Chemistry Lab: Explosion

Can't Stop

- Your POV -

The lab is today! Omg, I totally forgot. Even though Mr. Lee told us yesterday. Ugh my brain is not functioning right.

I wonder what kind of lab it will be...I just hope nothing explodes. I'm actually scared of exploding things. It's a funny story actually. 

When I was 10 someone in my class popped a balloon right in front of my face. Ever since then, I've been afraid of everything that makes a loud noise. 

It's the first lab of the year, so it probably is something easy. ..I hope.

 

Jirae and Woori were already at their desks when I walked into 1st period.

"Hey guys!" I said.

"Hey~ Ready for the lab?" Jirae asked.

"I know I am~" said Woori.

"No, I am soooo not ready," I groaned. 

"Aw, why not?" Woori asked.

"1. I don't like my partner. 2. What if it's an explosion?! And 3. I don't like my partner." 

"Oh. It's okay~ Your guy will protect you if there's an explosion~" Jirae teased, while I gave them the you-did-not-just-say-that look.

Class started and we took out our materials. I glanced sideways and saw Zelo. He looked back at me and we shared a smile.

Ah. Maybe today will be a better day.

 

Classes ended and I walked to my locker with Zelo. 

"I heard you and your friends talking. Is your partner that bad?" said Zelo.

"Eavesdropping?" I joked. 

"Oh no! I'm sorry I didn't mean to listen to -" Zelo tried to explain frantically.

"I was just kidding Zelo. Haha. But yeah, my partner..it's not that he's bad, it's just that I have a hard time with new people sometimes." I said.

"Oh..haha," Zelo rubbed the back of his neck, and if I'm seeing it right, his started to blush. "I see. Who's your partner?"

"Zico." I said.

"Ah..I don't know who he is, but I hope he won't be mean to you." Zelo said with a sincere smile.

"Thanks Zelo."

"I think we should get going now. Don't want to be late~ Bye!"

"Bye!" I waved.

Zelo is so nice. I wish he was my partner. Sigh.


I walked into Mr. Lee's classroom, and found the desks arranged into groups of two.

Since I wanted to sit as far as possible from my friends, so they can't tease me, I went to the back next to the window.

The view was pretty good in this classroom. There were lots of trees planted around the side of the field. 

I didn't even notice when Zico sat down next to me.

"What can be more interesting than me?" He asked in a low voice.

I was surprised and jumped a little. "Since when did you get here?" I asked.

"Oh, about 3 minutes ago." He was sitting next to me for 3 minutes and I didn't notice?!

"So, what were you looking at?"

"Just..the..view."  Just the view? What am I saying?? That was so lame. -.-

"What's so good about this view? There's nothing interesting." He laughed.

"I like it. The grass is green, and there are so many trees full of leaves. The sky's really pretty today too. All those fluffy clouds," I said staring at the sky again.

Zico was silent, so I looked back at him. He was staring at me with.. a slight smile?

"Why..are you looking at me like that?" I said looking away shyly. 

"Huh? Uh..what, I wasn't looking at you I was looking at the clouds. Yeah it's nothing special. I don't know why you like them." Zico said.

He faced forward and, class was about to start.

Maybe I saw wrong..but it really looked like he was looking at me..


- Zico's POV-

Whew that was close. She seems so different from most of the girls I've met. Clouds are interesting? Haha. She's a special one.

"Okay class. Let's start our lab! Today we're going to start off with something fun. Explosions!" Mr. Lee announced. The class cheered.

"No! Why explosions?!" ______ exclaimed under her breath. Is she scared? Well that has nothing to do with me.

"Not only are you weak, you're a scaredy cat too?" I joked.

"What? Am not!" She said looking away. We'll see about that.

"Okay get with your partners and put the safety gears on. Then go to a station and wait for my instructions." We followed the orders and went to station two.

"Why are we at two? I wanted to go somewhere in the middle.."

"Because, two for the two of us." She seemed uneasy and started to read the intructions. Haha. She's cute.

"Now one person from each station come and get the materials. Then you can carefully, and I mean CAREFULLY, read the intructions at the table. I don't want anyone to get hurt. If you have questions come ask me."

"I'll go get it." 

"Okay."

I read the instructions. Reading..something I usually don't do, but I had the urge to keep her from harm's way.

"Okay, let's start."

"Wait. I still need to finish reading."

"Slow reader too? What else are you bad at? Hahaha."

"Hey! I'm trying to read it carefully so the explosion won't be so big. >.> " 

"So you are scared."

"What? No! I..I'm just worried you'll be scared!"

"Since when did Miss I-Hope-You-Trip start worrying about me?" I chuckled.


- Your POV -

"What? I'm worried about you?! Why would I?!"

"Well, you did just say you're worried that I'll be scared." He laughed.

"I - You - whatever -.-" I was at a loss of words.

"Okay you may start now," said Mr. Lee.

"We need to pour the chemical in cylinder 1 into the beaker filled with water."

"Okay.." I picked up the cylinder, but was too scared to pour it.

"Let me do it."

"No I can do it. Just give me a minute." I need to get over my fear. Plus it's just water, there shouldn't be an explosion yet..

"You look like you're really scared. Just let me do it. We don't have time to waste." He sounded angry, so I handed it to him.


- Zico's POV -

I poured the liquid in, and looked up at her. She seemed like she's upset. Was my tone too harsh? I don't even know why I felt so angry.

"Hey you okay?" 

"Yeah, I guess you're right..I'm just a weak scaredy cat.." She sounded so disappointed, that I felt mad again. This time I was angry at myself for speaking like that to her. Why am I feeling this way? This feeling is new to me. 

"Yes you are. So you do the next step. Pour the blue liquid into the beaker."

"But I can't..I'm scared there will be an explosion."

"If there is, it'll only be a small one. Don't worry I'm here." What am I saying.. This is so not me.

She looked at me as if I was a totally different person than before. 

"I thought you would tease me about it like you usually do, but you seem encouraging today,"

She gave me a smile that made my heart flutter.

"So you've fell for me already Angel?" I gave her a wink.

"Annnd the old Zico is back." She laughed, seemingly less stressed. I couldn't help but smile a little.

"Let's just get this done with."

We used the rest of the time to finish the lab. There were small explosions here and there, but _______ only jumped a little, so that was good. 

I continued to throughout the period, and she would get annoyed a few times. Hahaha.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I had a great time.