Detention

Can't Stop

             The dentention room was at the far end of the school. It was a medium sized room with 4 windows aligned next to each other facing west, so that the sunlight was shining through the glasses. The room was sort of like a storage room; filled with different sets of books, supplies, and other material. Most of them were covered in dust. You can tell that no one had touched it since the last day of school. 

            


-Your POV-

I still can't believe I got detention on the first day of school...I mean that is just bad luck.

I don't like that teacher -.- gosh I was just 5 seconds late!

The worst thing is that Zico has detention too. What if it was going to be just me and him?! That would be so awkward..

I walked towards the door, and was afraid to open it. Actually I wasn't sure what I should do. Should I knock or just go in?

Since I was tired of standing, I decided to do the latter. 

The door creaked as I pushed it open. "Why is this so scary, omg"

It was dusty inside. And...no one was there.. D:

I don't want to spend detention alone! Why isn't there a teacher here? 

I sat at a desk in the front row for 10 minutes. Still no one. 

Should I just ditch? But I can't afford more detention...

Why isn't Zico here yet? I bet he won't even show up. Sigh.

Since I had to be here for another 45 minutes I decided to start my homework. FML.


-Zico's POV-

"Hey Zico, heard you got detention." Kyung, my best friend said.

"Yeah, it was expected."

"You know I always wondered how you got into that school. You're always late, never does your homework, and ..well what do you do that's school related?"

You know I was about to ask that question myself. 

"How the hell should I know, just got a letter saying they accepted me. I didn't even apply."

"Maybe it was your parents. You know how they have such high hopes for you.."

"Yeah maybe. I don't give a . They don't get me..They hate everything I do."

"I'm sure they don't hate everything. Well are you going to detention?"

"I guess, I don't want to go home anyways."

We said our goodbyes and I walked back to school. 

I was 15 minutes late. No one was around, except the janitor. 

I doubt anyone would be in detention right now. Not that I cared.

I walked in and to my surprise, there was a girl.

When she looked up and saw me, her eyes widened.

"So you did come after all." She said. Did she guess I wouldn't?


-Your POV-

I heard the door open and looked up. 

His appearance surprised me.

"So you did come after all." I said.

We stared at each other for 5 seconds and he walked to the back without saying a word.

Rude. He could've at least said something. 

Well, now its awkward...


The both of you sat silently staring off into space. For 5 minutes, all you could hear was paper crumbling. Then something light hit your head.

You turned around and found a piece of paper crumbled into a ball on the ground beside your chair. 

"Hey! What's that for?" You shouted.

Zico looked at the paper ball and back at you and went back to doodling in his notebook. You took that as a signal to pick up the paper, and you did. You were about to throw it away, but decided to open it and see if anything was on it. 

What are you doing here?

Well that's a waste of paper just for that one sentence. You thought. Wait..what does he mean by this? I can't be here?

You scribbled, "The same reason you're here. What I can't be here?" on the paper and threw it as hard and accurate as you can towards his head. Unfortunately he was too far and the paper landed on the floor infront of his desk. 

"Weak." He muttered.

What?! Weak?I'm not weak. You hated being called weak. Because of you didn't like arguing with others, you kept quiet.

Zico smiled at your message. For some reason, he wanted to know you better. 

"What's your name." He jotted down and aimed at your head. 

You were angrily doing your homework, and felt the paper hit your head. How can he throw so accurate? Ugh.

You turned around and glared his way while picking up the paper, but he wasn't looking.

You saw the message and laughed. Quickly writing a reply and threw it back. This time it made it to his head. Yes!

He opened the paper and saw:

If you're going to ask someone their name, at least tell me yours.

Oh and it's a '?' not a period. Don't you know your punctuations?

Zico laughed to himself and replied:

Fine. I'm Woo Jiho. Call me Zico. I wasn't asking a question. I was demanding it.

You heard him laugh and turned around to see. This time you stayed facing his direction so you can catch the the paper ball. There's no way he would throw it at my face even when I'm looking at him right? You thought wrong. He still threw it at your face and you couldn't catch it on time. 

"Ow!" You said while glaring at him. Ugh. I don't like him one bit. Whatever feelings I had for him are gone. 

You read the note and felt like bursting out in laughter. Demanding?! Whatever. Hahaha. He's just making an exuse for using the wrong punctuation.

Woo Jiho. Zico. So Zico's not his real name. Wonder how he got that. His gangster name maybe? Woo Jiho....

While you were thinking, Zico finished up his drawing of you. 

An hour has already passed and detention was over. Before you guys realized the bell rang. 

"They even set a bell for detention?" You said to yourself. Without replying to the note, you tucked it inside your algebra book and packed up. Zico closed his notebook, picked up his backpack and walked out. You finished packing and walked out. To your surprise you found Zico leaning against the wall next to the doorway. Zico looked at you and stepped infront of you. 

"You never told me your name." He said.

"Why do you want to know?"

"I don't want to. I need to."

"I don't see a need to."

"That's not fair. I gave you mine." He said cooly and smiled.

"I already knew yours. Now excuse me I need to get home. Bye" You walked around him and walked away.

"I'll find out in class. For now mind if I call you Angel?" He said loudly.

"Whatever." You muttered, not wanting to talk to him.

"I'll take that as a yes." He smiled.