Chapter 17

Yin ☯ Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]17[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Green-eyed monster [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Jealousy isn’t a female trait. Jealousy is an insecure trait. Insecurity doesn’t discriminate.”[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] "Where were you this morning, between 8 to 8.30AM?"

 

Donghae and Yoona were both put in separate interrogation room, Youngbae asking Donghae while Jiyong interrogated Yoona. 

 

"At home, getting ready for work."

 

"Any alibi?"

 

"You're hoping that I'm staying with someone else?"

 

"Just answer the question, Yoona-sshi."

 

"No. I'm alone but at 8.15AM, I went down to the café to grab a cup of coffee. The cute barista, Jaehyuk, took my order. He even blushed when I smiled at him. Such a cute boy."

 

"I repeat, just answer to the question," Jiyong's expression totally darkened.

 

"Sure SERGEANT KWON~" Yoona stifled a yawn. "He can be my alibi. If you want, I threw the coffee cup in the office dustbin. You can get your forensic to do the dusting or whatsoever. Test my saliva or whatever."

 

"Then why is it that Jennie Kim would send a message, saying that you and Lee Donghae are catching her?" Jiyong got agitated and showed her the message that Jennie sent.

 

"Is this cry for help sent to the police or to you personally, Sergeant Kwon?" Yoona looked and smirked. "Why are you so close with my employee, Sarge?"

 

Jiyong couldn't withstand her sacarstic tone and on top of the fact that Jennie was already missing for hours, he was worried.

 

"JUST ING ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION, IM YOONA!" He slammed his hand hard on the table and berated.

 

Yoona was not fazed by his anger, only continue her smirk as she looked up, glaring directly back at him. 

 

"Wae? Anxious for your little girlfriend, Sarge?" Yoona scoffed. "Afraid that she would shatter if you don't find her sooner?"

 

She couldn't believe he was getting so worked up over a delinquent. How long have he known her? Have they had ? Was he really captivated by her? He had never once shouted at her and here he's now, shouting at her over some girl.

 

"Stop your little games, Im Yoona. I told you to stop it, but you wouldn't listen," Jiyong leaned forward, gritting his teeth.

 

"Stop what? I did nothing," Yoona glared back, not afraid at all, anger boiling instead.

 

Jiyong took a deep breath and looked away for a moment, trying to calm himself down.

 

"Like I said, I don't know what happened to Jennie Kim. For a matter of fact, it's normal that employees always send such message about bosses. In fact, recently, she had been reprimanded on her job performance, her manager can testify to that. With that vengence pent up, it's no wonder she would send such message to malign the bosses."

 

Jiyong shook his head incredulously, "look at the bull you're crapping up, Im Yoona. I can't believe it..."

 

Honestly, it wasn't solely about Jennie. Yes, Jiyong was worried about her because he felt guilty. If anything were to happen to this girl, it was his fault. It was him who took advantage of her feelings to fish out information from her. However, more than that, it was about Yoona. He knew Jennie's disappearance definitely have association with her but he just couldn't stand the fact that she was cahooting with Donghae and his gang and whatever she was planning or cooking up, it was just lies after lies. He didn't know what he should do with her. He didn't want to let go, but circumstances was forcing him otherwise.

 

"Bull or not, it's your own opinion. We've nothing to hide. If you've evidence, catch us," Yoona spat.

 

"Are you sure you're going to hold this secret down till death? You're so confident that Lee Donghae wouldn't turn his back against you and let you take all the blame?" Jiyong sat back down, crossing his arms across his chest.

 

Yoona frowned for a brief moment before her features smoothened out as she was relaxed again, leaning against the chair, shaking her head and chuckling.

 

"Typical cops~" She sniggered. "Prisoner's dilemma? Come on~ Come out with a more creative idea, Sarge~ But to play along, okay, yeahs. Whatever he say, I'm not changing my statement. We've done nothing to Jennie Kim and that's final."

 

Jiyong frowned at her mocking. He slammed the document on the table and walked out, leaving Yoona alone in the room. Youngbae came out of the interrogation room as well, shaking his head and both of them went to the control room behind, looking at the camera footages.

 

"Damn, I swear I hate this kind of high intelligence criminals," Youngbae sighed as they looked at the cameras that were filming the both of them.

 

Both Yoona and Donghae were as cool as cucumber, showing no signs of fear.

 

"What did you get from your end?"

 

"Nothing much," Youngbae shrugged. "He could tell that we're using prisoner's dilemma too. It's either the trust between them is too strong and unbreakable, or that they're just so ing smart that all these little psychological wars don't work on them."

 

Jiyong was silent for awhile and suddenly, he looked at Youngbae. 

 

"I-I don't like this look at all, Kwon Jiyong..." Youngbae eyed at him suspiciously.

 

"Bae, I need your help. I'm going to have to turn off the camera. There's something I want to talk to Yoona about," Jiyong said.

 

"No way!" Youngbae disagreed immediately. "This is a terrible idea, Ji!"

 

"Just listen to me! We only have 48 hours and judging from now, there's no way we're going to get any useful evidence. Just let me use my method. You want Yoona to turn her back against Lee Donghae too right? We all want to put Lee Donghae behind bars."

 

He continued staring at Youngbae, trying to guilt-trip him.

 

"Ji, is it really worth to break the rules again because of an unknown delinquent? You fancy this Jennie girl?" Youngbae sighed.

 

"She's my informant. It's my reponsibility to protect her, Bae..." Jiyong sighed and walked to the door.

 

"What would Yoona think? You think she'd tell you willingly so that you can save another girl? There's jealousy in every single woman, Ji."

 

Jiyong paused, having his back facing his best friend, "Someone is going to lose her life because of me, Bae. I gotta at least try..."

 

Youngbae had no words to reply.

 

☯☯☯☯☯

 

"I'm going to off the camera now," by the time Jiyong went back to the interrogation room, he was calm and expressionless.

 

Yoona was making herself comfortable, checking her fingernails.

 

"Switching off the camera? What are you trying to do, Sarge? Torturing me to confession?" Yoona blew her fingernails in boredom.

 

"I'm going to make a deal with you," Jiyong switched off the camera and sat opposite her.

 

"I'm listening," Yoona raised her brows, looking up from her nails.

 

"I'll not breathe a word about Amsterdam's case if you tell me where Jennie is. We can make a deal and we'll push it to Lee Donghae."

 

Yoona couldn't believe her ears. 

 

"You're willing to risk it all, for the sake of a little girl?" Yoona shook her head, smirking in disbelief. "Looks like you're really in love, Kwon Jiyong."

 

Youngbae was right; Yoona was jealous, mad jealous even. It didn't occur to her at all that Jiyong was doing all these to atone for his sin, to lessen his guilt. The only thing that was apparent to her was how Jiyong had been protecting Jennie,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter