Extinguished

From Here We Go Sublime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INT. VICTORIA’S BEDROOM - MORNING

KRYSTAL is lying awake in VICTORIA’S bed. Heavy bags beneath her eyes. Turning over to a sleeping VICTORIA, she looks at her face with a look of immense sadness. She holds VICTORIA’S face in her hand with a regretful expression. 

She rises out of the bed and begins to put her clothing on. VICTORIA blinks sleepily as she is woken up by the movement. She looks at KRYSTAL, confused.

VICTORIA
Where are you going?

Silently, KRYSTAL continues to dress herself. 

VICTORIA
(chuckling softly)
Get back in bed.

KRYSTAL slides her feet into her shoes and picks her bag up from the floor. Her lack of response stirs VICTORIA, causing her to rise out of bed and grab KRYSTAL by the arm.

VICTORIA
Are you leaving? Why are you leaving?

KRYSTAL
Let me go.

VICTORIA
What’s going on? 

KRYSTAL
I just need to go.

VICTORIA turns KRYSTAL around to face her.

VICTORIA
Are you upset with me? Did I do something wrong?

KRYSTAL
I don’t feel well. I feel sick.

VICTORIA looks unsold.

VICTORIA
You feel sick?

KRYSTAL
Yes.

VICTORIA
I don’t believe you.

KRYSTAL avoids VICTORIA’S searching eyes.

KRYSTAL
I don’t care what you believe. I need to leave.

VICTORIA squeezes KRYSTAL’S arm.

VICTORIA
Please, tell me what I’ve done wrong.

KRYSTAL
You’re hurting me.

VICTORIA
Was it something I did last night? If you’d just tell me I could-

KRYSTAL aggressively releases herself from VICTORIA’S grasp. She walks toward the door and looks back at VICTORIA with unconvincing eyes.

KRYSTAL
I’ll call you later.

VICTORIA gives her a look of doubt.

VICTORIA
But will you actually?

KRYSTAL meets VICTORIA’S distrustful eyes. Unable to bear the sight any longer, she exits the room.


INT. THE PARK - AFTERNOON

The bold, sepia sky fills the park. Brightly colored leaves fly about.

KRYSTAL is sitting beneath a dying tree, writing vigorously in her journal. She writes:

How could I have done such a thing? How could I have given my body to someone I do not have true affection for? Have I also committed betrayal against you? If you knew, would you feel the way I feel?

KRYSTAL sets her pen down and rereads what she has written, a look of great disappointment on her face. The sound of cheerful giggling alerts KRYSTAL. She looks up to see a joyful young couple walking hand-in-hand. Her eyes begin to swell.

She hangs her head, tears wetting the pages.

She continues to write:

Will my affection only ever belong to you?


INT.  JUNG RESIDENCE - EVENING

JESSICA is carrying a basket of laundry in the hallway. She stops in front of KRYSTAL’S door; it is slightly opened. She knocks softly as to not open the door any further than it already is.

JESSICA
Krys, I’m about to do laundry! Is there anything you want washed?

No response.

JESSICA hesitantly peeks into the room. It is empty. With curiosity in her eyes, she opens the creaking door slowly. A warm smile forms on her face as she takes a gander around the room. She takes a look at the eccentric art prints on the wall, the neatly organized vinyl, the great amount of books on the shelf. 

The sound of a door closing downstairs causes JESSICA to fearfully shut the bedroom door. She walks downstairs and is greeted by KRYSTAL, who appears to be on edge.

JESSICA
Hey, Krys. Where are you coming from?

KRYSTAL
What does it matter?

JESSICA raises an eyebrow and sets the basket down on the stairs.

JESSICA
It matters because you’re always gone without telling me where you’re going and when you’ll be back. I hardly see you.

KRYSTAL brushes past JESSICA.

JESSICA
(calling up the stairs)
Krystal! I was talking to you!

The sound of KRYSTAL slamming her bedroom door causes JESSICA to shut her eyes in frustration. With a sigh, she picks the basket up and proceeds to carry on about her task.


INT. KRYSTAL’S ROOM - JUNG RESIDENCE - MIDNIGHT

AMBER is lying flat on her stomach on top of KRYSTAL’S bed, bobbing her head a long to the music playing on the speakers. Dopamine by DIIV.

KRYSTAL is pacing around the room with a poetry book in her hand.

AMBER
What are you doing?

KRYSTAL continues to pace around the room, mumbling to herself frantically. AMBER throws a pillow at her; KRYSTAL is unfazed.

AMBER
Hey, weirdo! Will you sit the hell down for a sec?

KRYSTAL does not stop.

AMBER sits up and begins to clap her hands.

AMBER
(in a sing-song manner)
Hello? What the are you doing?

KRYSTAL looks up from the book with tears filling her eyes.

KRYSTAL
It’s all too sad, isn’t it?

AMBER looks at her apathetically.

AMBER
What now?

KRYSTAL looks back down at the book and resumes her walk around the room.


KRYSTAL
(Boisterously)
‘I lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter