Chapter 14

Yin ☯ Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]14[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] The Grand Plan [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Justice could be as blind as love.”[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] "Kwon Jiyong, you're to go on annual leave right now until further notice!"

 

"Inspector Yoo!"

 

"This is an order!"

 

Jaesuk's shout and the banging of desk and door reverberated around the entire precinct. Jiyong stormed out of the office, with all the others eyes on him. He couldn't careless and left, not saying anything. 

 

Thing was as bad as it looked.

 

It's been over two weeks since Yoona came to report her ual assault case. Given that the information she provided weren't concrete, it was tough to have any major breakthrough to the case. Also, it seemed like the perpetrator is someone affluent because when the police headed back to the bar for investigation, the owner was changed and the bartender that was on duty back then had resigned and disappeared into thin air as well. 

 

There was not much they could dig on and very soon, the case seemed to turn cold. Just when things couldn't get any worse, Yoona had dropped by the station again, this time, to drop the case completely. Everyone didn't know why but from police's standpoint, they could only advise the victim on the seriousness of this decision but Yoona was adamant and Seungri helped her to push through. 

 

The police was of course, mad and perplexed about this and Jiyong took a step further even. The case was to be closed, as instructed by Jaesuk, but Jiyong took the matter in his hand, doing the investigation himself. He used his own connections and means to find clues but when he thought he was getting closer, Jaesuk found out and despite countless warnings, Jiyong refused to listen, forcing Jaesuk to make use of his authority, putting him on break.

 

☯☯☯☯☯

 

On the other side...

 

"Are we really going to let that bastard slide after all that he had done to our precious little deer?" 

 

"I agree. I know our little deer may look fragile and a pushover, a gluttony even, but she's one of us! We shouldn't let him get away so easily! For the first time, we're in the righteous side!"

 

Even Yoona's gang didn't quite understand why she would drop that case. Chaerin and Seungri were appalled when Yoona told them that she's not pushing through with the charges. Though Seungri accompanied her to the station (very reluctantly) to drop the charges, he didn't agree with her decision at all.

 

"Yah yah. You two! Lee Chaerin, I'm older than you! Who are you calling little dear, you rude little ," Yoona scoffed. "Lee Seunghyun, I'm fragile? I'm a gluttony? Do you want to receive another 'Yoona's punch'?"

 

The two stuck out their tongues cheekily.

 

"Alrights you three. All being over 30 years old but still acting like kids," Donghae shook his head and chuckled. "Yoong, I think you better tell them the truth. If not, you'll never have peace."

 

Yoona snorted, "I hate this scumbag more than any of you here but we've to focus on the big picture here."

 

Both Chaerin and Seungri raised their brows at her. Yoona sighed and dusted herself off, standing up and oning her laptop, turning it to face them. The siblings gathered in front of the screen and eyes went wide.

 

"John Suh Yong Ho, American-born Korean," Yoona explained. "He's born in Chicago, Illinois, having an average family background, his father an office employee while mother a homemaker. He studied music and on the surface, his life seemed like any normal American teenager, until recently..."

 

"He's the new kid on the block that I mentioned back then," Donghae continued. "I had been trying to locate this mysterious guy but he had been really secretive and whenever I found traces, they would be eradicated the next day. I only knew that he's going to organise a deal in Amsterdam but that's about it. I didn't know who this person was nor how he looks even. All I knew was that he's pretty young and very daring. Him and his three sidekicks singlehandedly killed the Illinois mafia boss when they couldn't agree on a price. He was only 20 years old back then and he was very quiet in a sense that he don't deal much, only once in awhile."

 

"He goes by the alias, Johnny," Yoona said. "On the streets, no one knows him as John. Everyone, including himself, call him Johnny. We would still have been searching around if it wasn't for the fact that I met him and had... had that encounter with him. He reached out to Donghae oppa directly, asking for partnership. He actually did lay his eyes on both us and the Chois, but with the Chois being followed by the police now with TOP's lawsuit, his decision was made easy."

 

"How can we trust what he say? We've no clue on who this new kid is. For all you know, he's an imposter, just wanting you to drop charges against him," Seungri asked.

 

"He's a very careful guy. Even when he interacted with me, he didn't use his real name, so to be honest, my case wasn't strong at all to begin with. My memory of that night was very fuzzy and there was nothing about him that's left on me, except for his fingerprints. Even if the police have his fingerprints, it would be futile because even when they run against their DnA database, they wouldn't be able to find him. His records is ridiculously clean in America, let alone in Korea. Also, even if he did get convicted, I'm pretty sure his lawyer would get him off the sentence because he did not literally violate me. So, technically, he could get away scott-free, without having to come to us for a collaboration."

 

"We're careful too. I made sure that he showed us proof of who he's and true enough, he came back with a packet of , 90% pure. In the industry now, only the new kingpin, Johnny, is able to produce such goods."

 

"But still... I've my reserve in working with him, oppa. This guy sounds... He sounds really evil," Chaerin shrugged.

 

"The baddest female saying others sounding evil?" Yoona laughed. "Chae, you dealt with the maniac T.O.P. The last I heard, he was laughing crazily during his first court hearing. He's crazy enough to admit that he killed Guzmán."

 

"That's because they're fighting his case as manslaughter and self-defence," Chaerin answered. "I don't know. To me, guys like Choi Seunghyun aren't scary. It's intelligent, refined guys like this Johnny that creep me out. You never know what they're thinking."

 

"Are you saying that your brothers are scary?" Yoona teased. "Both Lee Donghae and Lee Seunghyun are businessman and lawyer respectively."

 

"This is not what I meant!" Chaerin shrieked. "Ishhh, whatever! I know I can never outwit you and now that oppa is on your side, even if I oppose to this idea, you guys would still go ahead."

 

"I would still love your support and you being onboard would be immense courage for me, Chae," Yoona pacified, rubbing her face on Chaerin's arms. "Uhmmm?"

 

"Arghhh! Don't go all girly and whiny on me, Im!" Chaerin grumbled. "Araso araso! But I can't guarantee I won't stab him if I see him. How dare he lay his finger on my precious unnie. Even Donghae oppa hasn't-"

 

"Lee Chaerin!" Yoona shouted, covering as she felt her face turning red.

 

Chaerin burst into laughters at her reaction, "araso araso. Still acting like an angel~ Come on, god knows how many times you pounced on Kwon-"

 

Donghae shot a glare at Chaerin who trailed off immediately, giving a guilty smile, "okay~ I'll keep my mouth shut for now~"

 

"Seunghyun?"

 

"You never wanted me to take part in all these hyung," Seungri gave a defeated smile. "So since the people that are actually involved are confident, I would support too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter