this friend of yours told you about the location too?" Youngbae asked. "Ji, you're playing with fire."

 

"The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter